Everything on twitter is up to shower with this Carlisle trade... Is it???;

Ess In: 5, Bird
Ess Out: Carlisle, 23,25

Syd In: 23, 24, 25
Syd Out: Bird, 14

Saints In: Carlisle, 14
Saints Out: 5, 24

I have no clue...

sounds pretty solid to me, everyone gets what they want. imo saints would be winners

Pkbaldy

Quote from: SydneyRox on October 20, 2015, 08:34:47 PM
Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 20, 2015, 05:28:38 PM
Everything on twitter is up to shower with this Carlisle trade... Is it???;

Ess In: 5, Bird
Ess Out: Carlisle, 23,25

Syd In: 23, 24, 25
Syd Out: Bird, 14

Saints In: Carlisle, 14
Saints Out: 5, 24

I have no clue...

sounds pretty solid to me, everyone gets what they want. imo saints would be winners

That's the real trade. The only thing holding it up is Craig Bird. He'll have a chat to his family and such tonight I guess.

St Kilda: IN Carlisle,14&44.
            OUT 5&24

Ess: IN Pick 5, Craig Bird.
       OUT Carlisle, 25&44

Syd: IN 24&25
       OUT Bird&14

Mat0369

Just saw this as well

QuoteSome rival clubs had suspected Hawthorn could make a last-minute play for Yarran with the pick No.15 it acquired from North Melbourne in the Jed Anderson trade, but it's understood Yarran won't be open to a late approach from another club.

So basically Carlton are saying we still want pick 12 because the Hawks can offer better then you can. I reckon if they come back with next years first rounder it would get the deal done.

Pkbaldy

And apparently if that trade does go through. Freo could try and include St Kilda into getting McCarthy to Freo.

Saints Lose: Pick 14
Saints Gain: Lachie Weller

Freo Lose: Lachie Weller, 1st of 2016
Freo Gain: Cameron McCarthy

GWS Lose: Cameron McCarthy
GWS Gain: Pick 14, Freos 1st of 2016

Mat0369

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 20, 2015, 03:31:30 PM
I thought Carlton would want to keep their draft picks for the F/S prospects this season, or have most of them nominated for the National draft?

I was under the impression that there were 3-5 potential F/S draftees for the Blues this year

The three are Silvagni, Rice and Bradley. Bradley doesn't look to even get drafted, Rice has picked the Saints since he is eligible for both and Silvagni will cost us a 3rd round pick max.

Money Shot

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 20, 2015, 08:43:42 PM
Just saw this as well

QuoteSome rival clubs had suspected Hawthorn could make a last-minute play for Yarran with the pick No.15 it acquired from North Melbourne in the Jed Anderson trade, but it's understood Yarran won't be open to a late approach from another club.

So basically Carlton are saying we still want pick 12 because the Hawks can offer better then you can. I reckon if they come back with next years first rounder it would get the deal done.
If I was carlton I would be thinking:
Richmonds First Round next year.
Pick 12
Pick 15
keep yarran.

19 is probably overs but we may as well keep him. We want him and with a new coach we could get the best out of him.

Money Shot

Is Tomilson a chance or not to go to carlton? I see the articles saying 20 and 21 for Plowman, Sumner, Lamb and Phillips but the one I (and many Carlton supporters) really want is Tomilson would we have to give more for him?

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 20, 2015, 08:45:27 PM
And apparently if that trade does go through. Freo could try and include St Kilda into getting McCarthy to Freo.

that's tasty. hope this happens

Money Shot

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on October 20, 2015, 09:19:44 PM

that's tasty. hope this happens
Everyone wins there!

powersuperkents

Why would GWS agree to that, and wouldn't they just cut St Kilda out and take Weller for themselves in that situation.

It sounds more like you want this trade to happen because you're a Weller fan hahahahaha

AaronKirk

Quote from: Money Shot on October 20, 2015, 09:16:25 PM
Is Tomilson a chance or not to go to carlton? I see the articles saying 20 and 21 for Plowman, Sumner, Lamb and Phillips but the one I (and many Carlton supporters) really want is Tomilson would we have to give more for him?

I would be surprised if Tomlinson was not in a Carlton jumper next year.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 20, 2015, 09:23:09 PM

Why would GWS agree to that, and wouldn't they just cut St Kilda out and take Weller for themselves in that situation.

It sounds more like you want this trade to happen because you're a Weller fan hahahahaha

Because I don't think Weller would agree to go to NSW? Like who would? It's a showerhole. And Pick 14 and Freo First of 2016, is better than 22 and First of Freos.

Mat0369

Tomlinson was never really up for trade, it seems like just one of those ridiculous trade week rumors.

Toga

Quote from: AaronKirk on October 20, 2015, 08:15:09 PM
Apparently Carlton have rejected pick 19 for Chris Yarran. What the flower do they think he is worth. He is probably worth that, none more on his form from last year where he just looked as if he didn't want to be there.

This. Yes he has talent, yes he's more proven than a pick, but just look at what players have been traded for once they decide they want to move clubs. Pick 12 is by far overs, and I think even though Pick 19 is probably around his true worth that's still Carlton getting a good deal given the circumstances.

Money Shot

calling it now

Menzel for Kerridge and 28

20/21/28 for Tomilson, Plowman, Phillips, Lamb, Sumner and 48

48 for Silvangi :-*

I think that's fair ... or am I just a biased Carlton fan?