Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cambo

I dont see why people feel sorry for Brisbane  :o.  They are a dysfunctional joke on and off the field, no wonder guys want to leave every year. 
Now they want to throw a tanty because Aish wants out.  They knew weeks ago when he wouldnt re-sign but hoped he would.

Collingwood were fair with Beams last year, now its Brisbane's turn with Aish  8)

iZander

Quote from: Cambo on October 08, 2015, 09:27:12 PM
I dont see why people feel sorry for Brisbane  :o.  They are a dysfunctional joke on and off the field, no wonder guys want to leave every year. 
Now they want to throw a tanty because Aish wants out.  They knew weeks ago when he wouldnt re-sign but hoped he would.

Collingwood were fair with Beams last year, now its Brisbane's turn with Aish  8)
Its not just Aish, if you look at who they have lost over the last few years and who else they will be losing this year its pretty bad.

meow meow

Freeman is leaving the Pies under the same circumstances, it's got nothing to do with being in QLD or not. They're not losing him because of go home factor if he's going to Victoria.

Plus who have they lost? Got Taylor for Yeo so that's not so bad. Docherty was given away cheaply so that's one that hurts a little. Then there's who? A soft outsider like Polec? Karnezis? Oh no!

Getting DAYNE BEAMS, Christensen, Robbo and now Bell means they're well and truly winning in the trading department.

If they could get Seedsman and whatever pick Collingwood get for Freeman but choose to let him walk for nothing they deserve to fold. Maybe Aish is leaving because they're a shower club that whinges all the time instead of getting on with business.

Money Shot

Quote from: meow meow on October 08, 2015, 09:47:28 PM
Freeman is leaving the Pies under the same circumstances, it's got nothing to do with being in QLD or not. They're not losing him because of go home factor if he's going to Victoria.

Plus who have they lost? Got Taylor for Yeo so that's not so bad. Docherty was given away cheaply so that's one that hurts a little. Then there's who? A soft outsider like Polec? Karnezis? Oh no!

Getting DAYNE BEAMS, Christensen, Robbo and now Bell means they're well and truly winning in the trading department.

If they could get Seedsman and whatever pick Collingwood get for Freeman but choose to let him walk for nothing they deserve to fold. Maybe Aish is leaving because they're a shower club that whinges all the time instead of getting on with business.
I was just thinking that! Why would you let someone go in the draft for no return when you could get a decent player or pick for him!?
Oh well ...

Ricochet

Great minds meow...

Football Factory

GOLD Coast is "optimistic" of bringing Paul Seedsman and Jeremy Howe to the club in the upcoming NAB Trade Period, football operations manager Marcus Ashcroft says.

He also confirmed that Daniel Gorringe would likely move on from the Suns after playing just two matches this season.

Ashcroft said the club would try and facilitate a move back to South Australia after Gorringe failed to get to Port Adelaide last year.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-08/suns-optimistic-on-landing-seedsman-and-howe

Mat0369

In regards to Lennon, he is not a tall forward, he is a medium sized guy. I am not opposed to the trade because we still need those sort of players in the side. He hasn't got the size of a Jack Gunston and would probably replace Bell if we lose him. I am not totally opposed to the move but I wouldn't want to be giving up a pick considering Yaz is the best player in the trade. We effectively get the first rounder we were after but it is in the form of a player instead of a pick.

I am more interested in the Hawks deal. I reckon that the Hawks would be the best place for Yaz to go for his footy. Their first round pick would be a done deal but it would be interesting to see if Bolton is interested in bringing a few of those Hawks fringe guys to Carlton. We have guys like Anderson, Litherland and maybe even Schoenmakers that might be looking for a more consistent senior opportunity. Someone like Schoenmakers would be less likely to go considering he just played in a premiership but he is still in that fringe range. Maybe a combo of picks and players from either side would get the deal done but it would be interesting to see what Hawthorn would part with.

Quote from: Money Shot on October 08, 2015, 09:06:46 PM
If Aish requested collingwood is there any point in us picking him up in the pre season draft? (Us being Carlton)

Also, if Brisbane doesn't trade and let's him go to the preseason draft do they get anything in return?

