Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

Matty Crouch is a bit of butcher and doesn't have the build CEY does

I really like what I saw from CEY - hopefully he's AFL career continues

Ricochet

AFL 24/7 ‏@AFLTrade
Fremantle are emerging as a big chance of getting Melbourne's Jeremy Howe. #AFL #AFLTrade

:o

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Ricochet on October 01, 2015, 05:03:18 PM
AFL 24/7 ‏@AFLTrade
Fremantle are emerging as a big chance of getting Melbourne's Jeremy Howe. #AFL #AFLTrade

Hmmm... Guess this means super dooper unlikely they'll get McCarthy this year then haha.

Ricochet

Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 01, 2015, 05:05:28 PM
AFL 24/7 ‏@AFLTrade

Hmmm... Guess this means super dooper unlikely they'll get McCarthy this year then haha.
means they'll use our offers as leverage to get more $$$ to stay in Vic... like they do every year :(

jvalles69

AFL 24/7 ‏@AFLTrade

Wow, if they do, thats another dud signing...

Have heard McCarthy isn't going any where on the news this morning so maybe thats why they've gone for the dregs.

Ricochet

Quote from: jvalles69 on October 01, 2015, 05:08:31 PM
AFL 24/7 ‏@AFLTrade

Wow, if they do, thats another dud signing...

Have heard McCarthy isn't going any where on the news this morning so maybe thats why they've gone for the dregs.

This came out today as well

Quote from: Ricochet on October 01, 2015, 04:25:47 PM
So after reports came out McCarthy is staying at the Giants....

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-trades-richmond-fremantle-to-battle-for-harley-bennells-services/story-fnp04d70-1227551251977
QuoteThe Dockers hopes of securing GWS forward Cam McCarthy remain alive after his manager Colin Young angrily denied he has agreed to stay with the Giants.

He told the Herald Sun reports McCarthy had backed down on his determination to leave were false.

“Speculation Cam is keen to stay is completely wrong,’’ he told the Herald Sun.

“Cam is as keen to go home today as he was a month ago and he will absolutely be going through the process of a trade with Fremantle.”

McCarthy was born on the day of Fremantle’s first AFL game â€" April 1, 1995 â€" and remains a huge Dockers fan.

Purple 77

Kinda feel like if Freo get Howe, then we will get the best outcome in a trade... just because the offer would have to be large enough for Howe to move to WA.

I do wonder what we'd get in return... Crozier and something maybe?

Big Mac

Don't think Howe would be a good fit at Freo

iZander

Quote from: Purple 77 on October 01, 2015, 06:09:34 PM
Kinda feel like if Freo get Howe, then we will get the best outcome in a trade... just because the offer would have to be large enough for Howe to move to WA.

Would be nothing like Melksham though  ;)

powersuperkents

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 01, 2015, 05:01:35 PM
Matty Crouch is a bit of butcher and doesn't have the build CEY does

I really like what I saw from CEY - hopefully he's AFL career continues
I agree mate

I think the Crows favour Crouch because of his potential as an extractor. He's smaller than CEY, but seems to find the ball easily and he has shown promise as a contested ball winner. Disposal efficiency has always needed improvement though

I would say Crouch is a long-term prospect and that would be why CEY would want to leave (may see himself as just a 'placefiller' during the Thompson to Crouch transition - with questionable job security). 

powersuperkents

Quote from: Big  Mac on October 01, 2015, 06:11:04 PM
+1

I agree, Freo need a key forward who can start now (unlike Tabs who has a long way to go in his development). Howe could provide an aerial advantage that Balla & Walters don't have. But I would say they have their priorities mixed up if they bid for Howe over a key forward

Ricochet

They used to say the exaaact same thing about Neale. Too small and butchered it

Purple 77

Quote from: iZander on October 01, 2015, 06:12:32 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on October 01, 2015, 06:09:34 PM

Would be nothing like Melksham though  ;)

Oh man, phwoah, there is not many like Melksham  :P

Spite

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 01, 2015, 06:44:26 PM
+1

I agree, Freo need a key forward who can start now (unlike Tabs who has a long way to go in his development). Howe could provide an aerial advantage that Balla & Walters don't have. But I would say they have their priorities mixed up if they bid for Howe over a key forward

Why can't they bid for both? If they get a Key Forward and also Howe, that would be a pretty awesome outcome for them. A worthy key forward needs to be on the market first though... McCarthy would certainly be a good get

powersuperkents

Quote from: Spite on October 01, 2015, 06:49:14 PM
Quote from: powersuperkents on October 01, 2015, 06:44:26 PM
+1

Why can't they bid for both? If they get a Key Forward and also Howe, that would be a pretty awesome outcome for them. A worthy key forward needs to be on the market first though... McCarthy would certainly be a good get
I never said they couldn't. My post was unrelated to the one's above regarding McCarthy

I'm just trying to say that their priority should be a key forward, but I agree that recruiting a key forward (McCarthy looks highly unlikely though - not because of Howe but because GWS) and Howe would be a fantastic outcome.

If they had to choose one though, I would say the key forward is paramount.

I agree with the latter part and it's why I didn't name any key forwards in my post. Dixon seems to be destined for PAFC unless they reject it (which seems unlikely - but will strangle their salary cap) and McCarthy, so far, seems unavailable. I agree, I can't name any key forwards on the market besides those two off the top of my head and that's what will make it difficult for the Dockers - if they don't recruit a key forward, I have no doubt that Pav will stay on for another year (either way I see him most likely staying).

The prelim showed that what they need is a key forward and a medium forward (McCarthy/Dixon & Howe/Bennell would be perfect fits).