Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nas

Quote from: Ziplock on September 18, 2015, 04:30:58 PM
Quote from: Big  Mac on September 18, 2015, 03:58:01 PM
Quote from: silloc on September 18, 2015, 03:06:54 PM
"Aidan Riley, Rohan Bail, Jordie McKenzie and Jack Fitzpatrick have all been delisted."

Fitzpatrick is worth a second chance I would've thought

Such an awkward player given his height, rare speed and non-existent marking ability

I'm sure some team could use him, but how I don't know.

a bunch of the boys from school played in the same AFL team. When they were like 16, one of them Tim was really tall, like 6ft 4... but he was also super unco. So the coach's game plan was
'Ok everyone, the other team's going to think Tim's really good, because he's tall, and we're going to make them think that by calling Tim awesome and stuff.'
*everyone nods*
'But what they don't know if that Tim can't catch a ball or kick straight'
*Tim nods*
'So we're actually going to kick it to Ollie!' (One of the kids who at one point ended up on an AFL rookie list)
*Everyone nods*

Sounds like Butcher from Power

Purple 77

Quote from: elephants on September 18, 2015, 01:54:22 PM
SEN reporting that the Bombers want Jeremy Howe and a First Round Pick for Jake Melksham.

How flowering high are they?

Reckon we'll take essendons first round draft pick to pretend that offer ever happened. Lol what a joke if true.

Nige

Glen Jakovich has told 6PR Sports just now "I've confirmed it, John Worsfold will be the coach of the Essendon Football Club in 2016 with Guy McKenna his assistant"

AaronKirk

Quote from: Nige on September 18, 2015, 05:39:03 PM
Glen Jakovich has told 6PR Sports just now "I've confirmed it, John Worsfold will be the coach of the Essendon Football Club in 2016 with Guy McKenna his assistant"

That was last weeks news that it was going to happen (Brian Taylor said that on MMM on the Sunday Rub)

But having Jakovich put his name to it probably would suggest that it would be a strong chance of happening.

Big Mac

Quote from: Purple 77 on September 18, 2015, 05:36:15 PM
SEN reporting that the Bombers want Jeremy Howe and a First Round Pick for Jake Melksham.

Reckon we'll take essendons first round draft pick to pretend that offer ever happened. Lol what a joke if true.

Honestly don't even think he's worth our second rounder

RaisyDaisy

Jon Ralph saying Yarran has told Carlton he isn't coming back, and that at least 4 clubs are interested in Stevie J

Jukes

Quote from: Purple 77 on September 18, 2015, 05:36:15 PM

We should have gone low and offered to receive as little as possible like pick 99, because that's smart business. Who would seriously try to get good players/deals.

Mat0369

Quote from: silloc on September 18, 2015, 11:48:15 AM
Well that's what I thought about what Adelaide paid for betts... they obviously saw something I didn't

Please don't ever compare Jake Melksham with Eddie Betts ever again.

powersuperkents

Quote from: Mat0369 on September 18, 2015, 08:40:40 PM
Quote from: silloc on September 18, 2015, 11:48:15 AM
Well that's what I thought about what Adelaide paid for betts... they obviously saw something I didn't

Please don't ever compare Jake Melksham with Eddie Betts ever again.
The difference... Betts is a good player  :P hahahaha

Melksham is worth a late 2nd round pick to early 3rd round pick at the most... Out of contract and could just re-enter the draft (Essendon would probably select with pick 4 to spite him hahaha)

shaker

Assuming Melksham is one under the WADA cloud why would any club entertain drafting any of those Bomber players until it is resolved  :o

Ringo

Charlie Dixon looks set to join Port Adelaide - Only issue is trade Currently Port are believed to offered First Round pick but Suns may want also next years first round as well so some negotiation but deal will be done.

Harley Bennell is the interesting one and the Suns will no doubt try and get the best offer. He has already spoken to Freo and Richmond with Geelong and North also making enquiries. Suspicion that Hawthorn will also enter the race after the finals.

It would appear that there is some speculation that with the injuries the Suns have suffered this year that there are concerns Elite Fitness levels are not where they should be and that is why Port (With former Suns coaching staff Hinkley and Hart) are taking the risk with Dixon who has not played a full season as yet.  In fact this year was the most games he has played in a season.

Yarran reportedly going to Tigers.

powersuperkents

Good point about Dixon's fitness mate - so caught up in the idea of getting our first genuine key forward since Tredrea (love Schulz but he's a second tall, not first).

Regarding Port giving its first round pick next year, I think that is fair enough. Youth isn't an issue at Port, our first rounder should be between picks 12-18, and the Suns have been more than reasonable supporting Dixon through all this (not like Essendon in the Ryder deal, which was the complete opposite, no bargaining position yet they wanted more than they were ever going to get - their request for one of Hartlett, Wingard, or Wines, for a player who was going to sue them anyway, is still the most ridiculous thing I've heard).   

Hopefully a preseason at Port fixes Dixon up  :P

H1bb3i2d

From an objective point of view, what's Howe's salary at? I'm pretty sure it's not that much, if at all more that $400k a year.

Big Mac

Quote from: H1bb3i2d on September 19, 2015, 01:39:26 PM
From an objective point of view, what's Howe's salary at? I'm pretty sure it's not that much, if at all more that $400k a year.

Would only be about 300k

Has apparently asked for 500k+ for his new deal, but obviously won't get that anywhere

jvalles69

Word is Cats are going to offer Danger a 5 year deal but Crows will match it...