Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Quote from: Ringo on October 25, 2015, 05:40:53 PM
Rumours persist that Josh Glenn (Gold Coast Suns) is homesick and wants to return to SA and prepared to play in SANFL.

I rate this kid, would be a good depth player for the Crows or Power with the long-term vision of starting.

Nige

Quote from: elephants on October 26, 2015, 12:08:22 PM
Quote from: Ringo on October 25, 2015, 05:40:53 PM
Rumours persist that Josh Glenn (Gold Coast Suns) is homesick and wants to return to SA and prepared to play in SANFL.

I rate this kid, would be a good depth player for the Crows or Power with the long-term vision of starting.

Football Factory

Quote from: Money Shot on October 25, 2015, 04:51:31 PM
Is there anyone in the pre season draft that Carlton should look at it?
Andrew Moore, Sam Grimley ... Dare I say Jared Grant :o
Surely there's more talent than that!

Maybe they could draft another Yarran   ;D

SHANE YARRAN
Subiaco, 26, 186cm, 76kg
Was the WAFL's leading goalkicker and finished with 54 majors after bagging five in the Grand Final triumph over West Perth. The mercurial forward hurt his knee in the season-decider, but tested at the state combine and will loom on clubs' radars after two outstanding seasons with the Lions during their back-to-back premiership reign.

Ricochet

Yarran had a good year, but not sure he'll crack it at AFL level

Football Factory

Quote from: Ricochet on October 26, 2015, 12:29:50 PM

Yeah don't really know much about him ..WAFL 

Carlton might take a risk on a mature aged player ?

I was going to ask if you think he's better than Liam Jones, but that would be a silly question  ;D

Ricochet

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on October 26, 2015, 01:02:53 PM

I was going to ask if you think he's better than Liam Jones, but that would be a silly question  ;D
hahahahahaha :P

From the WAFL I reckon they should be looking at Adams. Huge unit (as in a barrel, not massively tall) who can play on medium fwds, and does go fwd himself. Very strong mark and can kick it a mile

Football Factory

Quote from: Ricochet on October 26, 2015, 01:06:52 PM
Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on October 26, 2015, 01:02:53 PM

hahahahahaha :P

From the WAFL I reckon they should be looking at Adams. Huge unit (as in a barrel, not massively tall) who can play on medium fwds, and does go fwd himself. Very strong mark and can kick it a mile

He's in this article as well (Marcus Adams).. there were a few forwards I could have picked but Yarran seemed the most amusing  :)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-25/state-league-gems-who-are-the-rough-diamonds-in-the-afl-mix

Ringo

http://www.lions.com.au/news/2015-10-26/list-changes

Brisbane have done it again by de-listing their NEAFL  B & F with Zac O'Brien being de-listed.  Should be a handy pick up for a club though even though mature aged. Do not agree by the way.

Jackson Paine also de-listed and will be re-signed on rookie list.

Rohan Bewick re-signed for 12 months.

Ricochet

Sam McClure ‏says

QuoteMatthew Lobbe was going to WB for pick 11 on a 4 yr deal. But Dogs couldn't do a medical because he was in Vietnam. Deal then fell through.

Also Gerard Healy says JGrant is on GC's radar, while clubs should be looking at Matt Watson

powersuperkents

Quote from: Ricochet on October 26, 2015, 07:42:51 PM
Sam McClure ‏says

QuoteMatthew Lobbe was going to WB for pick 11 on a 4 yr deal. But Dogs couldn't do a medical because he was in Vietnam. Deal then fell through.

Also Gerard Healy says JGrant is on GC's radar, while clubs should be looking at Matt Watson
Would not mind if Port picked him up

Pkbaldy

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 26, 2015, 08:01:04 PM
Sam McClure ‏says

Potato Head will be good training match up for Charlie Dixon.

powersuperkents

Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 26, 2015, 10:11:17 PM
Quote from: powersuperkents on October 26, 2015, 08:01:04 PM
Sam McClure ‏says

Potato Head will be good training match up for Charlie Dixon.
I honestly don't think he's that bad - would probably be better in defence than up forward.

The only problem is that he doesn't have any attributes that make him stand out (not sure why Carlton used a first rounder on him - but he can say that about most of their first round picks over the last decade  :P).

I don't think he was a bust, I just think injuries and a lack of focus prevented him from having an impact. Would like to see a club give him a season to develop him into a key defender. However, I don't think he would ever he able to play in the forward line at an AFL standard. He would obviously need to work on his contested marking (and spoiling)

Nige

Bombers have delisted Elliott Kavanagh and Alex Browne.

Ricochet

Holz

Quote from: Ricochet on October 28, 2015, 11:48:49 AM
http://www.afc.com.au/news/2015-10-28/wright-delisted

Matty Wright delisted

dam the guy has soo much fantasy potential he just kept getting almost there.Thought the removal of the vest would help him explode.