Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iZander

Quote from: T Dog on September 21, 2015, 09:05:29 PM
Quote from: iZander on September 21, 2015, 09:00:50 PM
Quote from: iZander on September 21, 2015, 08:22:43 PM
I feel like my post may have sparked some controversy hahaha

Well you put that sort of incendiary comment out there...must expect  retaliation.  ::)
Things were getting boring, i just wanted to stir the pot a bit ;P

Purple 77

Quote from: Big  Mac on September 21, 2015, 08:52:23 PM
From smells ham being the dees' 1.6million dollar man to suddenly being linked with everyone!

I like this  8)

Edit: Apparently Melksham autocorrects to smells ham...I think I like it better this way

That is amazing. I know him at no other name now.

Spite

Quote from: Pkbaldy on September 21, 2015, 08:43:44 PM
Quote from: Nige on September 21, 2015, 06:57:51 PM
SEN is reporting that uncontracted Adelaide midfielder Matt Crouch is being chased by St Kilda, Richmond and Melbourne in the upcoming trade period.

I'm 90% sure that he'll get a contract with Adelaide.. He's cemented a spot in the 22 now, so doesn't really need to move... And the  Saints wont be able to get him, we'll waste the entire trade period working out a trade with Carlisle.

Not sure he has cemented his spot when his brother comes back. His bro could literally force him out of the team ala Beams style

TomK

Quote from: Spite on September 21, 2015, 09:41:44 PM
SEN is reporting that uncontracted Adelaide midfielder Matt Crouch is being chased by St Kilda, Richmond and Melbourne in the upcoming trade period.

I'm 90% sure that he'll get a contract with Adelaide.. He's cemented a spot in the 22 now, so doesn't really need to move... And the  Saints wont be able to get him, we'll waste the entire trade period working out a trade with Carlisle.

Not sure he has cemented his spot when his brother comes back. His bro could literally force him out of the team ala Beams style
He has. Danger out and Thommo's finishing up next year (probably), he is a lock for the 22.

TomK

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-21/cat-midfielder-asks-to-be-traded-to-lions

GEELONG youngster Jarrad Jansen has requested a trade to the Brisbane Lions, citing a desire for more playing opportunities.

Spite

Quote from: TomK on September 21, 2015, 09:47:40 PM

He has. Danger out and Thommo's finishing up next year (probably), he is a lock for the 22.

Ironically forgot about Danger! lol

TomK

Quote from: Spite on September 21, 2015, 09:54:58 PM
Quote from: TomK on September 21, 2015, 09:47:40 PM

Ironically forgot about Danger! lol
Hahah I wish I could :'( :'( :'(

Ringo

Quote from: TomK on September 21, 2015, 09:52:12 PM

GEELONG youngster Jarrad Jansen has requested a trade to the Brisbane Lions, citing a desire for more playing opportunities.
Interesting but will he get more opportunities at Brisbane than the Cats given Brisbanes mid field depth especially if Aish stays. He will add some height though which has been missing. Only Liam Dawson is 190cm plus so he will no doubt be Jansens competition.

Brisbane will be in the market for Tom Bell if he asks for a return home from Carlton.

Aish is looking more and more likely to stay given that he has attended best and fairest, mad Monday and has collected his summer training program.

Mat0369

Quote from: TomK on September 21, 2015, 07:21:52 PM
Yes we can?

No you can't. If you match the contract he would be in his first year of a new contract which means you can't trade him. This is the reason 3 way trades in the AFL exist, you can trade picks but not players.

TomK

Quote from: Mat0369 on September 21, 2015, 10:11:21 PM
Quote from: TomK on September 21, 2015, 07:21:52 PM
Yes we can?

No you can't. If you match the contract he would be in his first year of a new contract which means you can't trade him. This is the reason 3 way trades in the AFL exist, you can trade picks but not players.
If we match, he is still uncontracted and he becomes like any regular player out of contract. He doesn't instantly become contracted.

The AFL website is even running with the possibility that we match to force a trade.

powersuperkents

Quote from: Ringo on September 21, 2015, 10:05:50 PM
Quote from: TomK on September 21, 2015, 09:52:12 PM

Interesting but will he get more opportunities at Brisbane than the Cats given Brisbanes mid field depth especially if Aish stays. He will add some height though which has been missing. Only Liam Dawson is 190cm plus so he will no doubt be Jansens competition.

Brisbane will be in the market for Tom Bell if he asks for a return home from Carlton.

Aish is looking more and more likely to stay given that he has attended best and fairest, mad Monday and has collected his summer training program.
Jansen can play at HF & HB. Would be a solid inclusion at the Lions and I really rate him. Don't think Aish will stay, but also don't think Jansen would be in the club's starting midfield (would need an injury or two). Nonetheless, he would be a solid inclusion and he is quite versatile (possibly develop at HB/HF and earn a spot as an inside mid in the long-term).

Also, if a player demands a trade to Brisbane... you take them... The Lions are the last club who should be picking and choosing. If they choose to move to the Lions, they are there to stay.

Should only cost a pick between 40-60 imo, so still plenty available to recruit Bell (who would be another win for the Lions). Hopefully, the Lions can work out a 3-way trade between Carlton, WCE, & Brisbane (will be tough because I don't think the Eagles need Redden enough to give away anything significant - that's when you disregard Redden's wishes and trade him to the club who will give the most).

Honestly, I think Jansen would be a great addition

Money Shot

Yarran to Lennon???
I heard that from an angry Richmond supporter who I am mates with? Is this the case? 8)

Henderson for pick 8 looking likely as well!

Kellogscrunchynut

Some guy on reddit photo shopped Danger to see what he'd look like at different clubs

:http://imgur.com/a/M988R

Nige

Brett Anderson is reporting that Richmond is offering Hamish Hartlett a possible five or even six year deal.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Nige on September 22, 2015, 04:17:16 PM
Brett Anderson is reporting that Richmond is offering Hamish Hartlett a possible five or even six year deal.

The exact type of player you need, although his body let's him down from time to time

(PS - Who the flower is Brett Anderson lol)