Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Quote from: TomK on October 13, 2015, 12:54:34 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on October 13, 2015, 12:37:58 PM
Nick Bowen ‏@AFL_Nick
Carlton making a serious play for out-of-contract Crow Sam Kerridge. Likely to be a 3yr deal on the table. #TradePeriod
He'll probably take that. Won't get much in return for him though I wouldn't think.
Yeah I agree.

Southstorm

Adelaide might end up with 5, 24, Curtly Hampton and 38 if they play their cards right. Would be a huge win for them even in a shallow draft, surely.

TomK

I'd rather 9 and 13 personally but yes, all things considered, not bad at all.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: TomK on October 13, 2015, 01:49:16 PM
I'd rather 9 and 13 personally but yes, all things considered, not bad at all.

5 and 24 to Adelaide will only happen if they're 100% certain on Francis making it to pick 5. Which at this time they'd be pretty wary, looks to heading to GC with Pick 3...

Apparently Collingwood have some interest in Blake Acres (Contracted Until 2018) and Ahmed Saad (Not Contracted).

elephants

If Blacres is going anywhere its back home!

Southstorm

GC might take Collins or Curnow instead to replace some height that they've lost with Dixon and are missing down back.

Bill Manspeaker

_wato

This whole 'Collingwood aren't the only club after Treloar' bullshower that GWS are chiming about is annoying the hell out of me honestly, why can't they just get the deal done? Pick 7 plus an early second round draft pick next year for Treloar is certainly enough, and given that Danger was worth pick 9 and 28 (other picks exchanged equals out), I don't know why they're sooking?

Yes Treloar isn't a free agent and Danger is but who cares, he wants out and the Giants are being a real pain about all of this. Get it done.

Oh, and don't even get me started on Brisbane. Oh my god

Donnie Brasco

Quote from: shaker on October 13, 2015, 12:49:27 PM
Quote from: Donnie Brasco on October 13, 2015, 10:40:21 AM
"Richmond will secure Giants midfielder Jacob Townsend in a trade this week," Michael Gleeson, The Age

Not to much to get excited about in that announcement

yeah, so much for the "war chest"

elephants

Quote from: _wato on October 13, 2015, 03:03:39 PM
This whole 'Collingwood aren't the only club after Treloar' bullshower that GWS are chiming about is annoying the hell out of me honestly, why can't they just get the deal done? Pick 7 plus an early second round draft pick next year for Treloar is certainly enough, and given that Danger was worth pick 9 and 28 (other picks exchanged equals out), I don't know why they're sooking?

Yes Treloar isn't a free agent and Danger is but who cares, he wants out and the Giants are being a real pain about all of this. Get it done.

Oh, and don't even get me started on Brisbane. Oh my god

I don't see anything wrong with what they're doing at all? They're losing one of their best players and they're just ensuring they get the best deal possible for him?

I know you said 'who cares' that Danger is an FA and Treloar is contracted but it does make a pretty significant difference to the two scenarios...

quinny88

Can't help but have a giggle during trade week. Everyone club thinks their players are worth more than they should be yet they think everyone else's are worth less than they should be  ::)

Southstorm

Right.

Essendon give 4 and 23 to Adelaide for 9 and 13. If Gold Coast takes Collins, Francis will fall to the Crows at 4.

Essendon takes 9, packages it with Carlisle, and gives to St. Kilda for 5.

Essendon finishes with 5 and 13, might possibly keep Parish in the draft.

Crows take pick Francis with pick 4. Can use 23 in a trade for Hampton maybe?

Saints get 9 and Carlisle?

Mint deal yeah?

elephants

Quote from: quinny88 on October 13, 2015, 03:17:26 PM
Can't help but have a giggle during trade week. Everyone club thinks their players are worth more than they should be yet they think everyone else's are worth less than they should be  ::)

What showers me is key position players get paid mental overs every single year :p sure they're important but Christ.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Southstorm on October 13, 2015, 03:19:14 PM
Right.

Essendon give 4 and 23 to Adelaide for 9 and 13. If Gold Coast takes Collins, Francis will fall to the Crows at 4.

Mint deal yeah?

I'd be fine with that. But I think that's out of Dodoro's thinking capability...

Southstorm

Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 13, 2015, 03:23:33 PM
Quote from: Southstorm on October 13, 2015, 03:19:14 PM
Right.

Mint deal yeah?

I'd be fine with that. But I think that's out of Dodoro's thinking capability...
That's what he's doing right now. There was an age article about how he was shopping our picks in the same way the saints were shopping theirs, presumably he's not happy with the Saint's progress with Adelaide or doesn't want to be stuffed around.