Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Really don't think Pies will take two picks for Beams

Ringo

That is the latest rumour coming out Richo

The_Captain

They wikl want a ready made mid like danger... has to be Adelaide, Coll and Bris 3 way trade to get this done.. Just a matter of bris and Ade getting something sorted

Mailman the 2nd

Collingwood already have a ton of kids and small players. They need regular 22 players with ready AFL experience.

Ricochet

Yeh everything from Collingwood has said they want a ready made player. And tbh they deserve one if losing Beams. Like I said before, in my opinion he is a top 3-5 most valuable midfielder in the comp if you take into account age

WCarey18

Collingwood have supposedly put in an offer for Levi Greenwood from North, which might be the catalyst for a three-way trade to get Beams to Brisbane.

Collingwood give: Dayne Beams and picks 45 and 64.
Collingwood receive: Levi Greenwood and pick 4

North give: Levi Greenwood and picks 34 and 71.
North receive: picks 24, 45 and 64

Brisbane give: picks 4 and 24
Brisbane receive: Dayne Beams and picks 34 and 71

Thoughts?

I reckon its a fair deal for all parties. Greenwood is worth IMO pick 20-25, and with a shuffle of picks Collingwood and Brisbane exchange Beams for pick 4.

Win-win.

Toga

I was thinking Greenwood could well be a catalyst to the Beams trade. Is a ready made replacement for Beams (albeit not to as high standards as Beams), so if they could get him and Pick #4 in a deal for Beams I think you can lock it in.

WCarey18

Quote from: Toga on October 06, 2014, 12:41:15 PM
I was thinking Greenwood could well be a catalyst to the Beams trade. Is a ready made replacement for Beams (albeit not to as high standards as Beams), so if they could get him and Pick #4 in a deal for Beams I think you can lock it in.

Far better chance of this happening than a Dangerfield - Beams trade.

shaker

Looks good for the Pies and Lions don't know if Norf will be to happy giving up a good player a pick in the 30's for a pick in the 20's and one in the 40's and swapping a much later one ?

Toga

They haven't been able to come up with a deal that keeps him happy (he is out of contract), so if he's on the move I think a pick in the second round would almost get it done.

shaker

Quote from: Toga on October 06, 2014, 12:50:37 PM
They haven't been able to come up with a deal that keeps him happy (he is out of contract), so if he's on the move I think a pick in the second round would almost get it done.

Yeah but the Tiges have shown interest in him what do you think they would give Norf for him there first round ?

WCarey18

Quote from: shaker on October 06, 2014, 12:53:01 PM

Yeah but the Tiges have shown interest in him what do you think they would give Norf for him there first round ?

If they did offer pick 11, I'd take it. Think thats overs for Richmond.

Greenwood is good, but not that good. Hence the early second from Brisbane/Collingwood.

shaker

Quote from: WCarey18 on October 06, 2014, 12:56:25 PM

Greenwood is good, but not that good. Hence the early second from Brisbane/Collingwood.

It is overs by a bit I just think pick 24 is a bit under his value and who knows what other teams would offer plus there giving up a mid 30's pick for mid 40's one as well

Toga

Have also heard Richmond are interested but sounds like they will only make a play for him once they have heard that he is seeking to move to another club.. Agree that Pick 11 would be overs, so might involve a player and a pick if the Tigers enter the race.

WCarey18

Quote from: shaker on October 06, 2014, 01:04:16 PM
Quote from: WCarey18 on October 06, 2014, 12:56:25 PM

It is overs by a bit I just think pick 24 is a bit under his value and who knows what other teams would offer plus there giving up a mid 30's pick for mid 40's one as well

Okay....how about this then.

Collingwood gives: Beams and picks 30 and 65
Collingwood receives: Greenwood and pick 4

Brisbane gives: picks 4 and 24
Brisbane receives: Beams and pick 30

North gives: Greenwood
North recieves: picks 24 and 65.