Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gigantor

SydneyRox

Besides being good for Mitchell I dont really get it?

If the Hawks thought they could win a flag next year then surely they need Mitchell?

Holz

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 11, 2016, 11:38:38 PM
Let's assume Gibbs go to Crows

Rank their Top 5 players for me

Guaranteed he is on the list, and probs Top 3

No brainer - give whatever Carlton want

1. Sloane
2. Betts
3. Talia.
4. Laird
5. Lynch

im not crazy as all 5 where in the AA squad (and jenkins was aswell)

then guys like the Crouch Brothers are up there. Gibbs is good but Talia is an AA CHB and Betts is by far the best small forward in the comp. Laird is an elite rebounding half back flanker and then you can argue on Jenkins v Lynch v Gibbs

Jay

Quote from: Holz on October 12, 2016, 10:30:32 AM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 11, 2016, 11:38:38 PM
Let's assume Gibbs go to Crows

Rank their Top 5 players for me

Guaranteed he is on the list, and probs Top 3

No brainer - give whatever Carlton want

1. Sloane
2. Betts
3. Talia.
4. Laird
5. Lynch

im not crazy as all 5 where in the AA squad (and jenkins was aswell)

then guys like the Crouch Brothers are up there. Gibbs is good but Talia is an AA CHB and Betts is by far the best small forward in the comp. Laird is an elite rebounding half back flanker and then you can argue on Jenkins v Lynch v Gibbs
Agree. Gibbs wouldn't be top 3 for us. I understand your point though RD, he'd be right up there.

jvalles69

Whoah, massive if Mitchell comes over West.  Good looking out by the Hawks though, this is exactly how you should deal with your older players, find opportunity for them and wish them well knowing he will be done in a season or 2.  Take notes North and Geelong, or should I say Scott brothers.  No Hawks fan should be disappointed in a sense that he's getting a new opportunity, has been a legend of Hawthorn, but you'd rather see him move on like this, than kicked out the door like Boomer.

If he does decide to head West, depending on how many games he plays, I think it would also be he best chance to snag a Brownlow considering West Coasts polling history and not being the #1 guy getting tagged. *goes off to TAB to get on early*

RiOtChEsS

Apparently we want Charlie Cameron with pick 13, with Milera and Menzel in waiting surely its an option for the Crows

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: jvalles69 on October 12, 2016, 11:05:44 AM
Whoah, massive if Mitchell comes over West.  Good looking out by the Hawks though, this is exactly how you should deal with your older players, find opportunity for them and wish them well knowing he will be done in a season or 2.  Take notes North and Geelong, or should I say Scott brothers.  No Hawks fan should be disappointed in a sense that he's getting a new opportunity, has been a legend of Hawthorn, but you'd rather see him move on like this, than kicked out the door like Boomer.
yeah u make a good point there mate, my initial thought was "oh fk hawthorn" not because they are booting him out but because they are creating salary cap to cater too titch and jaeger, sick of hawthorn being relevant

Jay

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on October 12, 2016, 11:05:57 AM
Apparently we want Charlie Cameron with pick 13, with Milera and Menzel in waiting surely its an option for the Crows
I can't see Cameron wanting to leave though.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Jay on October 12, 2016, 11:24:05 AM
WA boy too, i hope he wants to come but if he doesnt want to its just bandaiding the problem for later

PowerBug

Crows should just give them Menzel back :P
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

lachie_001

Not on the table, every Crows fan would riot. Cameron is the type of player the Crows are too short of. SOS is just looking to raid Crows like he did GWS, asking for some ridiculous offers. I too am getting sick of this, please keep your 28 year old Gibbs or deal with Port.

lachie_001

I just would like to add, none of Cameron, McGovern, Lyons want to leave the Crows because none of them are fringe players. I can only see picks getting this deal done.

elephants

As people have stated, Gibbs is the final piece in the Crows premiership puzzle. These A-Grade mids don't pop up on the trade table often, so when one specifically states he wants to go to Adelaide (of all places) you've gotta come to the table.

Money Shot

Quote from: elephants on October 12, 2016, 01:15:17 PM
As people have stated, Gibbs is the final piece in the Crows premiership puzzle. These A-Grade mids don't pop up on the trade table often, so when one specifically states he wants to go to Adelaide (of all places) you've gotta come to the table.
They won't wanna give up players like Cameron or McGovern but pick 14 and next years first will do ;)

PowerBug

Quote from: lachie_001 on October 12, 2016, 12:50:37 PM
I just would like to add, none of Cameron, McGovern, Lyons want to leave the Crows because none of them are fringe players. I can only see picks getting this deal done.
Cam Ellis-Yolmen? Where's he at regarding his future? Clearly a fringe player, and if Gibbs was to come to the club he'd be pushed back another spot in the list.

Quote from: Money Shot on October 12, 2016, 01:16:51 PM
Quote from: elephants on October 12, 2016, 01:15:17 PM
They won't wanna give up players like Cameron or McGovern but pick 14 and next years first will do ;)
And then they have a year like Freo 2016 right? ;D Waiting for the time a team trades away a future first rounder and they fall to the bottom of the ladder, it'll probably be Port which will make me stop laughing no doubt :'(
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126