Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Quote from: shaker on October 17, 2014, 09:59:56 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on October 17, 2014, 09:51:04 AM
Quote from: shaker on October 17, 2014, 09:32:59 AM
Well I think the trade period could be shortened quite a bit as usual most of the trades were done in the last 2 or 3 days one full week would get the same results
Have seen this comment a few times and in my opinion it has to stay at 2 weeks man. Clubs need that time to negotiate and get an idea to see what is available. Also a lot can change in 2 weeks. Look what happened to the Bullies with the coach,  Griffen and then Boyd. Then also a lot of trades affect other trades and a clubs position, so the early ones needed to be completed before others can be finalized. And lastly, the trade period isn't for the fans or media... It's for the clubs, and they need that period to all get together and thrash it out

That shot my idea down in flames  :P fair comment .
haha wasn't trying to shoot you down man!  Just a few reasons why clubs need the full period

Nige

Mark Stevens has broken news of GWS' big time play for several players late during the 2014 trade period.

Stevens confirmed the Giants tabled pick 4 for New South Welshman, Hawthorn's Luke Breust, which stunned the Hawks.

They also made a pitch to Melbourne, offering pick 6 to Melbourne for Jeremy Howe, who they believed could become a marketing machine, however both clubs had little time to consider.

Stevens also confirmed that the Giants made a play for Geelong's Steve Johnson, however a bigger bid came for his teammate Steven Motlop.

The Giants also tabled pick 4 for Patrick Ryder.

Mr.Craig

Quote from: Dudge on October 17, 2014, 07:37:53 PM
Quote from: SydneyRox on October 16, 2014, 06:40:49 PM
Quote from: elephants on October 16, 2014, 06:15:31 PM
Yeah sure, but my point is, could you have kept both?

Oh well, hopefully Biggs excels at the Dogs. Too good for the NEAFL.

If you believe the reports we couldnt have kept him, didnt have enough room in the salary cap to upgrade him to the main list?

Not saying I believe the reports, but if true, is this the first sign of Buddy's ( tippet ) contracts? Malcestki ?

I think the first sign was Mumford and White going.

Mr.Craig

Quote from: Nige on October 17, 2014, 08:04:52 PM
Stevens confirmed the Giants tabled pick 4 for New South Welshman, Hawthorn's Luke Breust, which stunned the Hawks.

I'm certainly stunned. Not stunned we knocked it back though.

Big Mac

Quote from: Nige on October 17, 2014, 08:04:52 PM
They also made a pitch to Melbourne, offering pick 6 to Melbourne for Jeremy Howe, who they believed could become a marketing machine, however both clubs had little time to consider.

Honestly not sure if I would do that deal. Howe was pretty much the only reason why I went to games last year.

meow meow

Herald Sun saying that Vic clubs have been told (probably by player managers) that Treloar and Tomlinson WILL be coming back to Melbourne next off season when their contracts are up.

Others out of contract next year include Cameron, Shiel, Coniglio, Greene, Buntine and Hoskin-Elliott.

FWIW Shiel and Treloar are both Carlton supports who are in love with Judd. I reckon one of them will be wearing his number 5 jumper in 2016.

elephants

meow meow

Quote from: elephants on October 17, 2014, 09:14:30 PM
Coniglio pls come home

"Many of the GWS kids including Jon Patton, Josh Kelly and Lachie Whitfield are contracted long-term, with others like Tom Bugg and Stephen Coniglio happy at GWS."

Vinny

Quote from: meow meow on October 17, 2014, 09:09:02 PM
FWIW Shiel and Treloar are both Carlton supports who are in love with Judd. I reckon one of them will be wearing his number 5 jumper in 2016.
Oh my flowering god. Yeessss please!

elephants

Quote from: meow meow on October 17, 2014, 09:17:19 PM
Quote from: elephants on October 17, 2014, 09:14:30 PM
Coniglio pls come home

"Many of the GWS kids including Jon Patton, Josh Kelly and Lachie Whitfield are contracted long-term, with others like Tom Bugg and Stephen Coniglio happy at GWS."

Happy but yet to sign a long term deal? (more hoping than anything else here..)

Jroo

Nope, Shiel is coming to Richmond.

Nige

Quote from: JROO8 on October 17, 2014, 09:27:42 PM
Nah, flower that.

If Tomlinson and/or Treloar want to come back home... they can come to Punt Rd.  ;D

Mat0369

Chris Judd leads the Carlton recruiting division and will go around another season for the specific reason of getting Treloar and Shiel to Carlton

elephants

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 17, 2014, 09:36:47 PM
Chris Judd leads the Carlton recruiting division and will go around another season for the specific reason of getting Treloar and Shiel to Carlton

If Judd get you Treloar then the original Judd deal won't look so bad at all...

Jroo

Quote from: Nige on October 17, 2014, 09:32:53 PM
Quote from: JROO8 on October 17, 2014, 09:27:42 PM
Nah, flower that.

If Tomlinson and/or Treloar want to come back home... they can come to Punt Rd.  ;D
I rate Tomlinson highly, but we need a gun mid before another key forward. I reckon I'd take Shiel over Treloar too :o
Shiel > any other GWS player