Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Grazz on October 16, 2015, 06:14:15 PM
Quote from: Jukes on October 16, 2015, 05:58:33 PM
Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 16, 2015, 05:51:30 PM
Quote from: Jukes on October 16, 2015, 05:42:11 PM
If you're not willing to pay what he's worth you can get flowered saints, good luck never winning another premiership.

Hopefully can get this sorted with the hawks soon

Classic Dons. Well apparently Jake and his manager were happy with the deal. Hence why St Kilda sent it. Clearly spastic Dumdoro is just being a stubborn cow.

I believe that a list manager's job is to IMPROVE the list, not take bullshower lowball offers for players when another team has tabled a good offer.

Quote from: Grazz on October 16, 2015, 05:56:18 PM
If you're not willing to pay what he's worth you can get flowered saints, good luck never winning another premiership.

Pick 5 is overs for him but if they want him then hand it over.

Already developed key backman who can go forward, was borderline-AA when playing down back, only 24...I'd give up pick 4 for that for sure.

Think you're over rating him a little there.
Saint will be paying overs for him with Pick 5 and Hawthorn will be to with two first rounders but the difference with the Hawks is they don't mess about if they want a player they are prepared to pay overs to just get it done.

Id be fine with 5 for Carlisle and 25 or whatever that melks pick was. If it was a sure thing that Sydney would do 24 and 25 for 14. Because for the Academy points system they'd gain an extra 500 points and Saints would get a top 15 pick and Carlilse. Then we get Freeman for next years 2nd.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Ricochet on October 16, 2015, 06:16:25 PM
Saints Offer

Carlisle + N23 + n25
for
N55

5 not 55 haha. Take out the 23 or 25 and its a good offer.

Ricochet

Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 16, 2015, 06:20:24 PM
Saints Offer

Carlisle + N23 + n25
for
N55

hahaha my bad.

and agree. Saints should just take one our and seal it

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Ricochet on October 16, 2015, 06:21:00 PM
Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 16, 2015, 06:20:24 PM
Saints Offer

Carlisle + N23 + n25
for
N55

hahaha my bad.

and agree. Saints should just take one our and seal it

flower it would of been the smuggest shower ever if it was N55 haha.

Grazz

Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 16, 2015, 06:18:36 PM
Quote from: Grazz on October 16, 2015, 06:14:15 PM
Quote from: Jukes on October 16, 2015, 05:58:33 PM
Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 16, 2015, 05:51:30 PM

Classic Dons. Well apparently Jake and his manager were happy with the deal. Hence why St Kilda sent it. Clearly spastic Dumdoro is just being a stubborn cow.

I believe that a list manager's job is to IMPROVE the list, not take bullshower lowball offers for players when another team has tabled a good offer.

Quote from: Grazz on October 16, 2015, 05:56:18 PM

Pick 5 is overs for him but if they want him then hand it over.

Already developed key backman who can go forward, was borderline-AA when playing down back, only 24...I'd give up pick 4 for that for sure.

Think you're over rating him a little there.
Saint will be paying overs for him with Pick 5 and Hawthorn will be to with two first rounders but the difference with the Hawks is they don't mess about if they want a player they are prepared to pay overs to just get it done.

Id be fine with 5 for Carlisle and 25 or whatever that melks pick was. If it was a sure thing that Sydney would do 24 and 25 for 14. Because for the Academy points system they'd gain an extra 500 points and Saints would get a top 15 pick and Carlilse. Then we get Freeman for next years 2nd.

From all your supporters ive heard from on trade radio etc they would be fine with it to mate, it seems the Saints themselves aren't, like i said pick 5 is overs for him but if he's that important to you in the grand scheme of things pay it and move on. Plenty of clubs pay overs for players to ensure they get what they need/want. When/if you're playing finals in 2018 and beyond whose gunna give a flower about giving up pick 5 for good defender in 2015.

elephants

Quote from: iZander on October 16, 2015, 04:36:04 PM
Quote from: elephants on October 16, 2015, 04:27:37 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 16, 2015, 04:18:41 PM
Quote from: iZander on October 16, 2015, 04:17:34 PM
Mcgovern has said his best position is in the ruck. I think i saw that somewhere :P So could back up should injuries occur

Yep, he has told Simmo that numerous times

Who cares where he thinks his best position is. If it really was his best position, the coaching staff would have played him there.

