Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

Quote from: Holz on October 19, 2016, 10:41:31 AM
Quote from: shaker on October 19, 2016, 09:41:49 AM
See some ex crow players are saying Softie is not exactly what you need you already have M Crouch who is a young Gibb's in the making , it was evident in the finals that you could not get the ball in the middle , Thomson has been great but is to old now B Crouch just has not been consistent leaving only Sloane to me Rockliff was the player you needed to really have a crack at a flag , the only reason all the talk has been about getting Softie is because he wants to come home

I reckon they could use a guy like Danger.
I cant see how selfish "Look at me" Sooks who miss their mothers cooking, who they call "FIGJAM" For a reason will help anyone win a team sport ;)

shaker

Quote from: Purple 77 on October 19, 2016, 06:54:07 PM
Jesus... that's massive overs for Tuohy IMO

I don't think it's overs the Cats hand over next years 1st round should be somewhere around 12 to 16 and get Carlton's 2nd should be around mid to high 20's and get a decent backman and unload Smedts fair trade for mine

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on October 19, 2016, 06:51:53 PM
Lids has nominated GWS

Not that they needed him for this, but surely flag favourites now

JBs-Hawks

Hes the final piece of the puzzle!

meow meow

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 19, 2016, 07:23:32 PM
Lids has nominated GWS

GWS are our dog. Plus we're getting Bob, Crameri and Cloke.

SydneyRox

Quote from: meow meow on October 19, 2016, 07:57:24 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 19, 2016, 07:23:32 PM
Lids has nominated GWS

GWS are our dog. Plus we're getting Bob, Crameri and Cloke.

just wait until we get JOM  :-X

Mat0369

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 19, 2016, 06:16:46 PM
Even with the 2nd rounder added, I just cannot fathom how a 1st round pick is involved in that trade

GL with Smedts Carlton  ;D

It means that Jed Bews doesn't have to play again  :P

I find the 2nd round pick interesting, assuming Geelong carry form the jump from our 2nd to their first isn't much at all. I don't think that Smedts and four spots in the draft  is equal to Tuohy but I think SOS is looking at what he needs to give GWS for Marchbank. Take a little less in this deal to get what we're after in another.

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on October 19, 2016, 06:58:08 PM
I really rate Tuohy. watch a lot of Blues games with my Carlton mate and I love watching him play

but if you're getting a 1st you gotta take it

I don't reckon anyone has really seen us play much since Malthouse was sacked. As soon as Mick left Tuohy flicked a switch and has been excellent. He finished that year third in the B&F and has been our best shut down small defender. He is a pretty underrated player and an excellent kick so the Cats have pretty much got their Enright replacement.

Nige

Man, it's gonna take me a while to cope with the fact that Brett Deledio won't be in yellow and black next season.  :(

Now I know how Hawks fans feel about Mitchell and Lewis.

RaisyDaisy

Curious to see the AFL explain how Geelong was allowed to trade the future first rounder for Touhy

Rule was you have to use 2 every 4 years, and they've now traded a third one already

Mat0369

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 19, 2016, 08:31:36 PM
Curious to see the AFL explain how Geelong was allowed to trade the future first rounder for Touhy

Rule was you have to use 2 every 4 years, and they've now traded a third one already

They will likely package 2 second round picks including ours to get one back. I'll laugh of they end up getting their 1st back from GWS

PowerBug

Is it two for every rolling 4 years?

They probably just made an exception because VFL ya know.
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Rusty00

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 19, 2016, 08:40:33 PM
I'll laugh of they end up getting their 1st back from GWS
I was hoping a team would do this ;)

Purple 77

Two first rounders and two second rounders every rolling 4 years I thought?

Could be wrong though

Mat0369

I thought it was firsts and seconds but when I went back and looked at it last week I only saw firsts

Ringo

Quote from: Purple 77 on October 19, 2016, 09:16:07 PM

Two first rounders and two second rounders every rolling 4 years I thought?

Could be wrong though
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-08-06/future-trading-given-goahead-but-with-restrictions

Clubs can trade one year in the future only.

-       Clubs must make at least two first-round selections in each four-year period. If they don't, they will face restrictions from trading any further first-round draft picks.

-       If a club trades a future first-round selection, it may not trade any other future selection from that same draft. But if a club keeps its future first-round selection, it can trade any of its future selections from other rounds.

The bolded section is the rule here.