It's the Nick Stevens situation. Basically Port and Pies couldn't get a deal done, he wanted out of Port so figured he would play for us. Same deal with Aish, if he wants out of Brisbane he will come to us quite happily

Quote from: Money Shot on October 08, 2015, 01:30:00 PM
Casboult and Bell for Aish and pick 21 was talked about on trade radio this morning ...

As a Carlton fan I would not like that unless we get both of Lennon and Walker (Gee) in as we need the tall forwards ...
Lennon would be a good 10 year player for us ... Not so keen on walker but I guess he is young and has some potential...

Also found this interesting with the rumors of Levi being potential trade bait

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 11, 2015, 10:06:24 PM
Simmo is worth nothing due to his age, Walker has a dodgy knee and a history of shoulder issues and will be 30 next year, you would be lucky to get 2nd round picks for both. Mick won't be there so he has no say on Daisy, you will probably have to pay a large chunk of his contract like the Dogs are with Griff, I already said he is the guy I would look at moving to somewhere like GWS in hopes of getting one of Shiel/Treloar with a couple of other pieces. Jamo is one I would also look at moving but like Simmo and Walker he is in the wrong bracket in terms of age.

The guys we have to deal away have to be in the Kreuz, Murph, Gibbs, Hendo, Levi, Yaz and Warnock. 6 of those hold value but you can probably only afford to trade two or three at the most. You can blow up your core but you need to keep a couple for leadership purposes. Right now Kreuz, Levi, Warnock and maybe Hendo are the ones I would look at moving. You can probably get a late 2nd early 3rd for Warnock (a pick after 30) considering what we got for Hammer. Levi should net us Aish if we are after him considering he is the type of player the Lions are after. Maybe we swap 2nd and 3rd round picks as well (we give the 2nd they give a 3rd). I thought Kreuz, Thomas and maybe another older player (Walker/Jamo) to the Giants for Treloar/Shiel and a swap of firsts and the Giants 2nd. Hendo would get you a first so you can still keep a few of those key players to help bring through the younger kids. Maybe you can offload one of those 2nd round picks to get a Gorringe or Nicholls from the Suns

Effectively that would be out

Kreuz
Warnock
Levi
Hendo
Thomas
Walker/Jamo
1st round pick
2nd round pick
2nd round pick

In

Treloar/Shiel
Nicholls/Gorringe
2 first rounders
1 2nd rounder
1 3rd rounder

Based on contract you can't dump Gibbs this year since we just gave him a team friendly deal last year, maybe next year you look at it and see if he can net you a player and a pick

Quote from: Spite on May 12, 2015, 01:14:07 AM
Hey Mat, explain to me why you would want to get rid of Levi? Just good value atm?

I would think he is someone you build your core of players off no? But if he had to be involved in a deal for Aish...then you've got to get Aish.

I just can't see you guys getting rid of Murphy, even if I think that it will benefit your club...

I know you said you can't dump Gibbs... but he is the one that needs to go and you could get a seriously good young player like Treloar for him.

Which players are untouchable do you think? Bell, Buckley, Cripps and Menzel? All the rest are fair game?

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 12, 2015, 01:45:29 AM
Levi is already 25 and is only 3 months younger then Hendo. If you are considering trading Hendo you have to consider trading Levi. I love him, I think if he could ever fix that kicking he could be one of the most dominant forwards in the league, but when you look at a guy like Cloke who is a few years older and still struggling with the same issues you would look at Levi as a trade chip. I think Mick is a moron for dropping him, he needs to play games and he has been a crap load better then Jones all year, yet Jones still plays.

Aish is also the type of player we need, he is that outside ball user we can sit on the wing and if all it takes is Levi to get him pull the trigger. I wouldn't trade both Levi and Hendo in the one season now that I think about it because that will leave us with 0 key forwards on the list, but whichever of the two yields the best return I would do it.

