Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrich102

Quote from: Money Shot on October 13, 2015, 09:29:38 AM
Quote from: Purple 77 on October 13, 2015, 09:20:00 AM
Quote from: nrich102 on October 13, 2015, 09:04:02 AM
Could Toumpas be almost like Polec? Polec didn't show a lot at Brisbane, but look where he is now at port. I think that the same coulee happen with Toumpas.

I said the exact same thing, perhaps in my first ever rant about toumpas early last year...

But I'm actually ultra confident he is McCain's love child, ah McCain, you've done it again, and if he can't crack into melbourne's team... how the flower will he crack Port's team? Just won't happen. He's terrible.

I've already moved on to "Smells Ham" as my new whipping boy.
Polec couldn't get into Brisbanes side and they won't much better :P
In saying that toumpas is shower so I don't see that happening!
But Polec was just as shower when he was at Brisbane.

Purple 77

Quote from: nrich102 on October 13, 2015, 09:48:07 AM
Quote from: Money Shot on October 13, 2015, 09:29:38 AM
Quote from: Purple 77 on October 13, 2015, 09:20:00 AM
Quote from: nrich102 on October 13, 2015, 09:04:02 AM
Could Toumpas be almost like Polec? Polec didn't show a lot at Brisbane, but look where he is now at port. I think that the same coulee happen with Toumpas.

I said the exact same thing, perhaps in my first ever rant about toumpas early last year...

But I'm actually ultra confident he is McCain's love child, ah McCain, you've done it again, and if he can't crack into melbourne's team... how the flower will he crack Port's team? Just won't happen. He's terrible.

I've already moved on to "Smells Ham" as my new whipping boy.
Polec couldn't get into Brisbanes side and they won't much better :P
In saying that toumpas is shower so I don't see that happening!
But Polec was just as shower when he was at Brisbane.

Port Adelaide were also a different team back then.

nrich102

I don't get it. Why are West Coast so pissed that they get a second round pick in compensation for Selwood. No way Selwood is worth a first round pick, he's not even best 22.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: nrich102 on October 13, 2015, 10:18:02 AM
I don't get it. Why are West Coast so pissed that they get a second round pick in compensation for Selwood. No way Selwood is worth a first round pick, he's not even best 22.

Agreed. West Coast can't rate him too highly if they wouldnt play him in the granny. Probably only pissed off because they wanted to use the end of first rounder for Jetta.

Donnie Brasco

"Richmond will secure Giants midfielder Jacob Townsend in a trade this week," Michael Gleeson, The Age

Holz

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 13, 2015, 01:16:54 AM
@Bigmac

Cheers mate, that was insightful. So the Demons didn't make the wrong decision because if sounded as if he was the best player in the lead up to the draft (barring Daniher & Whitfield). He just has not performed at AFL level, I still think a lot of teams would be willing to that a punt on Jimmy T (even the Demons said they want to hold onto him). I think he good be a valuable pick-up for Port (esp. in the long-term) but as our list is he is fourth priority (1) Dixon 2) Wingard contract 3) Wines contract 4) Jimmy T) but still 2nd priority in the trade period. I really hope Port can get him and Dixon (Young or Moore may benefit by returning home as well).

they did make a wrong decision.

they needed a big bodied guy ready to play straight away. At the time everyone was telling them to pick Wines it was very very obvious.

thats not even taking into account Viney and Wines where friends.

even Stringer was clealry a better player just had injuries that year or he would have went 1-2.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 13, 2015, 10:23:38 AM

Agreed. West Coast can't rate him too highly if they wouldnt play him in the granny. Probably only pissed off because they wanted to use the end of first rounder for Jetta.

There's no doubt his value is rated higher internally. He was a vice captain after all and spent 8 years at the club and is only 25 years old so entering the prime of his career

I think a pick in the late 20's would have been right.

The argument that he wasn't best 22 isn't completely valid, because he had injuries to deal with this year which makes it harder. I dare say that a full preseason would have had him starting next year

RaisyDaisy

As for The Toump, he is simply just a spud

Reminds me of Sipposs (A guy I called wouldn't make it years ago). Shows talent as a youngster but just cannot cut it in the big leagues.

Holz

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 13, 2015, 10:45:31 AM
Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 13, 2015, 10:23:38 AM

There's no doubt his value is rated higher internally. He was a vice captain after all and spent 8 years at the club and is only 25 years old so entering the prime of his career

I think a pick in the late 20's would have been right.

The argument that he wasn't best 22 isn't completely valid, because he had injuries to deal with this year which makes it harder. I dare say that a full preseason would have had him starting next year

being subbed off in a grandfinal team is worth a late first round pick anyway.

Issue is the fact your pick is influence by your ladder postions its a joke. If eagles finished 5th last. then 6 would be way way too much and 25ish would be fine.

but Selwood is better then 37.

Ricochet

Freo interested in Casboult if McCarthy falls through

Money Shot

Quote from: Ricochet on October 13, 2015, 11:03:05 AM
First pick this and next year 8) :P

Ricochet

Quote from: Money Shot on October 13, 2015, 11:57:23 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on October 13, 2015, 11:03:05 AM
First pick this and next year 8) :P
You'll send them to us to take Levi off your hands?? OK if we have to :P

Nick Bowen ‏@AFL_Nick
Carlton making a serious play for out-of-contract Crow Sam Kerridge. Likely to be a 3yr deal on the table. #TradePeriod

Nige

Carlton, Collingwood and Geelong are genuinely after everyone.

shaker

Quote from: Donnie Brasco on October 13, 2015, 10:40:21 AM
"Richmond will secure Giants midfielder Jacob Townsend in a trade this week," Michael Gleeson, The Age

Not to much to get excited about in that announcement

TomK

Quote from: Ricochet on October 13, 2015, 12:37:58 PM
Nick Bowen ‏@AFL_Nick
Carlton making a serious play for out-of-contract Crow Sam Kerridge. Likely to be a 3yr deal on the table. #TradePeriod
He'll probably take that. Won't get much in return for him though I wouldn't think.