Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grazz

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 12, 2016, 07:40:11 PM
Quote from: Grazz on October 12, 2016, 07:37:28 PM
If the Hawks seriously want 12 and 23 for Mitchell they must now be sharing whatever SOS is smoking.  :o

Who said they did?

Wce have already confirmed our first two picks are off the table

3RD rounder should be enough

"Fans" should of been inserted after Hawks, apologies for that error.
A couple were tweeting about it asking for pick 12 and 23 for Mitchell  5x B&F blah blah AA blah blah no mention of his age but.

Scrads

From a Hawks fan, I feel like if we get pick 34 it's a good win for us, but well probs end up with 52 which isn't overly unfair.

Don't think anyone seriously thinks there's any chance of even talking about pick 12.

shaker

Quote from: Scrads on October 12, 2016, 08:07:31 PM
From a Hawks fan, I feel like if we get pick 34 it's a good win for us, but well probs end up with 52 which isn't overly unfair.

Don't think anyone seriously thinks there's any chance of even talking about pick 12.

You can't be to unhappy mate you have swapped one Mitchell for another Mitchell who is almost a clone of Sam only young , somehow the Hawks just keep kicking goals and we are not talking about Gibbs  :P

Grazz

Quote from: Scrads on October 12, 2016, 08:07:31 PM

That was Hawks fans on twitter not the Hawks. That was my mistake not including that.
34 is a decent outcome for your mob, most would be content with that once the shock of Sam
not being there settles. Shocked me when I saw it first thrown up on twitter, 1st thought was surely not.
Something big had to happen though if you were going to be successful with the players you were wanting to bring in.
Take my hat off to all involved, they just keep getting it done with minimum fuss, very professional outfit.

Vinny

I might be one of the only few that want the Hawks to stay relevant forever, they're just too good at what they do and people are mad about it. Nothing but respect I reckon!

Grazz

Quote from: Vinny on October 12, 2016, 08:29:46 PM
I might be one of the only few that want the Hawks to stay relevant forever, they're just too good at what they do and people are mad about it. Nothing but respect I reckon!

The way they go about demands respect, much like the Swans do. You have to respect them regardless of how you feel about them.

powersuperkents

Quote from: tbagrocks on October 12, 2016, 07:54:53 PM
Quote from: Nige on October 12, 2016, 03:33:44 PM
Tyrone Vickery and Tom Mitchell are final pieces of Hawthorn's next threepeat puzzle.
How come the #Cheats at Hawthorn get away with #14 for T Mitch, put it in perspective Brisbane gave up #5 - #25 and Crips to get injury prone Beams from Collingwood

Adelaide cant get #13 done but, surely another second rounder or talent like a Lyons isn't good enough?

Collingwood and Hawthorn, especially have a knack of raping everyone but teams interstate forced to pay much more!
Sydney aren't a side that really cares about personnel (excluding Tippett & Buddy), they develop their own talent and I wouldn't be surprised if they used pick 13 and developed a player greater than or equal to T Mitch.

Their success rests on the organisational structure & game plan that Paul Roos established - why they can sustain such long periods of success while other clubs cannot and why they never need to rebuild (2009 was the only time they missed finals since Paul Roos took over as head coach). It's also why a lot of players are useless when they leave (e.g. Jetta & Malceski) because the reason for their elite status was Sydney's successful game plan.

I think Sydney just want something to work with and a reasonable return on investment tbh - they won't be fussed about Mitchell leaving, they have plenty of young talent to step in

Note; 'Playing style' is probably a better word than 'game plan'

Plus I agree that pick 13 and a player should be enough for Gibbs. However, Carlton have all the leverage in this situation (3 years to run on his contract)

Grazz

Tyrone Vickery and Tom Mitchell are final pieces of Hawthorn's next threepeat puzzle.
How come the #Cheats at Hawthorn get away with #14 for T Mitch, put it in perspective Brisbane gave up #5 - #25 and Crips to get injury prone Beams from Collingwood

Adelaide cant get #13 done but, surely another second rounder or talent like a Lyons isn't good enough?

Collingwood and Hawthorn, especially have a knack of raping everyone but teams interstate forced to pay much more!

Not keen on the 'R" word mate but tbh it's two highly respected clubs going about it professionally and getting it done, hard to knock that.
Almost every footy journalist and commentator out there with alot more credibility than any of us here agree's #13 should be enough for Gibbs to get it done but somehow we Crows fans here are underrating him terribly with our offers.
Have kept my mouth shut for a long long time here but there seems to be an awful lot of hate for anything Crows here at FF at times that I don't understand at all.

