Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomK

Quote from: lachie_001 on October 11, 2016, 01:40:07 PM
Quote from: TomK on October 11, 2016, 12:36:21 PM
Quote from: lachie_001 on October 11, 2016, 11:24:15 AM
And like I said I'm comfortable with Adelaide passing and using pick 13 to find our own midfielder.
Which would be absolutely stupid and I hope you know that, we will get it done and I'm confident we won't over pay. If we go to the draft with pick 13 for a midfielder instead of Gibbs, the pick won't be a consistent AFL for another 3-4 years and by then Betts will likely be retired, Sloane, Tex, Talia, Jenkins, Lynch, and Jacobs, pretty much our whole spine will be over 30 or nearing it and likely past their best. We need the midfielders now, not wait a few years for a draftee to perform at AFL level.
No its not stupid, Gibbs isn't going to take Adelaide to its 3rd premiership. Tweaks to the game plan will, Matt and Brad Crouch, Lyons, McGovern, Atkins, Knight, Milera can all go a step further next season. But you need to keep an eye on the future and we have had a lack of first round talent in the last 5 years. I still think we should get Gibbs but I am not prepared to pay overs, and anything more than pick 13 is over. On the open market I think he is actually worth pick 16-19. In regards to keeping pick 13. My point earlier was, if you look at the past recruiting with picks around that area, we always recruit well. Perfect examples are Brodie Smith, Daniel Talia, Jake Lever. So I wouldn't be devastated if nothing eventuated, and we can just have another crack next year with our 2nd round pick lol
Tweaks to the game plan will not get us a flag either. Sloane, Matt and Brad Crouch as the only full time reliable midfielders will not cut it against the best teams, I thought that was painfully obvious against the Swans and Eagles. We'll be a hell of a lot closer with Gibbs instead of pick 13. We picked up two first rounders last year so losing one this year doesn't matter that much and our young talent/depth is pretty good at the moment. You are severely underrating Bryce Gibbs as well, bloke is an absolute star and if we got him just for pick 13, we would be running away like bandits. Also when he comes to the twilight of his career, I'm pretty confident he would be able to finish on a back flank, similar to Boyd. His skills are exactly what we need in our midfield right now.

Gigantor

Do you think Gibbs would have asked for a trade if Adelaide finished the year with a similar ladder position to Carlton?

iZander

Quote from: Gigantor on October 11, 2016, 01:53:43 PM
Do you think Gibbs would have asked for a trade if Adelaide finished the year with a similar ladder position to Carlton?
No, i do not haha

TomK

Quote from: Gigantor on October 11, 2016, 01:53:43 PM
They're moving for family apparently, they just had a kid I think so no idea :P

Holz

If Gibbs was available in the draft where do people see him going. I reckon clubs would be foolish not to take him at pick 5.

_wato

Gibbs is a weird one, started his career like a house on fire then went missing for 3/4 years and then went nuts this year

If you rate him on his year just gone you'd say 13 + Lyons is about right

However previous years you'd say a late first round might be fine

Holz

Quote from: _wato on October 11, 2016, 02:05:07 PM
Gibbs is a weird one, started his career like a house on fire then went missing for 3/4 years and then went nuts this year

he did start insane then fall away abit but his 2014 was pretty good.

I think really only 2015 he had a bad year, his other years were decent enough.

much better then punting on the draft with pick 16.

elephants

Quote from: Holz on October 11, 2016, 02:07:34 PM

This is the thing, could be a no-namer you pick up for Gibbs who probably has 4-5 years left...

13 + Lyons would be fine, but if I was Adelaide I'd be prepped to offer even more to get it done.

_wato

Yeah saying he went missing is harsh, falling away is a better term. But agree 100%

Very very tidy acquisition for the Crows, instantly a better side now. They lacked in the midfield and get a ready made gun
Reckon he'll enjoy changing nothing about his game too to fit in, Sloane will take over the grunt work from Cripps and he can play exactly as he did this year

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: elephants on October 11, 2016, 02:10:58 PM

This is the thing, could be a no-namer you pick up for Gibbs who probably has 4-5 years left...

13 + Lyons would be fine, but if I was Adelaide I'd be prepped to offer even more to get it done.
McLovin Jr and Lyons

RiOtChEsS

Midfielder Jarryd Lyons will travel to Melbourne this week to work through his options, but his manager says he still intends to stay with Adelaide. 

Six clubs, both in Victoria and other states, have contacted Lyons's management to check on his status during the NAB AFL Trade Period. 

The 24-year-old has been linked to Carlton as part of discussions to send Bryce Gibbs to the Crows, but it is now unlikely he will be part of that deal.

He has been offered a contract to stay with Adelaide but was not satisfied with the club's initial offer and is exploring other opportunities.

kilbluff1985

i love the pointless debates about Gibbs value lol

shaker

Have Carlton been offered pick 13 and Lyons or just pick 13 ? because Lyons will be grabbed by another club in a heartbeat , if the Crows have to start using future picks as well they may as well chase Rockliff or Mitchell which IMO are exactly the type of mids that they need

lachie_001

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on October 11, 2016, 02:17:49 PM

McLovin Jr and Lyons
Rucci throwing up McGovern and BCrouch as a sweetener to pick 13 lol, wouldn't even straight swap bcrouch for gibbs and no chance McGovern he's going to be a star.

elephants

Quote from: lachie_001 on October 11, 2016, 02:43:29 PM
Quote from: RiOtChEsS on October 11, 2016, 02:17:49 PM

McLovin Jr and Lyons
Rucci throwing up McGovern and BCrouch as a sweetener to pick 13 lol, wouldn't even straight swap bcrouch for gibbs and no chance McGovern he's going to be a star.

Its a good job you're not an AFL trade manager haha, you've gotta give some to get some!