Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

And  by late picks I mean the ones teams pass on

TomK

Quote from: TomK on October 11, 2016, 08:06:44 PM
Like I responded to a post on the Crows board, I would have a think about Pick 13 + 2017 1st for Softie + Pick 24, which I think is more than fair, leaning in your favour.
Called it 8)

Although I hope we get the Blues 2017 2nd rounder instead

Mat0369

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 18, 2016, 08:22:04 PM
Look at it like this

13 + 13 (possibly higher) for Softie + 25

Good for both clubs imo

If you actually look at it like that and take the picks into account at those numbers using the points system it rates Gibbs equal to pick 7 in the draft.

The other thing most people don't look at with future pick trades is their diminished value. Every other sport that uses this system accounts for a future pick to be rated the round below where they actually are. So for example a future first is the equivalent to this years 2nd.  The reason being if a team wins a grand final the pick is a lot lower so you have to take it at its lowest possible value and not its highest. It could always backfire like it did with Collingwood but that is the risk you take. If you use this system then Adelaide is basically getting Gibbs for pick 10/11 which is a steal.

Mat0369

Quote from: TomK on October 18, 2016, 08:50:05 PM
Called it 8)

Although I hope we get the Blues 2017 2nd rounder instead

If the trade is to go through I still reckon there will be some added pieces. Probably something like

Bryce, 25, 81 and maybe a future 4th or 5th

for

13, future 1st, 71 and Grigg

Basically the late round picks mean jack and it's a 4th or 5th (most likely a 4th) added on for Grigg who I think we were looking at in a separate deal anyway. 

Nige

Quote from: Ricochet on October 18, 2016, 07:41:39 PM
Quote from: Nige on October 18, 2016, 10:58:46 AM
Next year's draft is better than this year's as well.

Lions would be happy with that one.
Really? Brett Anderson just said this one was deeper?
There's probably not a huge difference, I like some of the guy's coming through though. Dunno how PK feels about them, he's a bigger talent watcher than I am. Top end talent next year is really good so in the context of Port's pick and where they might finish, it's a pretty big risk.

They're probably expecting to improve heaps next season or trade their way back in to the first round next season, both perfectly reasonable ideas too so I guess we gotta wait and see.

Personally don't really see the benefit in Port getting involved in the trade apart from the fact that they now have 3 picks in the top 30 this year.

fanTCfool

Here's a question for Crows fans, would you prefer Rockliff or G¡bbs?  Ignoring what you'd have to put up in return.

TomK

Quote from: fanTCfool on October 18, 2016, 09:10:45 PM
Here's a question for Crows fans, would you prefer Rockliff or G¡bbs?  Ignoring what you'd have to put up in return.
Gibbs

Money Shot

Quote from: lachie_001 on October 18, 2016, 07:06:23 PM
Adel In: Softie, 25, 62
Adel Out: Lyons, 13, 53, 71

Carl In: Marchbank, Pickett, Pick 15
Carl Out: Softie, 25, 45, 58

GWS In: 13, 26, 45, 53, 58, 71 (+396 excl. 13)
GWS Out: Marchbank, Pickett, 15

GC In: Lyons
GC Out: 26, 62

Is there any truth to this or is it just a thought?

Jay

Gibbs

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Jay on October 18, 2016, 09:38:49 PM
Softie

yeah i guess matt crouch is a younger Rocky

lachie_001

Quote from: Money Shot on October 18, 2016, 09:31:52 PM
Quote from: lachie_001 on October 18, 2016, 07:06:23 PM
Adel In: Softie, 25, 62
Adel Out: Lyons, 13, 53, 71

Carl In: Marchbank, Pickett, Pick 15
Carl Out: Softie, 25, 45, 58

GWS In: 13, 26, 45, 53, 58, 71 (+396 excl. 13)
GWS Out: Marchbank, Pickett, 15

GC In: Lyons
GC Out: 26, 62

Is there any truth to this or is it just a thought?
Was just a thought :P

shaker

See some ex crow players are saying Softie is not exactly what you need you already have M Crouch who is a young Gibb's in the making , it was evident in the finals that you could not get the ball in the middle , Thomson has been great but is to old now B Crouch just has not been consistent leaving only Sloane to me Rockliff was the player you needed to really have a crack at a flag , the only reason all the talk has been about getting Softie is because he wants to come home

Holz

Quote from: shaker on October 19, 2016, 09:41:49 AM
See some ex crow players are saying Softie is not exactly what you need you already have M Crouch who is a young Gibb's in the making , it was evident in the finals that you could not get the ball in the middle , Thomson has been great but is to old now B Crouch just has not been consistent leaving only Sloane to me Rockliff was the player you needed to really have a crack at a flag , the only reason all the talk has been about getting Softie is because he wants to come home

I reckon they could use a guy like Danger.

shaker

Quote from: Holz on October 19, 2016, 10:41:31 AM
Quote from: shaker on October 19, 2016, 09:41:49 AM

I reckon they could use a guy like Danger.

I know 17 other teams that could use him.

Purple 77

Hibberd is a Dee  :D