Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 06, 2014, 08:08:49 PM
You guys are seriously underrating Hartlett. There is no way Port make that deal. And considering Essendon could very well walk away with nothing they should take the pick and shut the F up

you would take pick 16 for Kreuzer if he wanted to leave?

Mat0369

Quote from: Ringo on October 06, 2014, 06:57:55 PM
Just remember Pies fans you traded Karnezis for spud Jackson Paine last year just because Karnezis named you as club of choice and were left with nothing else.
If you guys think Pick 5 has not got a lot of currency then you have rocks in your head as well. If Rocky has expressed a desire to go to Pies I would be accepting Pick 4 and a Fasolo, Blair or similar is what we are offering with Golby.

Unfortunately because of the go home factor last year we are not in an overly strong position player wise which is why we can not afford to give the players you ask for.

What exactly has Karnezis done to prove he is worth more then Paine? Paine had some pretty good VFL form where Karnezis has struggled to even find a position and has been a huge bust. There is no way Collingwood should accept Golby, Crisp of Lester in that deal. I think they would rather wait 12 months.

Toga

Not underrating Hartlett as I think he is a seriously good player mate. But so is Ryder... So on face value, a swap of the two wouldn't be an unfair deal, but as to whether I think it would happen, I'd say no chance.

Essendon does not have the leverage in this deal to be asking for Port's elite players unfortunately, so given the situation I don't think a trade like this would eventuate... But Dodoro is one stubborn mother flowerer :P

Mat0369

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on October 06, 2014, 08:11:00 PM
you would take pick 16 for Kreuzer if he wanted to leave?

There is a difference between Kreuz and Ryder, Ryder can walk for nothing while Kreuzer is contracted. I would probably take pick 10 for Kreuz now though with his injuries

Mat0369

Quote from: Toga on October 06, 2014, 08:13:37 PM
Not underrating Hartlett as I think he is a seriously good player mate. But so is Ryder... So on face value, a swap of the two wouldn't be an unfair deal, but as to whether I think it would happen, I'd say no chance.

Essendon does not have the leverage in this deal to be asking for Port's elite players unfortunately, so given the situation I don't think a trade like this would eventuate... But Dodoro is one stubborn mother flowerer :P

If the deal was happening in a situation where Ryder could break contract and leave for nothing, yeah sure, but Essendon have no leverage at all in this deal.

Toga

Yeah, that's what I'm saying dude. A deal like this won't get done, because Essendon isn't really in a position to bargain so really they're gonna have to take what they can get (as we saw with Brisbane last year).

nrich102

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 06, 2014, 08:12:23 PM
Just remember Pies fans you traded Karnezis for spud Jackson Paine last year just because Karnezis named you as club of choice and were left with nothing else.
If you guys think Pick 5 has not got a lot of currency then you have rocks in your head as well. If Rocky has expressed a desire to go to Pies I would be accepting Pick 4 and a Fasolo, Blair or similar is what we are offering with Golby.

Unfortunately because of the go home factor last year we are not in an overly strong position player wise which is why we can not afford to give the players you ask for.

What exactly has Karnezis done to prove he is worth more then Paine? Paine had some pretty good VFL form where Karnezis has struggled to even find a position and has been a huge bust. There is no way Collingwood should accept Golby, Crisp of Lester in that deal. I think they would rather wait 12 months.
Karmezis was in Brisbanes best 22 IMO, however I believe that he let the club know early in the year that he wanted to move, so they didn't play him. Karny is better than Pain in the butt by a long way.

Pick 5 and Golby/Crisp/Lester is a fair deal.

Mr.Craig

The thing is, Port are desperate for a goalkicking ruckman. Absolutely desperate. You could make an argument that Hawthorn wouldn't have two premierships if it wasn't for Hale.

GoLions

Quote from: nrich102 on October 06, 2014, 08:29:18 PM
Quote from: Mat0369 on October 06, 2014, 08:12:23 PM

Karmezis was in Brisbanes best 22 IMO, however I believe that he let the club know early in the year that he wanted to move, so they didn't play him. Karny is better than Pain in the butt by a long way.

Pick 5 and Golby/Crisp/Lester is a fair deal.
Correct. My Aunty is also his Aunty or cousin or some shower, so they told me about it fairly early on in the season (especially with them being Pies supporters). No point developing a kid any further for another club.

Nige

sammy123

Quote from: GoLions on October 06, 2014, 05:31:35 PM
Quote from: sammy123 on October 06, 2014, 04:24:53 PM
Quote from: WCarey18 on October 06, 2014, 03:49:39 PM
Quote from: meow meow on October 06, 2014, 03:38:35 PM
Quote from: Holz on October 06, 2014, 03:34:31 PM
We will keep greenwood

Collingwood, Richmond and the Bulldogs have offered him a better contract than North have.

Pies asked for either of Hanley, Zorko, Aish or Mayes in the Beams deal.

Brisbane have told Collingwood today that they will NOT be getting a player in return for Beams.

Source: @AyrtonWoolley

I understand brisbane saying no. But beams isnt worth pick 4 in the draft. He's a superstar one of the better players in the game. Brisbane should give up one of those players listed.

Good on collingwood for standing up. Brisbane are offering them crap
We didn't say we were going to stick with just offering pick 4 either. It looks as though we'll be tossing in either our 2nd round pick as well, or if we get something from Merrett/Patfull (should they happen to go). Or we don't get him and continue on as we were, and the Pies either deal with the Suns or get stuck with a player who doesn't want to be there.

Yeah but even 2 draft picks isnt worth it. Beams has to be a straight swap for a Brisbane elite player.

Mr.Craig

When you play hardball sometimes you get beamed.

Jroo

Not surprised by this
@theafloffseason: Carlton have shown interest in North Melbourne's Liam Anthony.

Carlton need more spuds ::)

Nige

Quote from: JROO8 on October 06, 2014, 08:59:36 PM
Not surprised by this
@theafloffseason: Carlton have shown interest in North Melbourne's Liam Anthony.

Carlton will probably relocate to Brisbane so they can show interest in Beams soon.  :P

Vinny

Quote from: JROO8 on October 06, 2014, 08:59:36 PM
Not surprised by this

No please, we don't need him.

I want games into Cripps, Graham, Bell, Buckley etc.

Go away Liam.