Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Quote from: tbagrocks on October 06, 2016, 10:19:17 PM
Quote from: fanTCfool on October 05, 2016, 09:42:21 PM
Hopefully Gold Coast don't give away all their early picks, I was hoping to see a GWS style breakout in a few years.
So TANK as long as you can get away with whilst the AFL has their head up your arse?

Fkn Dumbetriou!

kilbluff1985

so guesses on first free agent movement tomorrow?

iZander

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on October 06, 2016, 10:25:34 PM
so guesses on first free agent movement tomorrow?

Vickery? idk haha

Bill Manspeaker

Frost? no idea. Steele. probably not. hope it gets done early though

I guess that's not exactly free agency. flower it I dunno :P

elephants

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on October 06, 2016, 10:30:03 PM
I guess that's not exactly free agency. flower it I dunno :P

Haha same man I got no clue.

I'll say Mayne if he's a free agent :P

kilbluff1985

Kelly/Dea are free agents right? my guess is them

they were announced but not officially

PowerBug

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on October 06, 2016, 10:40:25 PM
Kelly/Dea are free agents right? my guess is them

they were announced but not officially
De-listed Free Agents. I feel like they go under a different category which doesn't open tomorrow but could be wrong.
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Mat0369

Quote from: strikes91 on October 06, 2016, 09:59:01 PM
2007 will be 10 years away next year. Clutching a bit

Not at all. I'm saying that we were far worse between 2002 and 2007 which is a sustained period of being poor. Brisbane have not had a sustained period anywhere near as bad as Melbourne or Carlton. Even if you make the period the last 7 years Carlton and Melbourne were worse. To cap off how bad we were in 07, 8th most points against in history. You should have to be worse then these two teams to even be considered for a draft pick. They aren't.

We were rewarded priority picks and needed them after being docked for the salary cap sanctions. What we really needed was a bail out because we were screwed both on and off field. It wasn't until Pratt (not the AFL) bailed us out in 07 with money to get the off field right that we started improving. The priority picks mean jack if you can't get the off-field right. You guys were able to get rid of Leppitsch this year, we tried to get rid of Pagan but didn't have the money.

Quote from: GoLions on October 06, 2016, 10:01:56 PM
2010-2016 for us is almost as bad as Melbourne though. And Voss basically bringing in "top-up" like players probably makes things look a bit better than what it was.

FWIW I don't think we should have gotten a priority pick, also think we need money more than anything.

2012 Melbourne won 4 games with 3 being against the expansion teams which were in their infancy. If GWS and GC were not in the comp and it was still a 16 team competition that means Melbourne would have won a grand total of 1 game that year. In 2013 they 2 games. Regardless of how bad Brisbane have been off-field, they haven't been as bad as Melbourne between 12-14. They were not given the priority pick for that period. If Brisbane were still a 4-18 team next year, then maybe they should have been considered for one.

PowerBug

Guys, there are Port supporters on this forum, please don't mention 2007 anymore :'(
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

tbagrocks

What do people think Delidio will do? Geelong want him? Cats better not win a flag or i'll be pissed off! I used to like them winning :P

But could deledio land elsewhere? I'd take him at Adelaide! Anyone else a chance?

Just curious to see what Tigs will get for him

tbagrocks

So what did Port get when they traded Shaun Burgoyne in 2007 2009?

fanTCfool

Hearing that as much as they may want him, Geelong unlikely to land Lids due mainly to cap.

Mat0369

Quote from: tbagrocks on October 06, 2016, 11:08:43 PM
What do people think Delidio will do? Geelong want him? Cats better not win a flag or i'll be pissed off! I used to like them winning :P

But could deledio land elsewhere? I'd take him at Adelaide! Anyone else a chance?

I hope they get him. They will be screwed soon enough. You can't keep topping up when you have no depth. Lids body could very well be shot and they aren't going to win a premiership with a 2 man midfield.

tbagrocks

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 06, 2016, 11:14:05 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on October 06, 2016, 11:08:43 PM

I hope they get him. They will be screwed soon enough. You can't keep topping up when you have no depth. Lids body could very well be shot and they aren't going to win a premiership with a 2 man midfield.
Yeah it's almost crazy the youth they are passing up. Cats wont have any future at all but am sure they realize this, don't they?

Not like Sydney or GWS who just sneak in their academy players every year (Another story) But Geelong will shoot themselves in the foot and arm! (And I don't mean from Steven Dank)

kilbluff1985

oh no tbags gonna be mad everyone panic  :P