Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Emma Quayle@emmasq
Jack Redden is on his way to West Coast for the Eagles' first pick in the draft, No. 17. Pretty much done.

fanTCfool

Quote from: elephants on October 12, 2015, 06:14:52 PM
Emma Quayle@emmasq
Jack Redden is on his way to West Coast for the Eagles' first pick in the draft, No. 17. Pretty much done.

West Coast trade S. Selwood for Redden?

elephants

Quote from: fanTCfool on October 12, 2015, 06:16:36 PM
Quote from: elephants on October 12, 2015, 06:14:52 PM
Emma Quayle@emmasq

West Coast trade S. Selwood for Redden?

If we get the end of first round concession, which although is what the club expects, I'd deem unlikely unless the Cats are giving Selwood big $$.

Purple 77

LF

So we got pick 37 for Scooter

AFL ‏@AFL  9m9 minutes ago
The League also advised WC that based on his age & Geelong's contract offer the club will receive a round 2 compensation pick (curr pick 37)

powersuperkents

Quote from: LF on October 12, 2015, 06:43:46 PM

The League also advised WC that based on his age & Geelong's contract offer the club will receive a round 2 compensation pick (curr pick 37)
Won't it get pushed to pick 38 once the Lions receive Luey compo? (I'd say they would get a 2nd rounder for him)

LF

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 12, 2015, 06:58:10 PM
Quote from: LF on October 12, 2015, 06:43:46 PM

Won't it get pushed to pick 38 once the Lions receive Luey compo? (I'd say they would get a 2nd rounder for him)

My Chumps

You were supposed to come to Sydney Leuy :(

Fingers crossed we nab Sinclair now (or even better Lycett tbh).

powersuperkents

Quote from: My Chumps on October 12, 2015, 07:10:07 PM

Not sure why the Swans are not trading for Lycett. The Eagles would accept a Lycett for Jetta trade. They may even add a late draft pick to it. It works for both teams imo

The Eagles want the premiership and they are more likely to win it with Sinclair rather than a young Lycett

The Swans want a sustainable ruck, and a 26 year old is a short-term solution (as they will most likely fall from the top 4 next season, while still coming 5-7th, with Goodes & Jetta's departures and Richmond or North Melbourne's likely rises). They can become a power house team for the long-term with Lycett & Nankervis lined up so I don't know why they are so attached to Sinclair

I feel as if Swans fans hold the same perspective about this as well 

Additionally, I know some people are going to disagree with this, but I don't think Sinclair is sole ruck material. I think the reason he was so good this season is because Adam Simpson's decision to rotate him with Nic Nat (honestly seemed like Nic Nat was in the ruck around 25% of the time in the latter part of the season, and even then his influence at hitouts was significantly more substantial than that of Sinclairs. He's a fantastic R2, but I don't think he would be able to handle sole rucking duties)

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 12, 2015, 07:19:40 PM

Not sure why the Swans are not trading for Lycett. The Eagles would accept a Lycett for Jetta trade. They may even add a late draft pick to it. It works for both teams imo

The Eagles want the premiership and they are more likely to win it with Sinclair rather than a young Lycett

The Swans want a sustainable ruck, and a 26 year old is a short-term solution (as they will most likely fall from the top 4 next season, while still coming 5-7th, with Goodes & Jetta's departures and Richmond or North Melbourne's likely rises). They can become a power house team for the long-term with Lycett & Nankervis lined up so I don't know why they are so attached to Sinclair

But why should we give them either?

Jetta wants to leave 2nd round pick is enough. We don't need to be nice and just give away a good ruck. As Ele said, we've got the power and don't need to surrender to their requests for Jetta

powersuperkents

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 12, 2015, 07:21:18 PM

Jetta wants to leave 2nd round pick is enough. We don't need to be nice and just give away a good ruck. As Ele said, we've got the power and don't need to surrender to their requests for Jetta
Yeah I know, it was more directed to Sydney to try

I don't think the Swans have any leverage so I would agree that a 2nd rounder is the most likely outcome. Plus Simpson really rates his rucks and considers them required players (I don't know whether it's personal values or a West Coast tradition - the club always had an AFL leading ruck since I started watching - although, it was always Dean Cox & Gardiner for a while)

Ricochet

THere's only a few years between the two and they've played similar amount of games. Swans would be happy with either, and Eagles wouldn't want to lose either

T Dog

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 12, 2015, 07:21:18 PM

If you were really skeptical... perhaps all the list managers are all good friends?

LF

Patrick Keane ‏@AFL_PKeane  29m29 minutes ago
AFL has received formal trade paperwork:
Brisbane Lions exchange Jack Redden to West Coast for its rd1 pick (currently number 17).

Deal done Redden is officially an Eagle

Money Shot

Just a thought but do you reckon a straight swap with Josh Walker and Zac Smith could happen? Both needed at the clubs and probably worth the same?