Fact is, the coaching staff/recruiting managers are a lot less convinced about his rucking ability than he is.
No.
I think it comes down to where he is most beneficial to the team, and with injuries to eagles defenders and one of the best rucks in the comp. in nic nat its an easy choice to play him down back. That does not mean he isnt better in the ruck than the defence at all, and it doesnt mean the eagles think hes better in the back than the ruck.

If you played every player where they thought their best position was you'd have 40 midfielders on every list.

enzedder

As good as Carlisle might be as a Saints supporter I would rather miss out on him and let the Bombers suck eggs. I remember getting Lovett for pick#16 ... Nice trading that was... 0 games and plenty of bad press. Take or leave it as far as I'm concerned... Hope you get nothing Essendon.

_wato

What do we think of

Adelaide N28 > Collingwood for Seedsman
Collingwood N28 > North
Collingwood N26 > Brisbane
North Bastinac > Brisbane 
Brisbane Aish > Collingwood

Fair for everyone is that not???

meow meow

Quote from: Ringo on October 16, 2015, 06:00:29 PM
For those that have not yet seen the points value for picks here it is:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/afl-draft-how-fatherson-and-academy-draft-picks-will-work-in-2015-full-draft-value-index/story-e6frf3e3-1227567743520

This is why Brisbane would be chasing picks and why Grazz point that 2 first round picks are better than 5th pick.  So say picks 13 and 18 are worth 2197 points compared to pick 5 1878.  So just accept it and then maybe trade the picks to clubs chasing points.

Trade night will be interesting as say Keays is rated pick 12 and Hipwood 16 as per some phantom drafts brisbane will have to give up some 2335 points. So you can see why Brisbane will be chasing draft picks.

You wouldn't have to give up 2335 points. You get a 20% discount, plus you can make points up next year if need be.

Ringo

Would depend in what Pies want in relation to picks, Rem,ember they still have to sort Treloar and Howe has nominated Pies as well.

AaronKirk

So what is going to happen is picks 15 + 18 from Hawthorn go to Essendon for Carlisle.

Then Essendon on trade picks 15 + 18 for GWS pick 8

GWS then pay a cheaper price using picks 15 + 18 for their academy players (they will have pick 7 when the Treloar deal is sorted)

Watch this space.

_wato

Quote from: Ringo on October 16, 2015, 07:46:42 PM
Would depend in what Pies want in relation to picks, Rem,ember they still have to sort Treloar and Howe has nominated Pies as well.

The way I see it for Collingwood is

In - Treloar, Aish, Howe, Pick 25, 4th round

Out - Pick 7, Pick 26, First round next year, Kennedy, Seedsman, Freeman, 3rd round

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: AaronKirk on October 16, 2015, 07:59:58 PM
So what is going to happen is picks 15 + 18 from Hawthorn go to Essendon for Carlisle.

Then Essendon on trade picks 15 + 18 for GWS pick 8

GWS then pay a cheaper price using picks 15 + 18 for their academy players (they will have pick 7 when the Treloar deal is sorted)

Watch this space.

apparently Carlisle's camp are not interested in dealing with Hawthorn. looks something like 5 > Carlisle + 25, then hopefully we can do the deal you're talking about by adding our other second rounder and get Carlisle and pick 8

not sure we'd be able to pull that off but would be happy days if we did

kilbluff1985

Saints offer was Carlisle + 23 + 25 for 5

no wonder we rejected it

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on October 16, 2015, 08:26:30 PM
Saints offer was Carlisle + 23 + 25 for 5

no wonder we rejected it

like Essendon asking for Billings, we started big and will probably end up taking one of 23 or 25