Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SydneyRox

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 10, 2016, 06:55:26 PM
I reckon Pick 14 + another pick (2nd rounder, future pick etc) is enough to land Titch

Then send a starting player + something for JOM

Yeah I agree, 14 + next years 2nd round sounds fair to me for Titch

14 on its own isnt enough.

Money Shot

Gibbs for 13 and Lyons
Tuohy for 36 (GEE)
13, 24 and 79 for Marchbank, Stewart and Downie
36 for Hrovat and Honeychurch

Although I'm not a huge fan of that but I feel like something similar could happen!

As long as our pick 5 doesn't get taken off us :P

Not really happy with the Gibbs deal but don't know how we are going to do much better! Maybe a pick 80ish for a Grigg like player

Spite

Pickett requests trade to Blues so they will probably now have to give up something more significant

Mat0369

Quote from: TomK on October 10, 2016, 06:59:36 PM
Fair enough, it wouldn't surprise me to see a three way deal.

I think you're underselling Lyons a bit though, he had a pretty damn good year. Agree on Grigg not being worth much though.

You can say I am underselling him but he is not anywhere near the level of Gibbs and where the pick is likely to fall. Looking at this realistically, once the academy players are picked up 13 will likely become pick 16-20. We're talking about a guy who is a former number 1 overall pick and was looked at to make the AA squad his form was that good this year. He also won a B&F 2 years ago and last year he had some injury issues. The fact he is contracted should make it harder, not easier for the Crows to trade for him.

Mat0369

Quote from: Spite on October 10, 2016, 07:06:56 PM
Pickett requests trade to Blues so they will probably now have to give up something more significant

If that's true that makes it interesting. I think it comes down to what Adelaide can give GWS to make the deal satisfactory for them. Gibbs basically nets us those 3 and the blow doesn't look as bad.

meow meow

Gibbs still has another 100+ games in him, easily. No reason why he can't be playing half back again as a 32 year old if needed after some prime midfield seasons. Pick 16 would be insulting.

Mat0369

Quote from: meow meow on October 10, 2016, 07:19:15 PM
Gibbs still has another 100+ games in him, easily. No reason why he can't be playing half back again as a 32 year old if needed after some prime midfield seasons. Pick 16 would be insulting.

Prestia is 3 years younger then Gibbs and they are expecting pick 6 for him. I'm taking Gibbs over Prestia every day of the week.

shaker

Am I right Geelong have pick 36 and Motlop and have to find a way to get Lids and Tuohy ?

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: shaker on October 10, 2016, 07:42:46 PM
Am I right Geelong have pick 36 and Motlop and have to find a way to get Lids and Tuohy ?

Richmond don't want Motlop, which makes it even harder

Money Shot

Tuohy for 36 is about right I would say :) feel like both teams would be happy with that!

shaker

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 10, 2016, 07:44:22 PM
Quote from: shaker on October 10, 2016, 07:42:46 PM

Richmond don't want Motlop, which makes it even harder

Yep I saw that which is good it looks like Motlop may go to the Blues so if they only have 36 they will have to cough up a good player as well for Lids or to another club to get a higher draft pick for him but have not heard any other names tossed up yet

meow meow

Cats will probably get something for Kersten Dunst.

fanTCfool

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 10, 2016, 07:12:08 PM

If that's true that makes it interesting. I think it comes down to what Adelaide can give GWS to make the deal satisfactory for them. Gibbs basically nets us those 3 and the blow doesn't look as bad.

Why are we obliged to take Pickett? I'd prefer the Hrovat and H'Church combo, no need for him.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: fanTCfool on October 10, 2016, 07:53:54 PM

Why are we obliged to take Pickett? I'd prefer the Hrovat and H'Church combo, no need for him.

Youd rather two VFL players then a top 5 draft pick with pace and potential?

elephants

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 10, 2016, 07:55:11 PM
Quote from: fanTCfool on October 10, 2016, 07:53:54 PM

Youd rather two VFL players then a top 5 draft pick with pace and potential?

Pickett had a pretty god gut last I saw, and H-Church and Hrovat will carve out good AFL careers imo, bit harsh labeling them VFL players