Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Mac

silloc

I hope the future picks trading creates some interesting gambles. For example swap of next years first round pick for your first round pick this year.

Spite

Quote from: silloc on September 23, 2015, 05:22:51 PM
I hope the future picks trading creates some interesting gambles. For example swap of next years first round pick for your first round pick this year.

That would be very cool!

Purple 77

Quote from: Ricochet on September 23, 2015, 05:11:10 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 23, 2015, 04:59:54 PM
Another club could jag him

Geelong cannot pay him more than Jelwood. They just can't, and they wont

If another club rocked up and said "here's 1.2M" or something massive like that, they could be a chance

Geelong in the box seat, but still a silly chance another club might get in

Quote from: Barra13 on September 21, 2015, 11:36:19 AM
Gia on Channel 7 Footy Show saying Melbourne has offered Dangerfield money that Adelaide and Geelong can't ($1.5mil).

Exactly! His lack of declaring a destination just gives me more hope!

silloc

Quote from: Spite on September 23, 2015, 05:26:48 PM

That would be very cool!

lol, we think its cool because we are football nerds. I imagine the average person would be like "...why would that matter?"

T Dog

Quote from: silloc on September 24, 2015, 10:45:17 AM

That would be very cool!

lol, we think its cool because we are football nerds. I imagine the average person would be like "...why would that matter?"

Nerds...c'mon we aren't Nerds. 

Nerd (adjective: nerdy) is a descriptive term, often used pejoratively, indicating that a person is overly intellectual, obsessive, or lacking social skills. They may spend inordinate amounts of time on unpopular, obscure, or non-mainstream activities, which are generally either highly technical or relating to topics of fiction or fantasy, to the exclusion of more mainstream activities. Additionally, many nerds are described as being shy, quirky, and unattractive, and may have difficulty participating in, or even following, sports. Though originally derogatory, "Nerd" is a stereotypical term, but as with other pejoratives, it has been reclaimed and redefined by some as a term of pride and group identity. ......ooops hang on   :-[ :-[ :-[

shaker

Quote from: T Dog on September 24, 2015, 11:33:54 AM

That would be very cool!

Nerd (adjective: nerdy) is a descriptive term, often used pejoratively, indicating that a person is overly intellectual, obsessive, or lacking social skills. They may spend inordinate amounts of time on unpopular, obscure, or non-mainstream activities, which are generally either highly technical or relating to topics of fiction or fantasy, to the exclusion of more mainstream activities. Additionally, many nerds are described as being shy, quirky, and unattractive, and may have difficulty participating in, or even following, sports. Though originally derogatory, "Nerd" is a stereotypical term, but as with other pejoratives, it has been reclaimed and redefined by some as a term of pride and group identity. ......ooops hang on   :-[ :-[ :-[

Hahaha T Dog very funny  ;D , the truth hurts sometimes  :P

Spite

Quote from: shaker on September 24, 2015, 03:05:27 PM

That would be very cool!

We aren't Nerds, we are Geeks!

The word geek is a slang term originally used to describe eccentric or non-mainstream people; in current use, the word typically connotes an expert or enthusiast or a person obsessed with a hobby or intellectual pursuit, with a general pejorative meaning of a "peculiar or otherwise dislikable person, esp[ecially] one who is perceived to be overly intellectual".[1]

Although often considered as a pejorative, the term is also used self-referentially without malice or as a source of pride. Its meaning has evolved to connote "someone who is interested in a subject (usually intellectual or complex) for its own sake".

silloc

Quote from: Spite on September 24, 2015, 03:11:43 PM
Quote from: shaker on September 24, 2015, 03:05:27 PM

That would be very cool!

We aren't Nerds, we are Geeks!

The word geek is a slang term originally used to describe eccentric or non-mainstream people; in current use, the word typically connotes an expert or enthusiast or a person obsessed with a hobby or intellectual pursuit, with a general pejorative meaning of a "peculiar or otherwise dislikable person, esp[ecially] one who is perceived to be overly intellectual".[1]

Although often considered as a pejorative, the term is also used self-referentially without malice or as a source of pride. Its meaning has evolved to connote "someone who is interested in a subject (usually intellectual or complex) for its own sake".

Thanks for the clarification

Football Factory

nrich102

I'm Greek?

So the Lions are linked with Grimely fromHawthorn Box Hill. Been the leading goal kicked in the VFL for a couple of seasons, could possibly fit into the team. Any chance of it happening?

silloc

I wanted grimly at the essendonians

Football Factory

I delisted Grimlee  ;D   last year   :o

JBs-Hawks

3 posts in a row and none of you can spell his name right haha

Big Mac

I would think his prospects are looking grim