Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torpedo10

Quote from: Ricochet on October 10, 2015, 03:25:26 PM
Quote from: meow meow on October 10, 2015, 03:20:31 PM
Bombers showing interest in Bennell. Unlikely to get him but will force Freo to pay a first rounder.
cows. Will screw up our McCarthy offer
Cows? What the hell Rico, why would anyone let the Minor Premiers get Bennell without paying a worthy price?

Ricochet

Quote from: Torpedo10 on October 10, 2015, 03:34:27 PM
Bombers showing interest in Bennell. Unlikely to get him but will force Freo to pay a first rounder.
Cows? Go to hell Rico, why would anyone let the Minor Premiers get Bennell without paying a worthy price?
hahaha chill man :) Of course he's worth that.

I'm allowed to hope that we get him for peanuts though :P

powersuperkents

I highly doubt the Dockers will land McCarthy

I also think that if McCarthy play one more season with the Giants, he will stay. He's too young to be making these choices with any maturity (why would he extend his contract? He must of have a lingering doubt that he wanted out at the time, if not, he's too mercurial to make any significant calls about his future - and I think the Giants know this).

If he really is serious about it, he will leave once the contract expires. Until then, I don't see GWS (a team with only Cameron, McCarthy, & an injured Jono Patton) trading yet another key forward for draft picks (the one thing they don't want - they can get enough picks for future academy players from Carlton and other clubs which are demanding less than a required player).

If Freo think McCarthy will be traded without having to give up a key player... they are delusional (give up Sheridan + a first rounder at least if the club is serious about it). Until Freo offer a required player, I don't think the Dockers should expect GWS to give up one of theirs (esp. a contracted one)   

kilbluff1985

does anyone think something like this could happen

2017+2018+2019 1st rounders

for

2015 + 2016 1st rounders

could tempt someone

Ricochet

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 10, 2015, 03:43:56 PM

I also think that if McCarthy play one more season with the Giants, he will stay. He's too young to be making these choices with any maturity (why would he extend his contract? He must of have a lingering doubt that he wanted out at the time, if not, he's too mercurial to make any significant calls about his future - and I think the Giants know this).
He extended his contract because he hadn't done anything yet. It was a smart move at the time.

Now he has spent time with his family and received a massive offer from Freo, and he's using family as part of his excuse to get there.

Freo will throw up our 2x first rounders for him. If at the end of the trade period, GWS need those picks/players, they will consider it. But they won't early on

Ricochet

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on October 10, 2015, 03:48:51 PM
does anyone think something like this could happen

2017+2018+2019 1st rounders

for

2015 + 2016 1st rounders

could tempt someone
Atm you can only trade one year into the future.

powersuperkents

Quote from: Ricochet on October 10, 2015, 03:50:38 PM

He extended his contract because he hadn't done anything yet. It was a smart move at the time.

Now he has spent time with his family and received a massive offer from Freo, and he's using family as part of his excuse to get there.

Freo will throw up our 2x first rounders for him. If at the end of the trade period, GWS need those picks/players, they will consider it. But they won't early on
+1 I agree with this

I just don't see the Giants accepting it imo (they will definitely consider it)

They have McCarthy for two more years - at the end of that, he won't be a free agent and therefore if he chooses to leave GWS will still be able to broker a significant trade.

It's all a question of future markets imo. If GWS think he will fall in over the next two years (and therefore lose value), they would trade him now.

However, I think 99% of people would back McCarthy to continue to improve over the next 2 years (and therefore, gain value and possibly start a bidding war between Freo & WCE - or McCarthy's preferred club at the time).

I think for GWS to accept the Dockers trade in 2015 will take someone like Lachie Neale or Sheridan and I don't see Freo being willing to comply (and GWS have nothing to lose so no team has any leverage over the other).

Torpedo10

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 10, 2015, 04:56:40 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on October 10, 2015, 03:50:38 PM

No chance for Neale, Freo would be crazy to get rid of Neale.
+1 I agree with this

I just don't see the Giants accepting it imo (they will definitely consider it)

They have McCarthy for two more years - at the end of that, he won't be a free agent and therefore if he chooses to leave GWS will still be able to broker a significant trade.

It's all a question of future markets imo. If GWS think he will fall in over the next two years (and therefore lose value), they would trade him now.

However, I think 99% of people would back McCarthy to continue to improve over the next 2 years (and therefore, gain value and possibly start a bidding war between Freo & WCE - or McCarthy's preferred club at the time).

I think for GWS to accept the Dockers trade in 2015 will take someone like Lachie Neale or Sheridan and I don't see Freo being willing to comply (and GWS have nothing to lose so no team has any leverage over the other).

Ringo

Rumours from the Sunshine State

Suns:
Dixon to Port for Pick 10
Bennell to Freo with Suns asking for Freos 1st pick of 16.  Essendondon also rumoured to be interested but deal likely with freo.
Suns first deal likely to be for Norths Daniel Currie
Suns also talking to Jeremy Howe and Paul Seedsman

Brisbane:
Will deal with Carlton for Tom Bell and Levi Casboult -Pick 21 and a later pick being the offers. Blues wanted Mayes as part of deal but this will be rejected.
Aish may still go to Pies if they come up with a decent offer. A lot will depend on what picks etc are on offer after Pies close Treloar deal
Leuenberger still to decide between Essendon and Swans.

Money Shot

Quote from: Ringo on October 10, 2015, 06:26:15 PM

Suns:
Bennell to Freo with Suns asking for Freos 1st pick of 16.  Essendondon also rumoured to be interested but deal likely with freo.

Brisbane:
Will deal with Carlton for Tom Bell and Levi Casboult -Pick 21 and a later pick being the offers. Blues wanted Mayes as part of deal but this will be rejected.
Aish may still go to Pies if they come up with a decent offer. A lot will depend on what picks etc are on offer after Pies close Treloar deal
I really hope we don't give up Casboult :(

kilbluff1985

Bell and Levi for 21 and a later pick seems crazy unders to me

LF

Well done to Jacob Ballard for winning Peel Thunders B&F pity Freo delisted him
Also a mention to Bootsma for finishing 2nd and Blakely was 3rd

powersuperkents

Quote from: Ringo on October 10, 2015, 06:26:15 PM

Suns:

Brisbane:
Love hearing it every time  ;D

& to think at this time last year I thought he was a hack

Without a doubt he will be 2016's Coleman Medalist  :P (hopefully he can stay fit & make a nice duo with Westhoff and an even better quartet with Schulz, Westy, & Ryder)

Mat0369

I am sorry but there is no way we are giving up Levi and Bell for pick 21 and a later pick.

Money Shot

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 10, 2015, 07:41:53 PM
I am sorry but there is no way we are giving up Levi and Bell for pick 21 and a later pick.
What do you reckon the chance of us giving up Casboult is?
Bell for 21 seems okay for both clubs under the circumstances.