Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Quote from: Nige on October 18, 2016, 10:58:46 AM
Next year's draft is better than this year's as well.

Lions would be happy with that one.
Really? Brett Anderson just said this one was deeper?

lachie_001

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 18, 2016, 07:17:31 PM
Umm, why would Carlton give their 2nd round pick and Softie to Adelaide to get a slightly worse 2nd round pick which they will then trade to GWS? That makes 0 sense.
Carlton are essentially getting
Marchbank, 15 for Softie, 25
Pickett for 45 and 58
That's fair value

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: lachie_001 on October 18, 2016, 07:48:15 PM
Umm, why would Carlton give their 2nd round pick and Softie to Adelaide to get a slightly worse 2nd round pick which they will then trade to GWS? That makes 0 sense.
Marchbank for Softie
Pickett for 45 and 58
And upgrade 25 to 15?
That's fair value

Bryce > Marchbank + Pickett + pick upgrade

lachie_001

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 18, 2016, 07:50:10 PM
Quote from: lachie_001 on October 18, 2016, 07:48:15 PM
Marchbank for Softie
Pickett for 45 and 58
And upgrade 25 to 15?
That's fair value

Hahahahah no he's not, Marchbank (pick 6) and Pickett (Pick 4) have only been in the AFL for two season. Not every 20 year old can have the same impact as the Bont in two seasons. Not to mention Gibbs is 28..

Mat0369

And there is no reason for 25 to head to head to Adelaide when we can keep it and get the same result.

Mat0369

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 18, 2016, 07:50:10 PM

and this. Adelaide are dreaming if they think Carlton will trade them Gibbs for a mid round first and a downgraded 2nd round pick.

RaisyDaisy

Marchbank is getting rated so highly. Worth a 16-25 pick imo

Hasn't been able to break into GWS

Plowman went at 3, and we're seeing how average he is. And when I say average I'm referring to being a top 3 pick so I can't see how marchbank is worth more

lachie_001

Just heard on radio from scoop that Gibbs trade might go down tomorrow:

Gibbs + 25 for 13 + 2017 1st Round Pick

If true definetely feels like overs for Gibbs

RaisyDaisy

My Point: Just because a player is a high pick from previous years doesn't mean they're still worth the same now

5 for Marchbank which has what been mainly floated seems insane. Add Pickett and it's getting fairer, but even then I'd back this year's 5 to be better than both of them

PowerBug

If Port Adelaide make another dodgy trade I'm logging out without saving and I haven't saved this RL football game since 2014 ended so real life will revert to when everything was good then :D
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: lachie_001 on October 18, 2016, 08:16:55 PM
Just heard on radio from scoop that Softie trade might go down tomorrow:

Softie + 25 for 13 + 2017 1st Round Pick

If true definetely feels like overs for Softie

Might be overs, but in 12 months time your mob could quite easily get a 1st rounder from another club

12 months is a long time

Gibbs and a second rounder is solid for you guys

kilbluff1985

yeah i think thats a good deal for both clubs

RaisyDaisy

Look at it like this

13 + 13 (possibly higher) for Gibbs + 25

Good for both clubs imo

TomK

Quote from: PowerBug on October 18, 2016, 08:17:38 PM
If Port Adelaide make another dodgy trade I'm logging out without saving and I haven't saved this RL football game since 2014 ended so real life will revert to when everything was good then :D
You re-signed Tom Jonas for 3 years, that's just as bad as another dodgy trade ;D

Mat0369

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 18, 2016, 08:17:18 PM
My Point: Just because a player is a high pick from previous years doesn't mean they're still worth the same now

5 for Marchbank which has what been mainly floated seems insane. Add Pickett and it's getting fairer, but even then I'd back this year's 5 to be better than both of them

If Carlton were dealing 5 they would be getting the GWS pick late in the first as part of the return. To be fair to Marchbank injuries are probably the only reason he isn't playing for them. Like you said with Plowman, these guys are often injured and unproven. Plowman has been really solid for us so I have been really happy with him at the Blues.

Carlton would probably ask for another player like Grigg and late pick upgrade in that deal if it was to go through. SOS is adamant thatnhe wants a player.