Quote from: elephants on October 16, 2014, 03:03:16 PM
Somewhat surprised they upgraded Richards over Biggs

Key defenders > small defenders

elephants

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on October 16, 2014, 06:02:03 PM

But Biggs > Richards. Surely you'd go the better player. More chance of Richards being delisted then relisted than Biggs imo.

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: elephants on October 16, 2014, 06:03:51 PM
Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on October 16, 2014, 06:02:03 PM

But Biggs > Richards. Surely you'd go the better player. More chance of Richards being delisted then relisted than Biggs imo.

Sydney needs tall defenders. They already signed Richards on a two year deal midway through the season so they obviously rate him as a successor.

All of the rookies had very strong seasons (apart from American Mitchell who left) so Biggs was just unlucky. He's a good player.

SydneyRox

yup, got to back MM on this one.

If Teddy or Grundy goes does, X Richards and Allir Allir are pretty much the only key defensive units on the list. Besides sending Reid down back.

elephants

Yeah sure, but my point is, could you have kept both?

Oh well, hopefully Biggs excels at the Dogs. Too good for the NEAFL.

SydneyRox

Quote from: elephants on October 16, 2014, 06:15:31 PM

If you believe the reports we couldnt have kept him, didnt have enough room in the salary cap to upgrade him to the main list?

Tominator

Quote from: Jukes on October 16, 2014, 05:55:17 PM
Quote from: Tominator on October 16, 2014, 05:17:53 PM
Quote from: Grazz on October 16, 2014, 03:29:08 PM
Quote from: Jukes on October 16, 2014, 03:26:01 PM
Cooney, Giles, Gwilt, 17 and 62
for
Ryder and 53

I'd say that's a good trade period for us. Didn't see this "mass exodus" or "players not wanting to go to the dons" like some journalists and you guys have been saying

Yeh it certainly wasnt the doom and gloom the media predicted early, came out of it ok considering Ryder was going no matter what.

+1. Strengthened in depth and you're back in the first-round... come out of the trade window pretty well IMO

Already had pick 20? 17+20. Next pick is 62 though.

Ohh, thought you had sanctions which locked you out of the first-round. My bad

kilbluff1985

pick 20 technically wasn't a 1st round pick it was a compensation pick

Nige

Quote from: Tominator on October 16, 2014, 08:58:21 PM
Quote from: Jukes on October 16, 2014, 05:55:17 PM
Quote from: Tominator on October 16, 2014, 05:17:53 PM
Quote from: Grazz on October 16, 2014, 03:29:08 PM
Quote from: Jukes on October 16, 2014, 03:26:01 PM
Cooney, Giles, Gwilt, 17 and 62
for
Ryder and 53

I'd say that's a good trade period for us. Didn't see this "mass exodus" or "players not wanting to go to the dons" like some journalists and you guys have been saying

Yeh it certainly wasnt the doom and gloom the media predicted early, came out of it ok considering Ryder was going no matter what.

+1. Strengthened in depth and you're back in the first-round... come out of the trade window pretty well IMO

Already had pick 20? 17+20. Next pick is 62 though.

Ohh, thought you had sanctions which locked you out of the first-round. My bad
The sanction was moving their first rounder to the end of the round, not where it should have been on ladder position. So really, getting 17 was actually a pretty good result for the Bombers. 17 and 20 should be quite handy for them.

Mat0369

Quote from: elephants on October 16, 2014, 02:27:19 PM
Is that a reference to Carlton's entire list? Or trading a late national pick for a young key forward? :P

At picking up Jones who is horrible

shaker

Well I think the trade period could be shortened quite a bit as usual most of the trades were done in the last 2 or 3 days one full week would get the same results

Ricochet

Quote from: shaker on October 17, 2014, 09:32:59 AM
Well I think the trade period could be shortened quite a bit as usual most of the trades were done in the last 2 or 3 days one full week would get the same results
Have seen this comment a few times and in my opinion it has to stay at 2 weeks man. Clubs need that time to negotiate and get an idea to see what is available. Also a lot can change in 2 weeks. Look what happened to the Bullies with the coach,  Griffen and then Boyd. Then also a lot of trades affect other trades and a clubs position, so the early ones needed to be completed before others can be finalized. And lastly, the trade period isn't for the fans or media... It's for the clubs, and they need that period to all get together and thrash it out

kilbluff1985

not to mention clubs like getting medicals done would be much harder if was only a week

shaker

Quote from: Ricochet on October 17, 2014, 09:51:04 AM
Quote from: shaker on October 17, 2014, 09:32:59 AM
Have seen this comment a few times and in my opinion it has to stay at 2 weeks man. Clubs need that time to negotiate and get an idea to see what is available. Also a lot can change in 2 weeks. Look what happened to the Bullies with the coach,  Griffen and then Boyd. Then also a lot of trades affect other trades and a clubs position, so the early ones needed to be completed before others can be finalized. And lastly, the trade period isn't for the fans or media... It's for the clubs, and they need that period to all get together and thrash it out

That shot my idea down in flames  :P fair comment .

Dudge

Quote from: SydneyRox on October 16, 2014, 06:40:49 PM
Quote from: elephants on October 16, 2014, 06:15:31 PM

If you believe the reports we couldnt have kept him, didnt have enough room in the salary cap to upgrade him to the main list?

Not saying I believe the reports, but if true, is this the first sign of Buddy's ( tippet ) contracts? Malcestki ?