Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

powersuperkents

Quote from: Nige on September 02, 2016, 04:17:31 PM
Means we're gonna lose three former first round draft picks in Vickery, Conca and Lennon.

I think Vickery's the only one who'll benefit from a fresh start honestly.
+1

Always thought he has been unfairly dismissed by supporters of the other 17 clubs

If he goes to the Hawks (where I think he will be going), I think he will kill it as a key forward - he's always been mobile, and when in form he's a dead-eye set shot (can also nail goals in-play which is a solid quality in a key forward).

I honestly think that Jroos dominance has been both a blessing and a curse for the Tiges. He's easily one of the elite key forwards in the game, however, he overshadows any other tall forward supporting him.

meow meow

Hartlett to GC
Prestia to Richmond
Pick 6 to Port

TomK

Quote from: meow meow on September 02, 2016, 05:40:40 PM
Hartlett to GC
Prestia to Richmond
Pick 6 to Port
Suns get reamed and Port run away like bandits in that trade

RaisyDaisy

Hartlett to GC
Prestia to Richmond
Pick 6 to Port

Yeah that's what Rucci is reporting

No chance Hartlett agrees to that

Nige

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 02, 2016, 06:00:19 PM
Hartlett to GC
Prestia to Richmond
Pick 6 to Port

Yeah that's what Rucci is reporting

No chance Hartlett agrees to that
His manager Michael Doughty reckons he is 'open minded' though so who knows!

strikes91

Nige

Pies keen on Tomlinson and WHE.

powersuperkents

Quote from: TomK on September 02, 2016, 05:44:47 PM
Hartlett to GC
Prestia to Richmond
Pick 6 to Port
Suns get reamed and Port run away like bandits in that trade
I wouldn't necessarily say that...

If Hartlett stays injury free (which would be their big concern imo given his history) he can be a very solid contested midfielder.

They need a developed player and if Hartlett didn't have the injury doubts I would say it's a perfect trade given each club's current predicament.

If pick 6 was the Suns only pick in the first round (or the top 10 for that matter), I would certainly have reservations about it if I were a Suns fan. But the last thing they want is more draft picks (and the AFL has even pushed them to target players like Hartlett). Basically, due to their abundance of picks, pick 6 to the Suns in this draft crop would perceived at a significantly lower value than pick 6 last season (in which the Suns only had two picks in the first round). I'm not saying the value on it's face is different, just emphasizing that the Suns probably consider it less valuable considering the amount of first rounders they currently have/will receive

powersuperkents

I think Hartlett has been singled out because of his history with injuries and the undisclosed salary of his contract extension...

It's safe to say that Hinkley is trying something like the Eagles in 2014 - acquiring an influx of draftees (we are in a similar position as well - i.e. 2011-12 for the Eagles, 2013-14 for the Power, something appeared to be working before collapse - 2013-14 for Eagles, 2015-16 for the Power - we are only realising now that we don't have the cattle to push into the finals at this point)

TomK

Channel 7 tonight reporting that Mitch Grigg might be off to Carlton and Ricky Henderson and Andy Otten could be moving for better opportunities.

LF

Quote from: TomK on September 03, 2016, 12:10:18 AM
Channel 7 tonight reporting that Mitch Grigg might be off to Carlton and Ricky Henderson and Andy Otten could be moving for better opportunities.

Oh yesssss go get game at the Blues Griggy

fanTCfool

That'd be very nice, I hear Mitch Grigg is a gun!

elephants

Yeah Grigg is class, I rate Hendo too.

Jay

Don't blame him! We've never given him a proper crack at it.

Ringo

Quote from: Jay on September 03, 2016, 01:42:00 AM
Don't blame him! We've never given him a proper crack at it.
Will he still be one of your favs Jay if he moves?  ;)