Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

powersuperkents

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 30, 2015, 04:51:16 PM
Quote from: powersuperkents on September 29, 2015, 05:45:17 PM
I'm happy that the Crows have forced the Cats to the trade table. It would have been unfair if they got Scooter, Hendo, & Danger (thus rebuilding their club) over one offseason (I'm not sure about how they could afford it either)

Eagles are going to send Cats to the table too. Will match what Geelong offer him
Yep, so Hendo is now definitely out of the equation for the Cats

elephants

Quote from: powersuperkents on September 30, 2015, 06:12:05 PM
I'm happy that the Crows have forced the Cats to the trade table. It would have been unfair if they got Scooter, Hendo, & Danger (thus rebuilding their club) over one offseason (I'm not sure about how they could afford it either)

Eagles are going to send Cats to the table too. Will match what Geelong offer him

Good stuff, Scooter + 2nd Rounder for Mitch Duncan!

jvalles69

Quote from: elephants on September 30, 2015, 06:13:45 PM
Quote from: powersuperkents on September 30, 2015, 06:12:05 PM

Good stuff, Scooter + 2nd Rounder for Mitch Duncan!

Yep!  I said a month or so ago Duncan was a late withdrawel from a game for no reason and never came back, think they are keeping him fresh for tradebait and I reckon Scooter was what they had in mind.  Would be incredible if we could somehow get Duncan, Jetta and Redden.

RaisyDaisy

I dont want Jetta. Looks like we will get him but I kind of wish we don't. Redden and Duncan please!

elephants

We need a quick outside player though. As much as I dislike Jetta, I would tolerate his BS if it meant adding a new dimnesion to our midfield.

In saying that though, I'd much rather Harley even if it cost us our chance at say a Redden.

jvalles69

Quote from: elephants on September 30, 2015, 06:37:07 PM
We need a quick outside player though. As much as I dislike Jetta, I would tolerate his BS if it meant adding a new dimnesion to our midfield.

In saying that though, I'd much rather Harley even if it cost us our chance at say a Redden.

I've heard around the traps that Bennell is a lock for Freo.

Agree about Jetta, we've never had a speedy player like him.  Remember those days where Carlton of all team used to beat us?  In my opinion it was because we had noone who could run with Betts, Garlett and Yarren (no probs now as they are all pretty much gone).  Run Jetta off a wing or halfback and when the other team has a speedy player match Jetta on them to negate their influence.

Purple 77

Demonland (A forum for Melbourne supporters for those that don't know) are saying that they've heard rumours that Spud Toumpas has requested a trade to Port Adelaide...

:D

powersuperkents

Quote from: Purple 77 on September 30, 2015, 08:49:41 PM
Demonland (A forum for Melbourne supporters for those that don't know) are saying that they've heard rumours that Spud Toumpas has requested a trade to Port Adelaide...

:D
Flower no!!!  >:(

I'm not one to doubt Hinkley's ability. But he isn't worth adding more to the salary cap for.

After Danger leaves, he could become the Crows best player though  :P

Mat0369

Quote from: jvalles69 on September 30, 2015, 06:40:33 PM
I've heard around the traps that Bennell is a lock for Freo.

Agree about Jetta, we've never had a speedy player like him.  Remember those days where Carlton of all team used to beat us?  In my opinion it was because we had noone who could run with Betts, Garlett and Yarren (no probs now as they are all pretty much gone).  Run Jetta off a wing or halfback and when the other team has a speedy player match Jetta on them to negate their influence.

We were actually a pretty good team and caused both teams a lot of trouble on that ground, then Mick came along.....

Add in Simmo, Walker, Murph and Judd. We had quite a bit of pace in that side at one point.

Toga

SEN reporting Collingwood's Ben Kennedy will play for Melbourne next year!

Purple 77

Quote from: Toga on October 01, 2015, 09:37:48 AM
SEN reporting Collingwood's Ben Kennedy will play for Melbourne next year!

:o

Big Mac

Interesting

Can any pies supporters explain why he didn't get many games this year? Is it just that other guys like Elliot were ahead of him or were there other reasons?

Not sure he can play as a full time mid, and I don't know if he can find enough of the ball while forward. He has pace though, which is something we really lack

powersuperkents

Quote from: Big  Mac on October 01, 2015, 10:35:53 AM
Interesting

Can any pies supporters explain why he didn't get many games this year? Is it just that other guys like Elliot were ahead of him or were there other reasons?

Not sure he can play as a full time mid, and I don't know if he can find enough of the ball while forward. He has pace though, which is something we really lack
It was for the former reason. He struggled to compete with Elliot, Blair, Broomhead etc.

I would rate Bennedy higher than Garlett in the forward line (although Garlett has been a handy forward pocket).

A good pick up for the Dees imo

Spite

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 01, 2015, 12:00:02 PM
Interesting

It was for the former reason. He struggled to compete with Elliot, Blair, Broomhead etc.

I would rate Bennedy higher than Garlett in the forward line (although Garlett has been a handy forward pocket).

No way he's better than Garlett are you joking?
He couldn't crack a game because he wasn't good enough, period. We basically gifted him chances to prove himself and maybe even to make him stay but he couldn't cope with top level footy and looked all out of sorts. I watch him in the VFL and he's a completely different player than what he is in the AFL.

Hopefully for you Dees supporters he can be the AFL player like he plays VFL but if not, you're going to pay a high price for another very average player

silloc

Quote from: Spite on October 01, 2015, 12:41:13 PM
Quote from: powersuperkents on October 01, 2015, 12:00:02 PM
Interesting

No way he's better than Garlett are you joking?
He couldn't crack a game because he wasn't good enough, period. We basically gifted him chances to prove himself and maybe even to make him stay but he couldn't cope with top level footy and looked all out of sorts. I watch him in the VFL and he's a completely different player than what he is in the AFL.

Hopefully for you Dees supporters he can be the AFL player like he plays VFL but if not, you're going to pay a high price for another very average player

although I agree that he is nowhere near garlett, that's harsh. You're only talking about a 3rd year player.