Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

Calling Melksham a spud is exaggerating he can play is just very inconsistent

Mat0369

AaronKirk

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 16, 2015, 01:36:33 AM
No, he's a spud.

Sorry KB he is a spud.

We were extremely lucky to get pick 25 for him.

Big Mac

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 16, 2015, 01:00:37 AM
Quote from: Big  Mac on October 15, 2015, 05:04:01 PM
Not sure if you guys mentioned it but the Melksham trade is official

Poor Melbourne.

This trade also gives us a bit of vindication with our asking price of Yaz. There is no way that spud is a better player then Yaz. Looking at it, he isn't better than Bell either and there will only be a couple spots difference on the pick if it goes through for a 2nd rounder.

It really does feel like we're getting a showerty deal, and if the rumoured salary is true then that just makes the deal more ridiculous

You kind of have to back in the footy department though after their success in the past couple seasons. They know what they're doing, even if I can't really see it in this case

AaronKirk

Quote from: Big  Mac on October 16, 2015, 01:50:35 AM
Quote from: Mat0369 on October 16, 2015, 01:00:37 AM
Quote from: Big  Mac on October 15, 2015, 05:04:01 PM
Not sure if you guys mentioned it but the Melksham trade is official

Poor Melbourne.

This trade also gives us a bit of vindication with our asking price of Yaz. There is no way that spud is a better player then Yaz. Looking at it, he isn't better than Bell either and there will only be a couple spots difference on the pick if it goes through for a 2nd rounder.

It really does feel like we're getting a showerty deal, and if the rumoured salary is true then that just makes the deal more ridiculous

You kind of have to back in the footy department though after their success in the past couple seasons. They know what they're doing, even if I can't really see it in this case

Apparently Melksham and Goodwin have a good relationship from Goodwin's time at the dons.

Hopefully Goodwin can get the best out of him but you paid massive overs for him. A 4 year deal? why?

RaisyDaisy

Was anybody else even interested in Melkshem?

Feel like Dees could have got him so much cheaper

nrich102

Wasn't Dodoro asking for a first round pick at one stage? Lol

Money Shot

Quote from: nrich102 on October 16, 2015, 09:08:52 AM
Knowing Dodoro he was probably asking for first round pick and Hogan :P

Purple 77

Quote from: nrich102 on October 16, 2015, 09:08:52 AM

Pick 6 + Howe was the first offer I heard  ::) probably wasn't true.

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 16, 2015, 12:17:07 AM
@Demons supporters

I don't think Toumpas will make his way to Port. I've looked into it and;

1) Toumpas has not requested a trade home to Adelaide (they are merely rumours); &
2) I think with all the effort going into the Dixon trade there will be nothing left for Melbourne to think a Toumpas trade is worthwhile and the Dixon trade will leave little time for it to get done (Chris Davies, head of recruiting at Port, has stated the club has not even contacted the Demons or Toumpas regarding the trade so it seems to just be rumours - he also said they are not focusing on anyone until Dixon is locked in).

I think at the most it will be like a Ryder over Gorringe arrangement, but I doubt it will get to that stage because the rumours are completely unwarranted as Toumpas has not even requested a trade...

Would have liked to see him return to Adelaide, but the two elements of a trade in these circumstances are missing (i.e. a request by the player - Toumpas seems happy at the Dees - and communication between the two clubs)

I think he will be a Demon next year

I heard that he did want to stay at Melbourne... and Goodwin wanted to persist, but Roos & McCartney put the line through him.

But this is unsettling news. I already had him in Port colours in my head  :-\

Ringo

Quote from: Grazz on October 15, 2015, 10:50:02 PM
It's the system that is broken, clubs and players are just looking after themselves the best they know how within the system.
Agree with this 100%. Clubs are playing within the rules it is just some are doing it better than others.  The system needs to be looked at. Free agency may as well be abolished when 20 year olds can request a trade and nominate a club of choice. With all States now having 2 or more teams maybe the change needs to be that the player nominates the city and the club negotiates a trade with teams based in those cities. Players association will not like it though.

Rusty00

Quote from: Ringo on October 16, 2015, 10:35:10 AM
It's the system that is broken, clubs and players are just looking after themselves the best they know how within the system.
Agree with this 100%. Clubs are playing within the rules it is just some are doing it better than others.  The system needs to be looked at. Free agency may as well be abolished when 20 year olds can request a trade and nominate a club of choice. With all States now having 2 or more teams maybe the change needs to be that the player nominates the city and the club negotiates a trade with teams based in those cities. Players association will not like it though.
And there in lies the issue.

Pkbaldy

Any news where Michael Talia could go?

If the Carlisle trade goes to shower, could it be a chance Saints could get him for their 2nd or 3rd rounder?

elephants

WCE interested in Jon Giles.

I love this, should be cheap and the bloke can play when given the chance! Great Sinkers replacement.

iZander

Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 16, 2015, 10:44:43 AM
Any news where Michael Talia could go?

If the Carlisle trade goes to shower, could it be a chance Saints could get him for their 2nd or 3rd rounder?
No, not a chance

plumdog millionaire

Quote from: Ringo on October 16, 2015, 10:35:10 AM
I might be missing something but why don't they make it like US sports and make it that once a player gets drafted they're locked in for a minimum 2 year deal, and like in the NBA, the team has the option to extend it two years after it's done? For the top 1-2 rounds of the draft at least