Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on October 11, 2016, 11:16:49 PM
i'm curious so if Gibbs isn't the answer for the Crows who or what is?

to me it only seems like there midfield is lacking compared to the top 4 teams after Danger left and Gibbs will help with that along with development of the Crouch brothers and others

i'd have Crows making top 4 if they land Gibbs
Gibbs is the answer, he's a great player and exactly what we need. Someone with a bit of class. But if Carlton want Brad Crouch then that's really just sideways and getting older.

I strongly disagree with the Crows fans who are saying they wouldn't do 13 + Lyons for Gibbs and think they're overrating our current midfield. The lack of star quality hurt us big time in crucial games this season.

RaisyDaisy

Crows are a good looking outfit, but don't forget that since the bye they didn't beat a Top 8 side (I don't rate North as Top 8 ) so they clearly lack somewhere to compete with the top sides, and it's widely acknowledged that the midfield is where they need to improve. Won't get a better option than Gibbs for that

RiOtChEsS

Daniel Wells wrapped in bandages just got 600k for 3 years at 32 years old this coming season because he can really kick a ball

Bryce Gibbs 27, similar contract, kicking, class and durable, clubs are paying premium for this skill set NOW, its a need for Adelaide

Grazz

to me it only seems like there midfield is lacking compared to the top 4 teams after Danger left and Gibbs will help with that along with development of the Crouch brothers and others

Him and another one like him tbh mate, that's how I see it.

Quote from: elephants on October 11, 2016, 11:30:26 PM
Quote from: fanTCfool on October 11, 2016, 11:27:07 PM
Quote from: shaker on October 11, 2016, 11:25:28 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 11, 2016, 11:15:19 PM
Hope Ade/Car sort it out asap so this convo can end  :-X

Yes it is turning into a bit of a Gibbs fest

It's only a Gibbs fest because nothing else has happened  :P

Its only a Gibbs fest because Crows fans are lowballing hard :P

Haha don't think we are with what is being suggested as offered. We don't know that for sure obviously.
I don't want to see either club robbed, he want's to leave we'll offer what we can afford to lose if it's not enough he stays in Vic.

Quote from: Jay on October 11, 2016, 11:43:39 PM

Gibbs is the answer, he's a great player and exactly what we need. Someone with a bit of class. But if Carlton want Brad Crouch then that's really just sideways and getting older.

I strongly disagree with the Crows fans who are saying they wouldn't do 13 + Lyons for Gibbs and think they're overrating our current midfield. The lack of star quality hurt us big time in crucial games this season.

Gibbs is part of the puzzle that makes a flag mate but we still seriously need one more of his quality to be a dead set contender.
I'll happily give #13 and Lyons although i'd love to keep him or #13 and 2017's 1st rounder asking for more than that is to much. Rather develope what we have and keep the picks.

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 11, 2016, 11:38:38 PM
Let's assume Gibbs go to Crows

Rank their Top 5 players for me

Guaranteed he is on the list, and probs Top 3

No brainer - give whatever Carlton want

Hard to argue with that RD but to throw the kitchen sink at him to do it isn't worth it imo. He'll be 28 with 3 years of his best left.
If we can get a fair deal done do it if not develope what we have and be patient.
Tell me what you think we should give up to get Gibbs ?

I'm over the convo also lol so over it, opinions have been shared we all know how we feel not much left to be said on it really.

Gigantor

6pr are reporting the Eagles are in discussions with 5 time Peter Crimmins Medalist and Hawthorn Champion Sam Mitchell.

It's been reported that the deal could include finishing his career at the Eagles and moving into a coaching role after his career is finished.

flower off this can't be true, I just told some one they must mean Tom Mitchell when they told me this an hour ago

I would hate to see him out there in blue and gold haha

TomK

Ricochet

lol

"Kim Hagdorn believes..."

annnnd close page

elephants

Kim Hagdorn has an awful reputation for spreading bs.

This is absolutely no expection!

Gigantor

Good to know, was getting a little bit worried for a minute there haha

Jukes

Yeah Hagdorn is a horrible journo, extremely bias to say the least...

Nige

The real issue here is that if Gibbs does end up at the Crows, he'll probably be the Adelaide rep for Fox's Longest Kick next year so he can defend his crown which means we don't get to see Tex at it again. :(

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Nige on October 12, 2016, 01:28:06 AM
The real issue here is that if Gibbs does end up at the Crows, he'll probably be the Adelaide rep for Fox's Longest Kick next year so he can defend his crown which means we don't get to see Tex at it again. :(
no faith in em actually playin grand final day then mate :D

DazBurg

Riewoldt rejects Essendon approach

Essendon coach John Worsfold made private contact with Richmond forward Jack Riewoldt only for the Tiger to reinforce his commitment to stay at Tigerland, the Herald Sun reports.

The Dons had sensed the 27-year-old spearhead might be convinced to start afresh at Bomberland following trade talks between the clubs and private discussions between Riewoldt and friend, Essendon veteran Brendon Goddard.

However, a subsequent meeting between Riewoldt and Tigers coach Damien Hardwick convinced the dual Coleman medallist his future was at Punt Road.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-10-12/trade-winds-tiger-riewoldt-wont-change-his-stripes

damn could of joined us Jack