Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

Minson has advised the Doggies he is leaving

WCE interested in Vardy now too

strikes91

14 I think is suitable, they should get it from the O'Meara trade.

PowerBug

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 05, 2016, 11:39:22 PM
WCE interested in Vardy now too
I think Vardy already completed a medical at Port ??? I hope we land him anyway as he's someone that would complement Dixon up front whilst chopping out Ryder when he needs a rest

You guys can have Minson :P
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Scrads

What about

Hawks give Pick 22 (from Freo for Hill) and next year's first rounder, get Omeara

Bris give Hanley, get Hawks next year's first rounder

GC give Omeara, get Hanley and pick 22

Spite

Quote from: Scrads on October 06, 2016, 01:09:31 AM
What about

Hawks give Pick 22 (from Freo for Hill) and next year's first rounder, get Omeara

Bris give Hanley, get Hawks next year's first rounder

GC give Omeara, get Hanley and pick 22

If Brisbane add a late pick to give to GC in that deal I would say it's very even

enzedder

The following is a post from Jaxons on Saintsational. He is someone who has regularly posted trade ideas and progress with regards to the Saints over a number of years. He is no doubt close to the inner sanctum as he has the runs on the board to be believed.
With regards to Steele going for a second round pick....

"Will be this years pick 46 or next years second rounder, probably the latter.
We are also looking at other GWS players so that could change the deal and dynamics.
Steele looks likely but is not 100% just yet, and after Laverde nothing is done until it is done.
Early next week you will know about him.
We are very busy and looking at lots and lots, no different to other clubs however.
Am confident we will not pursue Hartlett further, asking price is too high on money and trade.
May reconsider if Port pay half his salary etc.
We want to get back into this years draft which is the right strategy.
And still pursuing a key tall.
If we get Steele and a tall back who is good and have 3 top 30 draft picks I will call that a very successful trade period.
We are still flirting with the idea of bringing in a big name without breaking our trade currency too much.
All can be done!"

So Steele will be a Saint, just a matter of what # pick.
The tall could be Corr who is said to have had a tour of facilities.
Hartlett can cross the Saints off the interested list at the going price.
And for the Saints to get an extra two picks in the top 30 than have presently and manage to keep #10 which Jaxons has previously alluded to the Saints will have to move some players on. He won't divulge who is being discussed because as he puts it, he has morals and won't discuss players at the club who need to be informed first.... which is fair enough.... but I'd suggest they are looking at trading one or more of Longer, Lonie, Templeton and Sinclair. The saints have four rucks, Hickey is by far our #1 ruck and Holmes has recently been given a contract and Pierce is developing well. Longer would be worth 20 something in the current climate. As for the other three they are all dynamic and creative small forwards with goal sense... three peas in a pod who could all go on and carve out good careers but who are all presently on the fringe at St.Kilda... we don't need all three.

RaisyDaisy

Vickery has agreed to terms with Hawthorn. 3 year deal

Purple 77

So, I hear Richmond may be willing to give up their future first rounder for Hartlett...

I would have thought Richmond should be going to the draft, instead of trading two consecutive years' worth of first rounders for Prestia and Hartlett  :-\

Still, Prestia is quality, and if he remains fit, could very well end up being a big win for the Tiges.

shaker

I think that the Tiges next years 1st round will be easily a top 10 probably top 6 and that is way to much for a player like Hartlett who will be 27 next year and IMO not that good a player

iZander

Quote from: Purple 77 on October 06, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
So, I hear Richmond may be willing to give up their future first rounder for Hartlett...

I would have thought Richmond should be going to the draft, instead of trading two consecutive years' worth of first rounders for Prestia and Hartlett  :-\

Still, Prestia is quality, and if he remains fit, could very well end up being a big win for the Tiges.

They might get a full season of games if they combine prestia and Hartlett hahaha

Holz

Quote from: fanTCfool on October 05, 2016, 09:42:21 PM
Hopefully Gold Coast don't give away all their early picks, I was hoping to see a GWS style breakout in a few years.

At worst they get Bowes Scheer which is very very good.

If they added Bowes Scheer Barlow Hanley then that would be a huge in, even if they lose presita and JOM. Its not like they played much last year anyway.

powersuperkents

This is obviously due to the salary cap, however, if the coaching staff played him in the midfield (his preferred position) instead of the flowering half-back line or forward pocket he would be performing at a rate closer to his pay grade  >:(

Lobbe is the one who needs to go (as long as both Ryder and Lobbe are at Port, both are being overpaid - I assume they are both part of our club of 9 players receiving over $500k per season)

iZander

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 06, 2016, 01:11:37 PM
This is obviously due to the salary cap, however, if the coaching staff played him in the midfield (his preferred position) instead of the flowering half-back line or forward pocket

Im glad someone else recognizes this!