Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

If Redden was to be traded to Collingwood with Pick 4 for beams I would expect us to seek one of collingwoods picks in the 20s to be added as it is overs.  Redden for Beams should be a straight swap though if Brisbane want to go that way.

WCarey18

Quote from: Ricochet on October 07, 2014, 10:37:23 AM
Quote from: WCarey18 on October 07, 2014, 10:36:18 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on October 07, 2014, 10:00:32 AM
CONFIRMED
Levi Greenwood has officially asked North Melbourne for a trade to Collingwood.

Source??
Heraldsun, Trade Radio and AFL Trades page

Seeing a lack of confirmation anywhere...

Herald Sun still reporting that "Collingwood a frontrunner to secure North's Levi Greenwood", no mention on AFL site, @traderadio, and you'd be silly to believe anything Facebook says.

@robbo_heraldsun only said "Suspect Levi greenwood today announces he wants to move to collingwood #dealdone" and thats hardly a confirmation, keyword 'suspect'.

Last I heard he gets back to from holidaying in Bali today, and will meet with his manager to discuss contract options. North raised their offer on the weekend, with even more money and a longer tenure.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/afl/levi-greenwood-mulls-higher-offer-to-remain-at-north-melbourne/story-fnca0u4y-1227080745157?nk=e7e214da4a0efb66971e2fd13bd034fc

Toga

Yeah I still haven't seen anything "official" yet. AFL live feed said: "Levi Greenwood has attracted interest from the Pies and Tigers" but that's all I have found so far.

Ricochet

Quote from: WCarey18 on October 07, 2014, 11:10:00 AM
CONFIRMED

Source??

Herald Sun still reporting that "Collingwood a frontrunner to secure North's Levi Greenwood", no mention on AFL site, @traderadio, and you'd be silly to believe anything Facebook says.

@robbo_heraldsun only said "Suspect Levi greenwood today announces he wants to move to collingwood #dealdone" and thats hardly a confirmation, keyword 'suspect'.

Last I heard he gets back to from holidaying in Bali today, and will meet with his manager to discuss contract options. North raised their offer on the weekend, with even more money and a longer tenure.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/afl/levi-greenwood-mulls-higher-offer-to-remain-at-north-melbourne/story-fnca0u4y-1227080745157?nk=e7e214da4a0efb66971e2fd13bd034fc

AFL 24/7 ‏@Afltrade  1h1 hour ago
BREAKING: North Melbourne's Levi Greenwood has officially requested a trade to Collingwood! #AFL #AFLTradeWeek #AFLTrades #AFLTrade

2014 AFL Offseason ‏@theafloffseason  1h1 hour ago
CONFIRMED

Mark Robinson ‏@Robbo_heraldsun  1h1 hour ago
Suspect Levi greenwood today announces he wants to move to collingwood. #dealdone

They're the three mate. key word is #dealdone from Robbo. AFL Trades pages are usually pretty good also

The_Captain

Any ideas on the trade that would happening?

WCarey18

Quote from: Ricochet on October 07, 2014, 11:17:35 AM
CONFIRMED

Source??

BREAKING: North Melbourne's Levi Greenwood has officially requested a trade to Collingwood! #AFL #AFLTradeWeek #AFLTrades #AFLTrade

CONFIRMED

Suspect Levi greenwood today announces he wants to move to collingwood. #dealdone

They're the three mate. key word is #dealdone from Robbo. AFL Trades pages are usually pretty good also

Hashtags mean absolutely zilch. Laughable you even think so. Robbo "suspects" Levi will make announcement, never said "Levi will announce".

Quote from: NoMoreRumorDo we have any confirmation that Levi Greenwood has asked to be traded to Collingwood? Or is this just another rumor....
Quote from: Ben WaterworthJust a whisper, but a very strong one and a lot of people going with it.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/trade-whispers-the-latest-news-during-the-afls-trade-period/story-fnp04d70-1227074447591
http://www.scribblelive.com/Event/AFL_trade_period_-_day_2_Oct_7/129264359

Taken from Herald Sun's Trade Whisper page. No confirmation.

