Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_wato

S Mitchell open to a trade to the Eagles, as mentioned by himself on SEN this morning.

What the actual flower is going on this year hahahaha

JBs-Hawks

shaker

So does that mean they will cough up there 1st round for him ?

Ringo

And rocky meeting with FAgan today. So could be some more interesting developments today.

shaker

Cats knocked back Tigers push for Caddy looking more like Lids will be staying at Punt Rd it also says he would have to take a pay cut of 200K to fit in there salary cap if it went ahead

_wato

Quote from: shaker on October 12, 2016, 09:40:01 AM
Cats knocked back Tigers push for Caddy looking more like Lids will be staying at Punt Rd it also says he would have to take a pay cut of 200K to fit in there salary cap if it went ahead

Yeah because Geelong can pick him up for nothing end of next year as a free agent.

Also, wouldn't have to give up much for SMitch, he's 34, literally a one year contract and then a coaching role, maybe a later pick if that

PowerBug

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 12, 2016, 09:32:33 AM
I feel sick
Mitchell's only been your best player for 5 seasons (5BnFs), and delivered you 4 premierships in years not those 5. Don't you think he's done enough for the club you support? Unlike some of these players wanting to move club I think Mitchell is the one that should be allowed to go somewhere if he wants to!
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Purple 77

Nah. Sam Mitchell, that is the biggest bombshell of the period. Will be hard to beat.

Money Shot

It goes to show there is no point on us trying to predict the trades Hahahaha :P

RaisyDaisy

Seems so weird, and especially since it was Clarko that suggested it

Very happy to have him on board for 12 months though!  ;D

strikes91

Interesting to see what WCE offer. He only has a year or so left in him

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: shaker on October 12, 2016, 09:35:20 AM
So does that mean they will cough up there 1st round for him ?

1st rounder? LOL he is only playing for 1 year, and the Hawks have suggested it

Will cost us next to nothing

Rusty00

Quote from: PowerBug on October 12, 2016, 09:48:46 AM
Mitchell's only been your best player for 5 seasons (5BnFs), and delivered you 4 premierships in years not those 5. Don't you think he's done enough for the club you support? Unlike some of these players wanting to move club I think Mitchell is the one that should be allowed to go somewhere if he wants to!
It's not about "doing enough" for the club it's the thought of one of our club legends playing for another team.

Maybe I'll come around to the idea, but my initial thought is

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 12, 2016, 09:32:33 AM
I feel sick

Ricochet

Money is on Sam Mitchell pulling the piss to stick it up media for Breust rumours

RaisyDaisy

Jon Ralph reporting that apparently Mitchell was very close to moving to West Coast last year, and that it's been something that was going to happen eventually because he was more or less moving the family over anyway to coach with us

1 year playing deal, possibly with a trigger for a second and then a 2 year coaching deal