Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SydneyRox

Quote from: elephants on October 07, 2015, 09:32:43 PM
Would be very very surprised to see Sinclair seek a trade away unless its for cash cash cash.

Can't see us throwing too much cash at him. Unless he Berger nominates the bombers then he might get more, but can't see it being too big

elephants

Quote from: SydneyRox on October 07, 2015, 09:35:35 PM
Would be very very surprised to see Sinclair seek a trade away unless its for cash cash cash.

Can't see us throwing too much cash at him. Unless he Berger nominates the bombers then he might get more, but can't see it being too big

Hmm yeah well unless he has family ties we dont know about I cant see why he would. Bigger premiership chance at West Coast! :p

meow meow

Maybe he doesn't want to play as #2 ruck for his whole career? He's a decent ruck and would thrive as the main man. Infinitely better than Zmith.

SydneyRox

Quote from: meow meow on October 07, 2015, 09:45:11 PM
Maybe he doesn't want to play as #2 ruck for his whole career? He's a decent ruck and would thrive as the main man. Infinitely better than Zmith.

Really? Nice! Hope he gets to us. Eagles wanting Jetta will help, maybe throw in Marsh?

LF

If anyone would want to leave it would be Lycett not Sinkers

Levi434

Quote from: LF on October 07, 2015, 10:03:53 PM

If anyone would want to leave it would be Lycett not Sinkers

Sinclair >>> Lycett >> Leuy >>>> Smith

Money Shot

Carlton give up pick 20 for Plowman and Lamb!?

Do you reckon that's a win win? The guys on AFL trade radio said something like that could happen and I wouldn't mind that as a Carlton fan!

powersuperkents

Quote from: Money Shot on October 07, 2015, 11:25:07 PM
Carlton give up pick 20 for Plowman and Lamb!?

Do you reckon that's a win win? The guys on AFL trade radio said something like that could happen and I wouldn't mind that as a Carlton fan!
Win for Carlton (win-win for the Giants too because they don't want these talented prospects wasting their lives in the NEAFL - some players could end up resenting that club one day).

Definitely a win for Carlton though and would cut the Giant's list down by one and free up space in the salary cap to give required players pay raises (plus, again, Plowman & Lamb will finally get decent opportunities at AFL level). A solid trade for the Blues (what the Giants gain is obviously less apparent in this scenario, but I believe the benefit would be what I've listed above).

RaisyDaisy

I don't rate Lamb at all, so it makes sense that Carlton are chasing him

powersuperkents

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 07, 2015, 11:38:46 PM
Really?

I don't think he's that bad. The position he plays (small forward) usually requires exceptional talent (i.e. Betts, Rioli, Wingard, Balla, LeCras, Walters, Bruest, Elliot etc.) to make it worthwhile for a coach to play them. But I think he's a victim of the high draft pick. He was pick 21 but in an extended draft which made him a 1st rounder (he would usually be an early 2nd rounder) so people tend to expect bigger things from him. He's dominated in the NEAFL but has not been able to replicate the form at AFL level. I still think he is worth taking the punt on (Sydney have always been a tough side to break into and GWS hasn't really been any different for a young player). Carlton is honestly the best team he can go to if he's serious about actually getting his AFL career started one day so it's good to see that he's finally making a positive decision regarding his future.

Plowman doesn't really need any defence but has been shocking at AFL level (obviously hasn't been exposed to the AFL enough yet so this trade should be good for him). It also seems like GWS are backing Marchbank over him

Mat0369

Quote from: TomK on October 07, 2015, 06:46:45 PM
Zac Smith nominates Geelong. Is there anyone they're not getting?

That's interesting. He and the wife are both from Queensland. I don't know how close he is with Josh Caddy but they might have some friends out that way

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 07, 2015, 11:38:46 PM

He wasn't too bad when he left the Swans. He looked like he was finally having an impact at AFL level after being the sub every week. The fact he struggled to crack a game at the Giants is a worry. Our small forward stocks are horrible though, almost anything is an upgrade.

RaisyDaisy

Don't get me wrong, I understand that the time he was with Sydney was always hard to get a game, but he couldn't even get a regular run with GWS. The whole concept that they had plenty of kids is irrelevant, because he is one of those kids.

3rd club already. Carlton is the perfect chance for him, but if he cant make it work now then he never will. I'm sure he would get a chance, but I stand by my comment - I just don't rate him and cant see him really mounting to anything significant

powersuperkents

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 08, 2015, 12:03:08 AM
Don't get me wrong, I understand that the time he was with Sydney was always hard to get a game, but he couldn't even get a regular run with GWS. The whole concept that they had plenty of kids is irrelevant, because he is one of those kids.

3rd club already. Carlton is the perfect chance for him, but if he cant make it work now then he never will. I'm sure he would get a chance, but I stand by my comment - I just don't rate him and cant see him really mounting to anything significant
I agree with that mate

He couldn't regularly get a stint at GWS and that is something to worry about at this point - and most likely why GWS would be willing to part with him and Plowman for pick 20. Silvagni obviously sees something in him, but then it's a question of whether SoS thinks he's a genuine talent, or whether SoS knows that's the best Carlton can get at the moment.

I agree, he will get game time at Carlton, but if he doesn't there won't be any more excuses for the kid - I think he either performs at Carlton or gets delisted (because if he doesn't perform there, he isn't of AFL standard). I understand where you are coming from and I'm sure Carlton have their doubts, but pick 20 is a small price to pay when your club is expecting pick 1 + 2 first rounders for Henderson & Yarran. What doesn't make sense is that if Tom Bell leaves to Brisbane, his projected value is a 2nd round pick and a 'steak knife' player... (easily outperformed both Hendo & Yaz this season - don't see Carlton letting him go at that price, esp. when he's still contracted)

Money Shot

Yeah Carlton will do everything possible to get the most from Bell!
And I don't know much about Lamb but I do think Plowman is a good fit and could play on that third tall behind Weightering and Carslile ;)

kilbluff1985

Carlton are idiots if they trade Bell