Untouchables are the guys you listed, throw in Jaksch and Docherty. Unfortunately that core isn't deep enough which is why you need to add guys like potentially Aish, Treloar/Shiel, a young ruck and some good young KPP's. The Irish boys in Byrne and Sheehan have also looked good, you have a few other mids but you are lacking in key stocks and small forwards.

And no Walker is not a replacement, dude can stay in Geelong. The fact that Hendo is gone makes me not want to do the deal. We need Levi since we have no other key forwards.

powersuperkents

@Meow Meow & Rico - they are actually fair points. I think we have focused too much on the fact that they were traded 2nd round picks, or later picks, and not enough on the players they recruited with them (they have actually done really well in the draft).

My only complaint... is your disparaging comment on a future Brownlow medalist  :P (It's early days, and I'm pretty bias when it comes to Port, but in all seriousness, Polec is a class above champs when fit)

Money Shot

Everett Walker (Gee) Lennon
Aish     Casboult        Menzel

Looks like a good forward line to me ;)

Big Mac

Quote from: Money Shot on October 08, 2015, 10:57:23 PM
Everett Walker (Gee) Lennon
Aish     Casboult        Menzel

Looks like a good forward line to me ;)

2/10 no liam jones

Toga

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 08, 2015, 10:47:07 PM
In regards to Lennon, he is not a tall forward, he is a medium sized guy. I am not opposed to the trade because we still need those sort of players in the side. He hasn't got the size of a Jack Gunston and would probably replace Bell if we lose him.

He's actually a very similar size to Gunston: 190cm/79kg vs 193cm/81kg

I'm hopeful Richmond retain him, cllub has already said that he won't be included as a part of the Yarran deal.

Ringo

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 08, 2015, 08:04:52 PM
Quote from: Jukes on October 08, 2015, 08:01:14 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 08, 2015, 07:48:05 PM
I feel sorry for Brisbane. This wanting to go home rubbish is such an easy cop out to leave. Teams invest years into kids when they arrive, and then they just leave. It's just not right and something needs to change

I agree, players are such little doges now

Shocked that Jukes actually agrees with something here :P

These kids get drafted and it's the best day of their lives, then a couple of years in the system and they just think they don't owe the club anything and pack up and leave. Hopefully a change or rules around this are introduced eventually
Agree 100% RD - Starting to wonder why we need free agency when young kids who have been in the system for only 2/3 years can request trades to nominated clubs. Note it is not only happening with Brisbane but a number of clubs. Time for some reasonable guidelines to be put in place for the amount of development clubs put into players.

If Brisbane still had Academy picks we would get rid of the go home factor.

An interesting fact if Aish goes to Carlton they will have more 1st Round Lions draft picks than Lions themselves. 

Mat0369

Quote from: Big  Mac on October 08, 2015, 11:19:00 PM
2/10 no liam jones

Spud Walker replaces Spud Jones in that lineup.

Quote from: Toga on October 08, 2015, 11:28:25 PM

He's actually a very similar size to Gunston: 190cm/79kg vs 193cm/81kg

I'm hopeful Richmond retain him, cllub has already said that he won't be included as a part of the Yarran deal.

Gunston is a little taller but he is the prototype for the second/third tall at the moment due to his versatility. I actually looked up the heights before posting and saw Lennon had a growth spurt, still 3 cm might not seem like a lot but while Gunston is quite lean he is the bigger unit.

In comparison Lennon is the same size as Cripps/Fyfe. I would say Gunston also has a larger wingspan which helps him overhead and allows him to play out of full forward and on the key defenders. Lennon wouldn't be able to do that and is more that midfield/half forward size similar to what we had Bell play all year.

Mat0369

Quote from: Ringo on October 08, 2015, 11:42:44 PM
An interesting fact if Aish goes to Carlton they will have more 1st Round Lions draft picks than Lions themselves.

2?

Money Shot

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 08, 2015, 11:54:30 PM
Quote from: Ringo on October 08, 2015, 11:42:44 PM

2?
Was cam wood first round? ::)