Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Its a competition wide problem though.

The whole lets overpay key forwards who have had 1 or 2 good seasons. flower being a midfielder, be an inconsistent key forward and watch the 0's get added to your contract.

GoLions

Quote from: elephants on August 03, 2016, 03:57:23 PM

The whole lets overpay key forwards who have had 1 or 2 good seasons. flower being a midfielder, be an inconsistent key forward and watch the 0's get added to your contract.
I don't mean to brag, but in U12s I kicked 46.7 from 12 games

elephants

Quote from: GoLions on August 03, 2016, 04:15:20 PM

*Gets on the phone to Ross Lyon*

"G'day Ross, listen I've heard of this young kid, he's got a lot of talent, something real special. He was on my radar about 10 years ago but I still think he can provide something of a target."

GoLions

Pkbaldy

Quote from: elephants on August 03, 2016, 04:20:03 PM
Quote from: GoLions on August 03, 2016, 04:15:20 PM

*Gets on the phone to Ross Lyon*

"G'day Ross, listen I've heard of this young kid, he's got a lot of talent, something real special. He was on my radar about 10 years ago but I still think he can provide something of a target."

He's still got the 30kg frame from 10 years ago too.

My Chumps

Quote from: meow meow on August 03, 2016, 02:19:25 PM
Nahas hasn't kept anyone out of the team. Only plays when others are injured. Has been handy back up and was a rookie listed player so cost nothing.
Nahas has been such a whipping boy for football fans he's actually become underrated haha. Not terrific, but he's been solid filler for the Roos.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/richmond-tigers-look-set-to-land-gold-coast-midfielder-dion-prestia-20160802-gqjewz.html
Why on earth would you pick the Tiges, christ

Holz

Quote from: My Chumps on August 03, 2016, 04:36:25 PM
Nahas hasn't kept anyone out of the team. Only plays when others are injured. Has been handy back up and was a rookie listed player so cost nothing.
Nahas has been such a whipping boy for football fans he's actually become underrated haha. Not terrific, but he's been solid filler for the Roos.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/richmond-tigers-look-set-to-land-gold-coast-midfielder-dion-prestia-20160802-gqjewz.html

certainly have talent

Dmart Cotchin Lids Jroo Rance Prestia.

he might as well join Treloar at the pies though

Pendles Treloar Prestia Sidey Grundy

Ricochet

Quote from: Holz on August 03, 2016, 05:07:23 PM

certainly have talent

don't forget Tay Adams and Crisp
and then there's Greenwood too

My Chumps

Quote from: Ricochet on August 03, 2016, 05:11:46 PM

certainly have talent

Calm down guys, surely we don't want to be advocating players going to Collingwood

Mat0369

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on August 03, 2016, 02:13:21 PM
Jay Clark in the HS says North should chase Vickery

I laughed at that. Brisbane might get desperate and offer him a contract.

Mat0369

Gold Coast have a couple of good academy players this year right? They will want to get as many points as possible so I can see them trading back their own pick do get as many of those mid round picks as possible that are worth more points, so I think they will want a top 5 pick and maybe a 2nd rounder as well for Prestia. Do Richmond really have the ammunition to get the deal done?

T Dog

Quote from: Ricochet on August 03, 2016, 05:11:46 PM

certainly have talent

Not sure Pies No1 priority should be another shortish midfielder to feed Big Trav.  :o

meow meow

Quote from: Mat0369 on August 03, 2016, 06:00:01 PM

Gold Coast have a couple of good academy players this year right? They will want to get as many points as possible so I can see them trading back their own pick do get as many of those mid round picks as possible that are worth more points, so I think they will want a top 5 pick and maybe a 2nd rounder as well for Prestia. Do Richmond really have the ammunition to get the deal done?

Richmond's first pick should be enough for Meatball. I think the Tigers have already traded their 2nd rounder (Yarran trade maybe).

meow meow

GC have their own first round, Melbourne's first round, their own 2nd round, Freo's 2nd round, Port Adelaide's 2nd round, Richmond's 2nd rounder. I don't think they'll struggle for points.

Mat0369

Quote from: meow meow on August 03, 2016, 06:31:42 PM
Richmond's first pick should be enough for Meatball. I think the Tigers have already traded their 2nd rounder (Yarran trade maybe).

To get pick 19 which they then sent to us, Richmond traded this years 2nd round pick as part of the deal. I see GC asking for a similar package to what Collingwood gave up for Treloar. The deal that Collingwood ended up doing was two first round picks for Treloar and a late 2nd (pick 28 which was pushed into the 30's). So assuming Richmond do something similar, it would have to be a 1st and 2nd round pick at the minimum or a player of equal value.