Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

The Interesting Matthew Lobbe page on Facebook should have a field day with this stuff, plenty of content to work with!

powersuperkents

Quote from: Ricochet on October 05, 2015, 12:37:58 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on October 05, 2015, 10:54:05 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on October 05, 2015, 10:37:23 AM
From trade radio this morning

- Yarran wants to go to Richmond and should
- Watts wants to stay at Melb but club are exploring options
' melksham deal done with Melb
- Jetta wants to go to wce but hasnt met with them yet
- Leuey will go to Essendon or Syd
- Lobbe has told Port he's open to a trade
- Geelong also confirm interest in ZSmith and SSelwood
Lobbe's manager denying this
Thank flower. Don't want to lose Lobbe (he's our Vice Captain - i.e. co-VC so I was surprised to hear this)

powersuperkents

Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 05, 2015, 10:52:07 AM
Quote from: Purple 77 on October 05, 2015, 10:35:29 AM
Quote from: powersuperkents on October 05, 2015, 03:28:38 AM
Demons fans

What do you think the possibility of a Toumpas for Aaron Young/Andrew Moore trade is?

Port are set to offer the GCS their 2015 & 16 first rounders to lock the deal and apparently Port want Toumpas as well (presumably to play alongside Wingard). Aaron Young and Andrew Moore want to leave and the Power didn't delist Butcher - do you think there's a chance that Hinkley held on to them to trade up to the Demons?

Roos wants a high profile mid and nothing says 'high profile' like Aaron Young or Andrew Moore, plus Butcher is as high profile as you get  :P

Eh, why not. I basically delisted Toumpas in my head mid-way through 2014, so getting something from nothing is a big win.

I was hearing about 3-way trade the other day along the lines of:

Young + third round to St Kilda

Pick 24 from St Kilda to Melbourne

Toumpas to Port Adelaide

Don't know too much about Young & Moore if I'm honest.

If this is true.... Then it looks like we'll probably end up using our first rounder in some way to pick up Carlilse :S
Like the sound of the trade. Aaron Young isn't that bad, but he doesn't fit into the Port Adelaide gameplan. Sam Gray & Brendon Ah Chee will now to the designated back-ups in the midfield and Karl Amon has done enough to get the nod ahead of Young up forward.

He really needs a trade because he's a contested mid who just cannot compete with Boak & Wines in the crash & bash role and isn't as elusive like Robbie Gray. I prefer Port focus on Sam Gray & Ah Chee as the former may lack natural talent but is a workhorse in the contest and the latter is technically advanced.

Don't see a future for Young & Moore at Port Adelaide. I can still see what Hinkley is trying to achieve with Butcher though (hopefully a 3rd tall with Dixon & Schulz and then a 2nd tall for Dixon), whether Butcher will ever be able to accomplish it is another question - he's a SANFL player imo, it has to be psychological as well because he has the same showerhouse kicking technique in the SANFL yet he still nails the goals... If the Crows pick up Mitch Harvey (the better long-term prospect) in the rookie draft, I'll be pretty disappointed  :-\

Regarding the rumoured trade, I'm hoping a return home is what Toumpas needs to get his career back on track. So far he has been just terrible for the Demons. Hopefully he's not a draft bomb because the fact Paul Roos could not utilise him is concerning - one of the most significant changes Paul Roos has made is picking the right players in the draft, something the Demons failed to do from 2009-2013 (Toumpas at pick 4 in 2013 obviously being their last 'bad' pick - everything since Viney has been good).   

TomK

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 05, 2015, 01:08:16 PM
If the Crows pick up Mitch Harvey (the better long-term prospect) in the rookie draft, I'll be pretty disappointed  :-\
I hope we do, pretty sure he's best mates with Riley Knight as well.

Purple 77

Quote from: Nige on October 05, 2015, 12:43:01 PM
The Interesting Matthew Lobbe page on Facebook should have a field day with this stuff, plenty of content to work with!

Lol, I love that page  :P

My Chumps

I'd be taking Aaron Young if I was the Dee's. He's an absolute animal and a ball magnet. Replaces Cross nicely.

nas

Quote from: My Chumps on October 05, 2015, 01:39:59 PM
I'd be taking Aaron Young if I was the Dee's. He's an absolute animal and a ball magnet. Replaces Cross nicely.

Been a splinter magnet for quite a while & with that now removed reckon the animal could be unleashed.

Mat0369

Quote from: Ricochet on October 05, 2015, 12:05:27 PM
Carlton want a first round pick for Henderson...  ::)

and rightfully so. There is no way Geelong will be able to fit him into their cap or have what it takes to get the deal done anyway. A few other teams will start throwing some offers our way now.

Ricochet

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 05, 2015, 03:48:53 PM

and rightfully so. There is no way Geelong will be able to fit him into their cap or have what it takes to get the deal done anyway. A few other teams will start throwing some offers our way now.
There's no way he's worth a first rounder

Mat0369

Quote from: Ricochet on October 05, 2015, 03:51:47 PM

He is better then Rhys Stanley and Stanley went to the Cats for pick 21. He wasn't great this year but he is not a forward, like Carlisle he is a borderline All-Australian CHB. He might not be worth a top 10 pick, but he is 100% worth a first rounder. Smart teams will play him in defense.

JBs-Hawks

I think you're overrating a first rounder here.

elephants

Yeah I dont mind Henderson, I think he goes okay. Agree that I'd only want him in my side as a defender though.

Ricochet

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 05, 2015, 03:59:09 PM

Maybe. But i reckon he's only worth pick 20ish

Holz

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 05, 2015, 03:59:09 PM

not at all, first rounders are vitally important its why its such a big deal when you stuff it up.

guy like fyfe darling where guys who should have gone at the end of the first round.

Spite

Too little Pie talk lately - Treloar for first trade done!