Previous topic - Next topic

powersuperkents

Quote from: Grazz on September 25, 2016, 06:42:59 PM
Quote from: Mat0369 on September 25, 2016, 03:35:45 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on September 25, 2016, 02:55:09 PM
Carlton-esque?

Or Adelaide or Essendon

1996: Essendon Bombers (AFL)

A league and ATO investigation uncovered that the Essendon Bombers had breached the salary cap between 1991-1996. They were fined a total of $638,250: $250,000 in back tax and penalties, $112,000 for draft tampering and $276,250 for breaching the salary cap. They were made to forfeit their first-third round picks in the National Draft and were excluded from the 1997 rookie and pre-season drafts. They are the only AFL team judged to have breached the salary cap in a premiership year (1993).

Crows didn't breach the salary cap, with the deal we had with Tippet we were still under the cap. :P
Why were they punished then?

Not arguing, just genuinely interested because the AFL has, in the past, issued arbitrary punishments upon clubs for no reason whatsoever (e.g. the trading cap on the Swans for recruiting Buddy Franklin even though they didn't breach their salary cap, the COLA had nothing to do with their recruiting of him, and the club took the risk of having the smallest list in the comp. in order to acquire him).

Spite

Quote from: Ricochet on September 25, 2016, 02:10:46 PM
Quote from: Ringo on September 25, 2016, 02:08:08 PM
Looks like every player is going to Collingwood - Do they have the space in their Salary Cap?.
Spite will be able to answer that one

Quote from: Mat0369 on September 25, 2016, 02:19:42 PM
Collingwood plan on having a paper bag payment system.

*Sigh*

Cloke 800k a year
Swan on big bucks per season
Don't have to pay for heath shaw anymore
Marley leaving
Witts leaving
Nathan brown likely gone

Please no one else comment on this again

Ringo

That only accounts for 2m.  Players associated with pies will command upward of 2.5m

shaker

When I posted a long while ago about Cloke playing in the 2's on 800K Pie supporters were quick to say that his last year was only going to cost 450K ?

Spite

Quote from: shaker on September 26, 2016, 05:32:42 PM
When I posted a long while ago about Cloke playing in the 2's on 800K Pie supporters were quick to say that his last year was only going to cost 450K ?

Yeah last year is 500k for Cloke.
Swan was about 800k.

Marley, Witts and Brown will be about 300k average. Heath Shaw I can't honestly recall but for memory it's like 150k.

That's over 2.3m.

Quote from: Ringo on September 26, 2016, 05:19:34 PM
That only accounts for 2m.  Players associated with pies will command upward of 2.5m

Over 2.3m mentioned above, where are you getting 2.5m from? Regardless with front/back ending of contracts, surely everyone can understand that the money is there and can leave it alone now

Ringo

Quote from: Spite on September 26, 2016, 11:27:15 PM
Quote from: shaker on September 26, 2016, 05:32:42 PM

Yeah last year is 500k for Cloke.
Swan was about 800k.

Marley, Witts and Brown will be about 300k average. Heath Shaw I can't honestly recall but for memory it's like 150k.

That's over 2.3m.

Quote from: Ringo on September 26, 2016, 05:19:34 PM

Over 2.3m mentioned above, where are you getting 2.5m from? Regardless with front/back ending of contracts, surely everyone can understand that the money is there and can leave it alone now
Bit of fun Spite - It is just every time I pick up a paper or go on line it seems every player that is leaving a club is linked with Collingwood. Know you will not get them all.

shaker

Reported on talking footy last night Pies deal for Mayne 2 million for 4 years  :o don't know what they see in him and Wells offered 2 year deal with a trigger for a third , no one on the show could understand why the Pies are going down this path only it looked like a last ditch effort to get them in the finals to save Buckley's butt

elephants

Can someone please explain in detail how the Pies have so much money? Preferably a Pies supporter, maybe Spite if you have a chance mate?

PowerBug

Quote from: elephants on September 27, 2016, 09:52:51 AM
Can someone please explain in detail how the Pies have so much money? Preferably a Pies supporter, maybe Spite if you have a chance mate?
Literally two posts above yours ele ;) Unless you tink they have more than that? :o

Eddie has come out and said finals won't determine Buckleys fate but geez he'd be a lucky man to miss finals and keep his job you'd reckon.
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

elephants

Quote from: PowerBug on September 27, 2016, 11:21:20 AM
Literally two posts above yours ele ;) Unless you tink they have more than that? :o

Haha I'm taking the piss mate :P

jvalles69

Eddie has come out and said finals won't determine Buckleys fate but geez he'd be a lucky man to miss finals and keep his job you'd reckon.

Hardwick is still the luckiest man in the AFL coaching world...

Big Mac

;D

Bill Manspeaker

come on PB :P

PowerBug

I COULDNT TELL THE SARCASM MY BAD IT SOUNDED SO GENUINE :'(
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

GoLions

Quote from: PowerBug on September 27, 2016, 02:41:19 PM
I COULDNT TELL THE SARCASM MY BAD IT SOUNDED SO GENUINE :'(
Should always assume that anything said by ele or myself is 100% shower-talking ahaha