Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Grazz on October 20, 2015, 10:52:47 PM
Quote from: powersuperkents on October 20, 2015, 10:46:10 PM
@Rico & Pk

I completely agree. McCarthy is not a 1st tall and would be slaughtered if he moved to Freo - obviously why Freo are not willing to part with anything significant to secure him. The same problem would have occurred if Freo got Schulz (same sort of forward) and I've seen the problem with Schulz on many occasions (Schulz is athletic, runs free, and dives towards the ball - so McCarthy lacks those features that could make him serviceable as first tall).

Freo really need to look for a player comparable to Pav imo, but these players rarely leave their clubs so Taberner & Apeness seem to be the players to focus on for now.

Would Fyfe and Bennel rotating through there help him out by demanding the #1 defender goes to them or not.

I think it would depend on the team. Fyfe and McCarthy are probably around the same height. And I'd bank on Fyfe being stronger over head. So in most cases I could see the top defender (Only if quick) on Fyfe, leaving the 2nd too McCarthy. But if Bennell went forward you'd see a medium sized defender on him.

E.g For Adelaide, Cheney on Bennell, Talia on McCarthy. But once Bennell moved into the mid and Fyfe rested up forward, they'd probably swoop Talia onto Fyfe and Lever/Hendersen would take McCarthy.

Quote from: meow meow on October 20, 2015, 10:47:41 PM
Michael Talia up at Sydney getting a medical. There's talk that we're just going to delist him and the Swans will get him for nothing as a delisted free agent.

Wow... He's going to be a decent defender too! Should at least get something for him from a club...

Mat0369

Quote from: AaronKirk on October 20, 2015, 09:35:45 PM
The more I think about it Hawthorn probably would offer one of pick 15 or 18 for Yarran which is why Carlton would reject Richmond's offer.

Means really Richmond have to offer more than pick 19 to get him.

Pick 19 is probably what a fair offer is worth but you have to pay what the market is offering.

I hope Carlton push for a 1st round pick from the Crows in the deal for Menzel. If they give Menzel for Kerridge and 28 they would be getting shafted massively.

Agreed, I wouldn't think they make the move if that's the deal

Grazz

Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 20, 2015, 11:02:21 PM
Quote from: Grazz on October 20, 2015, 10:52:47 PM
Quote from: powersuperkents on October 20, 2015, 10:46:10 PM
@Rico & Pk

I completely agree. McCarthy is not a 1st tall and would be slaughtered if he moved to Freo - obviously why Freo are not willing to part with anything significant to secure him. The same problem would have occurred if Freo got Schulz (same sort of forward) and I've seen the problem with Schulz on many occasions (Schulz is athletic, runs free, and dives towards the ball - so McCarthy lacks those features that could make him serviceable as first tall).

Freo really need to look for a player comparable to Pav imo, but these players rarely leave their clubs so Taberner & Apeness seem to be the players to focus on for now.

Would Fyfe and Bennel rotating through there help him out by demanding the #1 defender goes to them or not.

I think it would depend on the team. Fyfe and McCarthy are probably around the same height. And I'd bank on Fyfe being stronger over head. So in most cases I could see the top defender (Only if quick) on Fyfe, leaving the 2nd too McCarthy. But if Bennell went forward you'd see a medium sized defender on him.

E.g For Adelaide, Cheney on Bennell, Talia on McCarthy. But once Bennell moved into the mid and Fyfe rested up forward, they'd probably swoop Talia onto Fyfe and Lever/Hendersen would take McCarthy.

Yep makes sense that.

Grazz

On Twitter Treloar is giving a short interview all decked out in Pies gear signing contracts, Collingwood are ballsy thats for sure haha. Pretty sure he is still a GWS player ain't he.

Ziplock

Quote from: Grazz on October 21, 2015, 01:54:31 AM
On Twitter Treloar is giving a short interview all decked out in Pies gear signing contracts, Collingwood are ballsy thats for sure haha. Pretty sure he is still a GWS player ain't he.

haha, all class from the pies as always :P

Grazz

Quote from: Ziplock on October 21, 2015, 02:14:51 AM
Quote from: Grazz on October 21, 2015, 01:54:31 AM

haha, all class from the pies as always :P

Lol you gotta laugh don't ya, they just go around giving the bird to everyone. They don't give a shower.
Have you seen it on twitter Zip ?

Money Shot

Apparently Yarran is considering sitting out next year if he doesn't get to Richmond :-[
I personally think 19 is slight overs for Yarran and I would just accept it as Richmond are never going to offer pick 12 for him and rightfully so.

Menzel for Kerridge, 28 and another later pick.

19,20,21 and 28 can be used on the 5 GWS boys!

Ringo

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 20, 2015, 10:57:01 PM
Quote from: Nige on October 20, 2015, 10:51:24 PM
Apparently Bewick's met with North and could be a part of the deal to get Bastinac to the Lions.
Interesting, North really wants to bolster their forward line but I'd put Anderson ahead of Bewick (already had limited opportunities in Brisbane and won't break into North's defence or midfield). Don't know why the Roos would want him tbh - he's a good mark but he would not be starting 22 material at the Kangas (Bastinac arguably isn't either though)
Bewick is off contract and is a fringe player with us as well.  As i posted in Lions thread Basti would still not be guaranteed a start in Brisbanes mid field either.

kilbluff1985

do u guys think players have or do like tell opponents they want to play for them

like Treloar says to Pendles

"hey Pendles can you tell Bucks i'd love to play for you guys"

not saying that happened but wondering if people think it happens

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on October 21, 2015, 10:09:46 AM
do u guys think players have or do like tell opponents they want to play for them

LOL, no

They would tell their managers that - not the opposition

Only instance I would think is if they are very good mates who are at different clubs and mention it in their own personal time to each other

PowerBug

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 21, 2015, 10:19:27 AM

LOL, no

Only instance I would think is if they are very good mates who are at different clubs and mention it in their own personal time to each other
Only Jake Carlisle tells the opposition first.
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

RaisyDaisy

kilbluff1985

‏@AFL_CalTwomey
Essendon retaining two second-rounders, as well as attaining pick 5, in the imminent Jake Carlisle deal is a big win.

Ricochet

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 21, 2015, 10:19:27 AM

LOL, no

Actually they have done, and still do.

Nige

The Lobbe to Richmond rumour has got a bit of attention this morning.