Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

powersuperkents

Quote from: shaker on September 02, 2016, 01:10:46 PM
Quote from: powersuperkents on September 02, 2016, 12:14:13 PM
Port shouldn't have signed Hartlett for such a long time period...

Ziebell and a few other players have been signed on comparable deals and it hasn't affect their performances...

However, Hartlett has lazed off ever since he received that job security - Richmond and Nth Melbourne were waiting for him to become a free agent with offers of approx. $750-850k per season rumoured. If he performed like he did this season, assuming Port didn't extend, those offers would have certainly been reduced by a fair extent. 

I don't think any club would consider it worth their time to trade for him, he's seriously disappointed everyone this season, and Port have all the leverage. Port will certainly only release him for a lopsided deal (unless they are paying him way too much and it's interfering with the salary cap), so I think most clubs would justifiably perceive it to be a waste of time. Better for Port to hold onto him for another year and seeing if he can recapture that 2014-15 form (because this year was a huge step back for him - in fact, his worst if you exclude his first two seasons).

He's usually one of my favourites, but this season he was probably the bottom of the list (another issue could be the fact Hinkley was playing him in half-back rather than the midfield)

How much was his contract worth ? pretty sure clubs would not want to be paying him to much after this season
Unfortunately, unlike American sports, it's not publicly available because PAFC decided not to publish it (no problem publishing Monfries, Schulz, Butcher, & Dixon's salaries though...). I suspect that it was a big offer over a 5 year time frame so the Power could 'back-end' the payments whenever necessary. I suspect that this may be the reason why he's being offered as 'trade-bait'. He's a good player at his best, but I think the Power regret making the mistake that Nth Melbourne would've made with their proposed mega-offer (Richmond would have opted for Prestia instead if HH hypothetically wasn't given his contract extension).

By the sounds of it, Port wants to trade him for one of the Suns top-ten picks. Hinkley's obviously stuck in a tough position because we lack the depth to be a contender for the flag but our list has also passed a point in which rebuilding would be a huge, and inconvenient, step backwards (we are truly in limbo). Hartlett still think we are a premiership contender, however, I don't think any of the fans think that's the case. I want the best for the club, however, I don't think our list is even finals worthy at this point. We have culled the right players so far, and I think Dixon and Polec were solid recruitments, but it's time we opted for a first rounder in the draft. I have serious doubts over whether 2 first rounders for one of our required mids is a worthy prospect which makes it seem like there has to be a problem with retaining him. 

T Dog

Quote from: elephants on September 01, 2016, 11:29:36 PM
Quote from: nrich102 on September 01, 2016, 11:25:31 PM
Anyone know what Cam McCarthy's up to these days?

Has been in talks with Freo but from what Ive heard this mental stuff is bigger than we thought.

Quote from: Mat0369 on September 01, 2016, 11:28:12 PM
Quote from: elephants on September 01, 2016, 11:06:09 PM
I quite like him too but we're no chance cause he's Vic scum

He's from SA.

Cloke also saying he doesn't want to leave Vic and play in a winning team. So that rules Richmond out according to him with the Dogs the preferred team. Judd called it early this year.

Ah my bad

I was hoping for a straight swap...Trav for Jroo   >:(

iZander

is cloke really in the position to say he wants to play in a winning team? Maybe hes looking at clubs with strong VFL sides?

Ricochet

Tanner Smith has been delisted by Freo

powersuperkents

Quote from: iZander on September 02, 2016, 03:01:40 PM
is cloke really in the position to say he wants to play in a winning team? Maybe hes looking at clubs with strong VFL sides?
+1

Reading that made me laugh hahahaha

The problem hasn't been a lack of supply, rather him squandering every opportunity he's been given

meow meow

You'll get a 6'3" Asian guy for Cloke, it's already a done deal.

T Dog

Quote from: meow meow on September 02, 2016, 03:07:32 PM

Aw C'mon..your jonging me....quit jonging around, this is serious   :'(

Ricochet

Quote from: powersuperkents on September 02, 2016, 03:07:03 PM
The problem hasn't been a lack of supply, rather him squandering every opportunity he's been given
I dunno about that. Pies entries inside 50 this year have been putrid in games I've seen

powersuperkents

Quote from: T Dog on September 02, 2016, 03:09:34 PM
Quote from: meow meow on September 02, 2016, 03:07:32 PM

Aw C'mon..your jonging me....quite jonging around, this is serious   :'(
What's wrong with Jong?

Besides Treloar, Adams, and Pendlebury he'll be your best player  :P

iZander

Quote from: Ricochet on September 02, 2016, 03:10:16 PM
Quote from: powersuperkents on September 02, 2016, 03:07:03 PM
I dunno about that. Pies entries inside 50 this year have been putrid in games I've seen
doesnt matter too much, just gotta compare with with the other key forwards getting the same supply...and hes still been very poor :P

meow meow

Cloke's only problem is inside his head. Bevo and Bob will fix him and he'll kick 50+ goals.

meow meow

Should be headed to the wafl, dude has got nothing and never has shown anything, not even before he was drafted. The definition of mediocre.

Nige

Means we're gonna lose three former first round draft picks in Vickery, Conca and Lennon.

I think Vickery's the only one who'll benefit from a fresh start honestly.

shaker

Quote from: Nige on September 02, 2016, 04:17:31 PM
Means we're gonna lose three former first round draft picks in Vickery, Conca and Lennon.

I think Vickery's the only one who'll benefit from a fresh start honestly.

We did not get much out of those 3 first rounders wonder what we will get back on our investment ?