Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meow meow

I'd happily give up pick 11 and Hrovat for Carlisle. AA quality KPD in his absolute prime.

powersuperkents

Quote from: meow meow on October 05, 2015, 10:07:07 PM
I'd happily give up pick 11 and Hrovat for Carlisle. AA quality KPD in his absolute prime.
He's exactly what both the Saints & the Bulldogs need - any team could use him tbh. He's most likely going for a bargain price because he's on bad terms with the Bombers - after the whole ASADA drama, a lot of their players are. 

e.g. despite a disappointing season, I think Port snatched up Ryder for a bargain price - purely because he had considered suing the Bombers. The fact we didn't have to give up a player was remarkable. Hinkley has a policy on not trading players unless they seek trades.

Pkbaldy

Agreed. Would be best for both clubs.

Cant see Saints offering Pick 5 after Richo has come out and said how well he rates the top 5 prospects of this draft (Exlcudes Schache).

Best I can see us offering is 2nd rounder + player. Or take the gamble in offering 1st of next year. And hope we dont finish bottom 4.

powersuperkents

Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 05, 2015, 10:11:23 PM

Cant see Saints offering Pick 5 after Richo has come out and said how well he rates the top 5 prospects of this draft (Exlcudes Schache).

Best I can see us offering is 2nd rounder + player. Or take the gamble in offering 1st of next year. And hope we dont finish bottom 4.
That is risky, I could see the Bulldogs undercutting the Saints if they do that.

Also, it could jeopardize the Freeman trade. I honestly think out 1st + 2nd rounder (and maybe something extra), in Carlisle & Freeman would be a fantastic outcome for the Saints

Pkbaldy

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 05, 2015, 10:14:40 PM

That is risky, I could see the Bulldogs undercutting the Saints if they do that.

Also, it could jeopardize the Freeman trade. I honestly think out 1st + 2nd rounder (and maybe something extra), in Carlisle & Freeman would be a fantastic outcome for the Saints

I saw something last week saying 2nd rounder (2016) for Freeman will get the job done. Which is why im hopeful that we are sticking to our guns and offering this years for Carlisle.

iZander

Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 05, 2015, 10:17:25 PM

I saw something last week saying 2nd rounder (2016) for Freeman will get the job done. Which is why im hopeful that we are sticking to our guns and offering this years for Carlisle.
Offering a second rounder for carlisle is ridiculous

powersuperkents

Quote from: iZander on October 05, 2015, 10:19:32 PM

+1

I think the Bulldogs will just undercut them (might throw in Talia as well)

Pkbaldy

Quote from: iZander on October 05, 2015, 10:19:32 PM

I actually said 2nd rounder + player. I myself, couldn't give a shower if we get him or not. He's not worth pick 5, YES he has AA potential, but he's a complete sook and his attitude is atrocious in some circumstances. 

H1bb3i2d

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 05, 2015, 10:10:59 PM
He's exactly what both the Saints & the Bulldogs need - any team could use him tbh. He's most likely going for a bargain price because he's on bad terms with the Bombers - after the whole ASADA drama, a lot of their players are. 

e.g. despite a disappointing season, I think Port snatched up Ryder for a bargain price - purely because he had considered suing the Bombers. The fact we didn't have to give up a player was remarkable. Hinkley has a policy on not trading players unless they seek trades.

RE Port (albeit off topic), can't complain from an Essendon perspective. We got your first and second pick, and considering you wouldnt trade a player who didnt want to go and there were no future picks to trade, that was the best possible outcome. It just so happened you came off a great year. Let's hope Langford really comes on :)

RE Carlisle: if he nominates St Kilda, I don't think the Dogs can "outbid" for him. He'll only sign a contract at the club he wishes.

Anyway, if Bombers give Carlisle and pick 23 for pick 5, and Saints trade that for Freeman, there's 2 future potential guns for your first pick. A really good result for your club IMHO.

powersuperkents

Quote from: H1bb3i2d on October 05, 2015, 11:53:27 PM
Quote from: powersuperkents on October 05, 2015, 10:10:59 PM

RE Port (albeit off topic), can't complain from an Essendon perspective. We got your first and second pick, and considering you wouldnt trade a player who didnt want to go and there were no future picks to trade, that was the best possible outcome. It just so happened you came off a great year. Let's hope Langford really comes on :)

RE Carlisle: if he nominates St Kilda, I don't think the Dogs can "outbid" for him. He'll only sign a contract at the club he wishes.

Anyway, if Bombers give Carlisle and pick 23 for pick 5, and Saints trade that for Freeman, there's 2 future potential guns for your first pick. A really good result for your club IMHO.
+ 1

I think it worked out well for the Bombers. Laverde (rightfully a top 5 pick) and Langford (between 12-20) were both sliders (the former being a huge surprise - I remember being in shock over the first 18 or so picks when his name was still yet to be called - I tipped him for pick 5 at Collingwood or 6-7 at GWS). It was a talented draft as well - the last few years have been.

Yeah looking at the Carlisle trade that way it seems like it would work out for all parties. I'm hoping the Saints can recruit both Carlisle & Freeman - I've invested heavily in St Kilda's youth in fantasy football and I think with the additions the club with perform better and therefore the players will also :P

Levi434

Changing subject a little bit, but what do you guys think Gold Coast should want for Harley Bennell?

Big Mac

Quote from: Levi434 on October 06, 2015, 01:02:05 AM
Changing subject a little bit, but what do you guys think Gold Coast should want for Harley Bennell?

Given his issues, pick 15-ish

meow meow

Bennell didn't turn up to the medical at Richmond. Needless to say they were not impressed and ruled him out immediately. Is this guy for real?

Carlisle wouldn't speak to the Dogs unless we told him what we were going to offer him in terms of $$$ first. Is this guy for real?

Bugg likely headed to Melbourne.

Melb (Paul Roos) still chasing Luke Parker hard.

Money Shot

Apparently Carlton don't intend on trading Menzel although there were rumours on him going back to his home state! Think that is good coz I really rate him in that small forward role ...

Bell to Brisbane is in discussion ...

Yarran/Henderson are both going for first round picks probably 12-18 mark I would say ...

Carlton doing everything possible for Carslile ...

Also we are looking into a few GWS boys (Plowman, Lamb, Sumner, Phillips) don't know how we would get a trade done there and don't know much about them!

That's all that's happening in the Carlton talks!

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Levi434 on October 06, 2015, 01:02:05 AM

This doesn't help

Quote from: meow meow on October 06, 2015, 09:21:09 AM
Bennell didn't turn up to the medical at Richmond. Needless to say they were not impressed and ruled him out immediately. Is this guy for real?

Seriously Meow? He didn't turn up?

From what I've read, it looks like Freo are the only team left that might be interested in him