Ricochet

Quote from: WCarey18 on October 07, 2014, 11:25:35 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on October 07, 2014, 11:17:35 AM
CONFIRMED

Source??

CONFIRMED

Hashtags mean absolutely zilch. Laughable you even think so. Robbo "suspects" Levi will make announcement, never said "Levi will announce".

Quote from: NoMoreRumorDo we have any confirmation that Levi Greenwood has asked to be traded to Collingwood? Or is this just another rumor....
Quote from: Ben WaterworthJust a whisper, but a very strong one and a lot of people going with it.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/trade-whispers-the-latest-news-during-the-afls-trade-period/story-fnp04d70-1227074447591
http://www.scribblelive.com/Event/AFL_trade_period_-_day_2_Oct_7/129264359

Taken from Herald Sun's Trade Whisper page. No confirmation.
Lol Robbo wouldn't even tweet it if it didn't carry some weight mate

The_Captain

AHaha must have some validity to it for him to stake his rep on it by tweeting..

But then again.. I'm no fan of Robbo !

My Chumps

My thoughts on the Eski deal;
Quote from: My Chumps on October 07, 2014, 12:09:13 AM
The team that beat us by 60 flowering points add an All Australian full back and we lose an All Australian half-back. Now we have to deal with Reece Shaw as the main ball user from half back. flower me.

Bloody hope we sign Patful now.
Losing Mumford, Malceski, Membrey and potentially Sam Reid for Buddy and Tippett. 

Any word on Joel Patful by the way gents? Still a possibility?

Ricochet

to be fair MC, that team did give you Buddy last year :P

Um haven't heard much on Patful personally except they expect him to head that way.

WCarey18

Quote from: Ricochet on October 07, 2014, 11:52:08 AM

Um haven't heard much on Patful personally except they expect him to head that way.

Wouldn't mind seeing a trade like this, though its unlikely since O'Rourke is said to be leaning towards Hawthorn.

Beams to Brisbane, Patfull + Nth's 3rd Round to GWS, O'Rourke to North, Greenwood + pick 5 to Coll.

SydneyRox

Mumford hurt a lot more than Eski will and Membrey wont even be noticed.

Sam Reid is such an interesting one, he just hasnt taken off, is that due to everyone else in the fwd line being more of a focus? Is it he is still only 23(next year) and started a lot skinnier than most other 'power' forwards.

If we traded him for something a little overs, then I dont think that long term it would be a bad thing. We dont need mids, with Heeney and Mills coming through, Mithcell, Robinson, Perris, Biggs etc all waiting for more time it is a defender we need.

What about a trade that gets us a #1 kpp defender, that I think would suit us better.

Ringo

Patful for Malceski compo pick will get it done.

The_Captain

Quote from: WCarey18 on October 07, 2014, 12:03:24 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on October 07, 2014, 11:52:08 AM

Wouldn't mind seeing a trade like this, though its unlikely since O'Rourke is said to be leaning towards Hawthorn.

Beams to Brisbane, Patfull + Nth's 3rd Round to GWS, O'Rourke to North, Greenwood + pick 5 to Coll.

HUh??? so Brisbane give up Patful for Beams.... No chance...

Jroo

Quote from: My Chumps on October 07, 2014, 11:48:31 AM
My thoughts on the Eski deal;
Quote from: My Chumps on October 07, 2014, 12:09:13 AM
The team that beat us by 60 flowering points add an All Australian full back and we lose an All Australian half-back. Now we have to deal with Reece Shaw as the main ball user from half back. flower me.

Bloody hope we sign Patful now.
Losing Mumford, Malceski, Membrey and potentially Sam Reid for Buddy and Tippett. 

Any word on Joel Patful by the way gents? Still a possibility?
Patful to GWS looking more likely.