Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

I wouldn't mind Hickey at Carlton if you guys are seriously looking at trading him. A three way deal like Bell to the Lions, Hickey to Carlton and the Lions 2nd round pick to the Saints. It would also drive up the price that the Dogs would be forced to use that 1st round pick on him.

From what I gather they are keen to let Roughy become their number 1 ruck but they need someone to replace him down back especially with Talia on the way out the door. That might be why they are after Hickey

powersuperkents

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on October 11, 2015, 01:29:43 PM
Quote from: enzedder on October 11, 2015, 10:50:00 AM
Quote from: meow meow on October 10, 2015, 07:51:23 PM
Saints must like the yank because they're shopping Hickey around and the Dogs are keen. Maybe something happening with Hrovat there.

Suckling to the Dogs (back to Bevo) is looking more likely by the day.
Haven't read anything about that but Longer overtook Hickey this year and Holmes showed plenty. Dogs need a ruck so makes some sense.
I'm not sure about trading Hickey. having a 2nd ruck with his ability will be very handy in the future. if he can continue to work on his forward game and be able to kick a goal or 2 a game while giving Billy a rest in the ruck, I think that's too good to trade away

if we can get big overs on the deal, like Dogs' pick 11, it would be hard to overlook. but can't see that happening
+1

The Saints should hold on to Hickey

Pkbaldy

Personally I'd love to keep Hickey... But if we managed to get Pick 11 out of the deal we could probably dish that straight too Essendon for Carlisle...

powersuperkents

Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 11, 2015, 02:37:15 PM
Personally I'd love to keep Hickey... But if we managed to get Pick 11 out of the deal we could probably dish that straight too Essendon for Carlisle...
You can never have enough talls though

and esp. versatile talls like Hickey & Carlisle who are rare and take time to develop. Getting a good-decent tall is rare, a lot show no potential to begin with and are drafted solely for their height (i.e. spud Warnock etc.) or that never reach their potential at the highest level. Carlisle has shown he can be a leading tall defender at the highest level and Hickey has been impressive when resting forward this season. The Saints have to keep Longer & Bruce but I don't see them getting pick #11 without giving up a tall (it's the one thing the Bulldogs lack - a talented, yet injury-prone, Roughead is the only tall I can name off the top of my head since Minson's career is basically over and Ayce Cordy fits into the second bracket as a player never reaching his potential).

I think the Saints should find another to get Carlisle, however they will need to give up something important (and Billings/the talls are their strongest commodities at this point in time - so it looks like Hickey may have to go if they don't want to give up pick 5 or Billings (I don't think any team would trade away this prodigy).

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 11, 2015, 01:10:17 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 11, 2015, 10:16:30 AM
Quote from: Mat0369 on October 10, 2015, 08:21:15 PM
Levi is 25, he is one of the best marks in the league and his biggest knock has been his goal kicking which he actually went at around a 65% conversion rate last season. For reference, JJK and Lecca went at about 60% last season while Gunston went at 62% and he is considered a pretty reliable kick. 

Levi went at 57% this year though. I like the big fella, and as you said he knows how to plunk them

I don't think Carlton can afford to lose him. Who are you going to rely on? Liam Jones? LOL

He kicked 24-12 this year, that's 66%. Since it didn't include out on the full I dropped it at least 1% since he didn't really spray many out on the full. 57% over his career wouldn't surprise me.

And you're right, we can't afford to move both of he and Hendo and would be stupid to do it. Maybe the idea is to get as much value as possible which means trade him this year and then try and fast track the development of Foster and SOS Jr.

Champion Data tweeted he's accuracy on goal was 57% this year, and that it's above afl average

Crazy how that can be above average.

Mat0369

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 11, 2015, 04:55:55 PM
Champion Data tweeted he's accuracy on goal was 57% this year, and that it's above afl average

He must have sprayed a fair few shots on the full then

They do say time and time again that goal kicking is the one aspect that hasn't improved and I think that number right there says it all.

Ricochet

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 11, 2015, 04:55:55 PM
Quote from: Mat0369 on October 11, 2015, 01:10:17 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 11, 2015, 10:16:30 AM
Quote from: Mat0369 on October 10, 2015, 08:21:15 PM
Levi is 25, he is one of the best marks in the league and his biggest knock has been his goal kicking which he actually went at around a 65% conversion rate last season. For reference, JJK and Lecca went at about 60% last season while Gunston went at 62% and he is considered a pretty reliable kick. 

Levi went at 57% this year though. I like the big fella, and as you said he knows how to plunk them

I don't think Carlton can afford to lose him. Who are you going to rely on? Liam Jones? LOL

He kicked 24-12 this year, that's 66%. Since it didn't include out on the full I dropped it at least 1% since he didn't really spray many out on the full. 57% over his career wouldn't surprise me.

And you're right, we can't afford to move both of he and Hendo and would be stupid to do it. Maybe the idea is to get as much value as possible which means trade him this year and then try and fast track the development of Foster and SOS Jr.

Well the Coleman medallist went at 60% (excluding out on the full)

RaisyDaisy

Exactly. 60% is still poor in reality

Amazing how professionals, the best who play still can't kick better

Money Shot

AFL just realised an article on who's going where and how they are going to get there!

Yarran and pick 20 for pick 12 and 34 stood out to me as a blues fan, I think that would be a fair swap and both teams would be happy!

kilbluff1985

was reading about Hickey and started thinking the same surprised nobody suggested it before you

Money Shot

Carlton has looked at: Tomilson, Plowman, Sumner, Lamb and Phillips from the giants and all would be handy on our list in my opinion and all have potential but what would we give to pick them up?

Bell to Brisbane for pick 21 then 21 and 38 for them?

Pkbaldy

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on October 11, 2015, 06:24:19 PM

was reading about Hickey and started thinking the same surprised nobody suggested it before you

The Hickey thing has circled before. On a FB thing haha. I'd still prefer to keep him though...

meow meow

Quote from: Money Shot on October 11, 2015, 06:35:15 PM
Carlton has looked at: Tomilson, Plowman, Sumner, Lamb and Phillips from the giants and all would be handy on our list in my opinion and all have potential but what would we give to pick them up?

Dreaming!

elephants

Quote from: meow meow on October 11, 2015, 06:53:04 PM

Dreaming!

Yeah thats brutal low ball haha. I'd say Tomlinson alone would be worth pick 21, let alone the other four for 38!

Money Shot

Quote from: elephants on October 11, 2015, 07:09:16 PM
Quote from: meow meow on October 11, 2015, 06:53:04 PM

Dreaming!

Yeah thats brutal low ball haha. I'd say Tomlinson alone would be worth pick 21, let alone the other four for 38!
Oh well :'(