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 12, 2016, 08:41:37 PM

Sydney aren't a side that really cares about personnel (excluding Tippett & Buddy), they develop their own talent and I wouldn't be surprised if they used pick 13 and developed a player greater than or equal to T Mitch.

Their success rests on the organisational structure & game plan that Paul Roos established - why they can sustain such long periods of success while other clubs cannot and why they never need to rebuild (2009 was the only time they missed finals since Paul Roos took over as head coach). It's also why a lot of players are useless when they leave (e.g. Jetta & Malceski) because the reason for their elite status was Sydney's successful game plan.

I think Sydney just want something to work with and a reasonable return on investment tbh - they won't be fussed about Mitchell leaving, they have plenty of young talent to step in

Plus I agree that pick 13 and a player should be enough for Gibbs. However, Carlton have all the leverage in this situation (3 years to run on his contract)

Agree, said it before a very classy outfit are the Swans.

iZander

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 12, 2016, 08:41:37 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if they used pick 13 and developed a player greater than or equal to T Mitch.
haha :P

RaisyDaisy

Yeah the Sam Mitchell scenario is different

We haven't poached him, and it's not long term. He clearly has aspirations of coaching and Simmo is the obvious choice as referred by Clarko, so if anything Hawks supporters should be glad to see how well they are looking after one of their greats, preparing him for life after he retires

Everyone involved benefits. We get a gun mid to help our side for 12-24 months on the field and then another 2 years as coach while Hawthorn get to free up the necessary space to land Titch and JOM, and on top of that I wouldn't be surprised if this a long term plan so that once Smitch has done his apprenticeship he could quite possibly come back and take over from Clarko and be the next Hawks coach in 5+ years time

This isn't about getting max market value for Smitch, so a 3rd round pick benefits everyone involved

RaisyDaisy

As for Titch moving for 14 - you can't compare that to other players who have gone for earlier/later picks!

Two clubs get together, negotiate and agree. Seems like the Hawks and Swans have a good working relationship which can only be good for them moving to the future

Ricochet

Do hawks actually need to free up cash space? And will Mitchell leaving free up that much??

iZander

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 12, 2016, 08:47:18 PM
Yeah the Sam Mitchell scenario is different

We haven't poached him, and it's not long term. He clearly has aspirations of coaching and Simmo is the obvious choice as referred by Clarko, so if anything Hawks supporters should be glad to see how well they are looking after one of their greats, preparing him for life after he retires

Everyone involved benefits. We get a gun mid to help our side for 12-24 months on the field and then another 2 years as coach while Hawthorn get to free up the necessary space to land Titch and JOM, and on top of that I wouldn't be surprised if this a long term plan so that once Smitch has done his apprenticeship he could quite possibly come back and take over from Clarko and be the next Hawks coach in 5+ years time

This isn't about getting max market value for Smitch, so a 3rd round pick benefits everyone involved
I dont get why Mitchell is needed with Priddis and Shuey already there? And lets be honest, without Nic Nat West coast probably arent the threat they are with him :P

Development of the youngsters is probably the up side, and for a 3rd rounder i guess thats pretty good :P

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: iZander on October 12, 2016, 08:51:42 PM
I dont get why Mitchell is needed with Priddis and Shuey already there? And lets be honest, without Nic Nat West coast probably arent the threat they are with him :P

Development of the youngsters is probably the up side, and for a 3rd rounder i guess thats pretty good :P

It's all about getting his family settled in Perth (Kids start school next year) and then preparing to coach after another year or two on the field.

He was going to come over last year, but who could blame him for delaying it 12 months when a 4 peat was a possibility

Quote from: Ricochet on October 12, 2016, 08:49:57 PM
Do hawks actually need to free up cash space? And will Mitchell leaving free up that much??

Dunno man, but Vickery is getting 500k so have to assume Titch and JOM will get even more, so that's a fair chunk on top of all their existing players getting paid

Burgoyne had to take a pay cut to play on, so it seems the cap is getting tight to squeeze the new recruits all in

Rusty00

Quote from: Ricochet on October 12, 2016, 08:49:57 PM
That was my first thought as I thought he'd be on the veterans list. I'm guessing it's more complicated than that though. Maybe some of the existing guys have some back ended contracts coming up.