Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Quote from: Ringo on September 07, 2016, 03:32:06 PM
Lions rumoured to be monitoring Jack Frost.  Meets the criteria of a hard bodied bloke whilst Andrews, McStay and Gardiner develop.

Only 24 too so really coming into his prime as a key defender. I like it.

Ringo

Quote from: elephants on September 07, 2016, 03:33:49 PM
Lions rumoured to be monitoring Jack Frost.  Meets the criteria of a hard bodied bloke whilst Andrews, McStay and Gardiner develop.

Whether he wants the sunshine of Brisbane or not is probably the issue. Think it will depend whether Nathan Brown stays or goes. Lachie Keefe to come back in as well.

_wato

Quote from: Ringo on September 07, 2016, 03:40:46 PM
Quote from: elephants on September 07, 2016, 03:33:49 PM

Whether he wants the sunshine of Brisbane or not is probably the issue. Think it will depend whether Nathan Brown stays or goes. Lachie Keefe to come back in as well.

Green + pick #21 for Frost and Witts could be the go 

Grazz

Looks like Barlow is looking for a trade to another club.

Purple 77

Rumours that melbourne have offered a contract to Nick Dal Santo

QuoteAFL Trade News First ‏@AFLTrade

Recent reports suggest Melbourne will offer Nick Dal Santo a contract which'll see him play for one season & then become an assistant coach.

As far as credibility of rumour goes... pfft.

But it's an interesting thought.

meow meow

Goodwin offered his mate Thommo that deal so he must be staying at the crows or retiring. Or somebody just made it up.

_wato

Quote from: Purple 77 on September 07, 2016, 04:15:34 PM
Rumours that melbourne have offered a contract to Nick Dal Santo

QuoteAFL Trade News First ‏@AFLTrade

Recent reports suggest Melbourne will offer Nick Dal Santo a contract which'll see him play for one season & then become an assistant coach.

As far as credibility of rumour goes... pfft.

But it's an interesting thought.

If this is true, just shows that Melbourne really are doing things very smartly.

meow meow

Quote from: Mat0369 on September 07, 2016, 03:56:17 AM
Depending how far the Giants actually go they might not be able to keep him anyway. There are some bonuses in contracts, particularly Grand Final related.

I think it falls outside of the salary cap. The winning players get one million dollars split between them for winning a granny, that doesn't count under the cap. Brownlow medalists get heaps extra outside of the cap.

Purple 77

Quote from: meow meow on September 07, 2016, 04:21:22 PM
Goodwin offered his mate Thommo that deal so he must be staying at the crows or retiring. Or somebody just made it up.

Heard about that too... which makes me think, why did we retire Daniel Cross if we are after leadership and experience?

Ah well. I watch on with interest!

Big Mac

Quote from: Purple 77 on September 07, 2016, 04:28:53 PM

Heard about that too... which makes me think, why did we retire Daniel Cross if we are after leadership and experience?

How would NDal fit in our side though? Zero room for him on half back, then he'd struggle to crack into our midfield wouldn't he? Seems odd

Mat0369

Quote from: meow meow on September 07, 2016, 04:25:14 PM
I think it falls outside of the salary cap. The winning players get one million dollars split between them for winning a granny, that doesn't count under the cap. Brownlow medalists get heaps extra outside of the cap.

Not when it is a trigger in their contract. There was an article about it around a month back, it said that if GWS were to win the GF this year then all these triggers come into play which would all be within the cap forcing them to dump a heap of salary.

Purple 77

Quote from: Big  Mac on September 07, 2016, 05:36:56 PM

How would NDal fit in our side though? Zero room for him on half back, then he'd struggle to crack into our midfield wouldn't he? Seems odd

Yeah that's it, it just feels odd...

Over-compensation through a lack of leadership on ground perhaps? I dunno. I'd prefer to get games into guys like ANB instead of having NDS or Thompson getting them.

iZander

Quote from: Purple 77 on September 07, 2016, 05:44:22 PM
Quote from: Big  Mac on September 07, 2016, 05:36:56 PM

Yeah that's it, it just feels odd...

Over-compensation through a lack of leadership on ground perhaps? I dunno. I'd prefer to get games into guys like ANB instead of having NDS or Thompson getting them.

You have all your leadership you need in Daws! :P

Purple 77

Quote from: iZander on September 07, 2016, 05:49:16 PM

You have all your leadership you need in Daws! :P

Not when he gets delisted  8)

iZander