Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Mac

So GC have an extra first rounder next year and 3 extra 2nd rounders?

PowerBug

flower glad that's over. Does no one like their draft picks??
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Kellogscrunchynut

Only 6 of this years first round picks weren't involved in a trade blimey.

Ricochet

So where did that hussy 28 end up?

Rusty00

Quote from: Big  Mac on October 22, 2015, 03:01:28 PM
They're hoarding draft picks just to annoy TBag again ;)

Nige

JBs-Hawks

Damn was hoping we'd nab Yarren!

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Southstorm on October 22, 2015, 02:50:39 PM
Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on October 22, 2015, 11:00:39 AM
dodgy from Essendon too.  they knew of this before demanding pick 5, then a couple hours later - it's released. dodgy. as. flower.
How do you know that we knew this? What's your source? If it somehow made it's way to our club then how did no other club in the competition find out about it?

Quotewe should get pick 5 back and be able to take him through the PSD
Trade ain't gonna be reversed brah.

no source, just remember reading it somewhere. wouldn't surprise me if it was true. would surprise me if it wasn't

also didn't want the trade reversed. I'm happy to have Carlisle on our list. getting 5 back would've been nice, obviously wasn't gonna happen though

Ringo

Suns looking to shore up next years pick when boom teenager Jack Bowles is of draft age. Will probably be in Top 3 so need to have picks up their sleeve.  A couple of others of their youngsters coming on stream as well.  The 2 Northern Academies are just starting to produce quality players.

Grazz

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 22, 2015, 02:14:25 PM
Quote from: Dave085 on October 22, 2015, 01:13:16 PM
Quote from: meow meow on October 22, 2015, 12:09:12 PM
Carlisle has just apologised for his "inappropriate behaviour". Those people who had doubts that it was him should have realised that channel 9 would get the shower sued out of them if it wasn't him. They would have been certain before they ran the story.

Nothing will come of this.

They have no accountability with their reporting for certain topics so I don't think they would really care.

The AFL stance on illicit drug use is piss poor. Any other professional would lose their job over something like this.

And to put some sort of perspective to how poor the stance is, Dave Reynolds (V8 Supercar driver) was fined $25,000 for referring to an all female driving line up at Bathurst as the "person wagon". Lets see what Carlisle gets...
It's called defamation mate. If it was not Carlisle in the video he could easily have sued them for damages.

When people say the media has no accountability with certain topics it refers to political communications or the advancement of education - Carlisle snorting drugs fits into neither of the aforementioned categories  :P

That's the beauty of the word "Allegedly" lets them get away with alot.

Nige

Quote from: Ringo on October 22, 2015, 03:18:14 PM
Suns looking to shore up next years pick when boom teenager Jack Bowles is of draft age. Will probably be in Top 3 so need to have picks up their sleeve.  A couple of others of their youngsters coming on stream as well.  The 2 Northern Academies are just starting to produce quality players.
Yep. They've got some good academy boys coming through. Bowes and Scheer are pretty highly rated.

Grazz

Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 22, 2015, 02:17:10 PM
Quote from: Holz on October 22, 2015, 12:11:03 PM
Quote from: meow meow on October 22, 2015, 12:09:12 PM
Carlisle has just apologised for his "inappropriate behaviour". Those people who had doubts that it was him should have realised that channel 9 would get the shower sued out of them if it wasn't him. They would have been certain before they ran the story.

Nothing will come of this.

annoying how 90% of people would get fired immediately if they did this.

I myself believe that drink driving should be a worse penalty than using a party drug... Drink Driving you're endangering everyone on the road. Party drug you're only endangering yourself. If he somehow gets a worse punishment than Hodge, i'll be flowering pissed off.

On a lighter note. Looks like McCarthy isn't going  :'( Soon my beautiful Weller, you will be ours one day.

Hodge's punishment was the embarrassment of getting caught and his DUI fine, yep a $5k fine to charity but remember that $5k now becomes a tax deduction and a fair percentage of that will be recouped. Major reason clubs have players pay a fine to charities, seems like a good thing to do and is but their able to claim it at tax time, very clever. 

Nige

Quote from: Rusty00 on October 22, 2015, 03:22:34 PM
Quote from: Nige on October 22, 2015, 03:13:32 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-22/indicative-draft-order-your-clubs-provisional-picks-as-trade-period-unfolds

That's our order.
I love how Pick 19 originated in 2011
Haha yep, it was honestly one of the reasons I wanted Carlton to take it. Just so that it moved again. Should be interesting to see who is taken with 19 in that regard.

Kellogscrunchynut

Quote from: Nige on October 22, 2015, 03:36:56 PM
Quote from: Rusty00 on October 22, 2015, 03:22:34 PM
Quote from: Nige on October 22, 2015, 03:13:32 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-22/indicative-draft-order-your-clubs-provisional-picks-as-trade-period-unfolds

That's our order.
I love how Pick 19 originated in 2011
Haha yep, it was honestly one of the reasons I wanted Carlton to take it. Just so that it moved again. Should be interesting to see who is taken with 19 in that regard.
Hope its a pass.