Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Money Shot

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on October 09, 2015, 02:28:50 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on October 09, 2015, 02:23:18 PM
Quote from: shaker on October 09, 2015, 01:35:18 PM
Quote from: Money Shot on October 09, 2015, 01:26:40 PM
Quote from: shaker on October 09, 2015, 12:49:55 PM
As we have seen there are no sure things in the draft even No1 if they can get Treloar the Blues would be crazy to let him slip is what I'm thinking
Our current KPDs are Jamison (injury prone and getting old) and Rowe who is a spud in my opinion ... I would be picking Weightering over Treloar if I was them!

Weightering comes with big wraps and rightfully so but so did Watts Trengrove and Scully players like Treloar don't come around very often , think if you get a chance to grab someone like him you just do it and as meow said you might be able to have your cake and eat it to  ;)

Who is that guy?

No one by that name at Melbourne...

(sorry, bit of a pet peeve of mine...)

also not sure what a Weightering is :P (although that's probably an auto correct)
Ahahaha my bad :P

Mat0369

also not sure what a Weightering is :P (although that's probably an auto correct)

It's the same as a Jack Stevens or a Koby Steven

Purple 77

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 09, 2015, 02:34:27 PM

LOL! Was about to say the same thing haha

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Purple 77 on October 09, 2015, 02:38:55 PM
Quote from: Mat0369 on October 09, 2015, 02:34:27 PM

LOL! Was about to say the same thing haha

haha god dammit

I wonder if anyone has called him Koby Steven before

SydneyRox

Quote from: elephants on October 09, 2015, 01:25:39 PM
Praying we dont give our first rounder for Jetta. Please be a second #lowballfordays

I heard the boys on sportsfm here in WA hearing that Eagles were offering Sinclair and Pick 38 (something rnd there)

So your 1st round probably works better for you!

powersuperkents

Quote from: SydneyRox on October 09, 2015, 02:54:59 PM
Praying we dont give our first rounder for Jetta. Please be a second #lowballfordays

I heard the boys on sportsfm here in WA hearing that Eagles were offering Sinclair and Pick 38 (something rnd there)

+1

It's not like the Eagles first rounder is valuable (rather Sinclair over pick 17 in a shallow draft where most of the talent consists of academy kids).

elephants

Media garbage!

Anyone with half a brain can see Sinclair is an integral part of our 22. Literally no other player on our list can play his role, especially not Lycett.

Jetta is good, but he's not worth sacrificing an irreplaceable player for.

Our list management team has always been very astute, cant see anything like that occurring.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 09, 2015, 03:02:14 PM

+1

It's not like the Eagles first rounder is valuable (rather Sinclair over pick 17 in a shallow draft where most of the talent consists of academy kids).

2015 draft goes shallow at 30, not 17 mate.

Toga

Quote from: meow meow on October 09, 2015, 01:15:25 PM
Quote from: Nige on October 09, 2015, 12:36:54 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 09, 2015, 12:14:35 PM
20, 28 and next years first rounder is not enough IMO for Treloar

If I'm Carlton, I'm offering this years first pick you have in a heart beat

If Tyson fetched Melbourne's Pick 3, Treloar is easily worth that or better and GWS would demand that surely
They'lk get Weitering with Pick 1. I daresay they need him more than they need Treloar.

Carlton can have both! Their 2nd rounder (20) + a second rounder from the Yarran or Hendo deals, plus next year's first round pick to GWS for Treloar. They'll still keep pick 1 this year.

GWS will be able to use their own first and second rounders to get Hopper, and with the other 2nd rounders they'll be able to grab Kennedy.

Imagine that, nabbing Treloar, potentially Aish in the PSD, and Weitering. Would be a huge coup for the Blues.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Toga on October 09, 2015, 03:37:11 PM

If Tyson fetched Melbourne's Pick 3, Treloar is easily worth that or better and GWS would demand that surely
They'lk get Weitering with Pick 1. I daresay they need him more than they need Treloar.

Carlton can have both! Their 2nd rounder (20) + a second rounder from the Yarran or Hendo deals, plus next year's first round pick to GWS for Treloar. They'll still keep pick 1 this year.

GWS will be able to use their own first and second rounders to get Hopper, and with the other 2nd rounders they'll be able to grab Kennedy.

Imagine that, nabbing Treloar, potentially Aish in the PSD, and Weitering. Would be a huge coup for the Blues.

-Treloar
-Aish
-Weitering
-Plowman
-Lamb
-Sumner
-Rice
-Silvangni

Would be a decent trade/draft period for them if they managed all of those.

Money Shot

Treloars manager just said that he is very confident in Treloar getting to Collingwood.

Ringo

Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 09, 2015, 03:41:22 PM

-Treloar
-Aish
-Weitering
-Plowman
-Lamb
-Sumner
-Rice
-Silvangni

Interesting decision though for Blues if Aish nominates for national Draft will they take him at pick 1. (They have the right to nominate either I believe),

powersuperkents

Quote from: elephants on October 09, 2015, 03:06:50 PM

I thought the Swans would prefer Lycett imo. 3 years younger and could rotate with Nankervis. Also, if they managed to snare Luey, Lycett could be a temporary second ruck (if they got Sinclair, they would intend to play him full-time as he would be close to finishing his career by the time Luey retired).

or are the Swans going for yet another premiership tilt?
Media garbage!

Anyone with half a brain can see Sinclair is an integral part of our 22. Literally no other player on our list can play his role, especially not Lycett.

Our list management team has always been very astute, cant see anything like that occurring.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Ringo on October 09, 2015, 03:54:36 PM
Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 09, 2015, 03:41:22 PM

-Treloar
-Aish
-Weitering
-Plowman
-Lamb
-Sumner
-Rice
-Silvangni

Interesting decision though for Blues if Aish nominates for national Draft will they take him at pick 1. (They have the right to nominate either I believe),

0 Chance he'd go in the top 10 if he went to the ND. Not many clubs would be willing to take the punt on him fearing that he'd leave in 2 years.

elephants

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 09, 2015, 03:55:02 PM
Quote from: elephants on October 09, 2015, 03:06:50 PM

Media garbage!

I thought the Swans would prefer Lycett imo. 3 years younger and could rotate with Nankervis. Also, if they managed to snare Luey, Lycett could be a temporary second ruck (if they got Sinclair, they would intend to play him full-time as he would be close to finishing his career by the time Luey retired).

or are the Swans going for yet another premiership tilt?

Butchered that quote there mate but I fixed it for ya ;)

I agree, Lycett would be a better fit somewhere there's a legit chance he will be a future #1 ruck. He'll never get a look in unless NicNat suffers an LTI (touch wood) and Sydney need a #1 ruck.

In terms of Lycett playing as a second ruck... It ain't gonna work :p