Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on October 03, 2014, 06:25:52 PM
Quote from: meow meow on October 03, 2014, 06:24:05 PM
Quote from: SydneyRox on October 03, 2014, 06:20:21 PM
round 2 seems high to me?

It is too high. He's an absolute spud, the most overrated player in the competition! Soft as butter! Lazy! Got dropped this season because he is just not very good. He's almost as shower as Liam Jones.

Wouldn't call him overrated, don't many people rate him too highly. Definitely wouldn't be 2nd round for mine though.

Dogs get lucky, chance to get another strong player if they pick right
I think you took meow's post a tad too literally...

meow meow

Seriously though, if Shaun Hampson is worth pick 28 then Higgins is worth pick 26. He'll play 80+ games for North

Mat0369

Nah, he is pretty shower

I think if the Dogs get a 2nd rounder for Higgins Melbourne are guaranteed pick 3 for Chip

Ricochet

Remember guys compo picks are based on $$$ and age, not ability. so can't really compare players

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: Nige on October 03, 2014, 06:27:47 PM

It is too high. He's an absolute spud, the most overrated player in the competition! Soft as butter! Lazy! Got dropped this season because he is just not very good. He's almost as shower as Liam Jones.

Wouldn't call him overrated, don't many people rate him too highly. Definitely wouldn't be 2nd round for mine though.

Sorry I really couldn't see the sarcasm even looking back at it now.

Mat0369

Quote from: Ricochet on October 03, 2014, 06:37:54 PM
Remember guys compo picks are based on $$$ and age, not ability. so can't really compare players

Hence why if Higgins is worth a 2nd rounder then Chip is worth pick 3. I am expecting Chip has a longer contract worth more money then Higgins

Nige

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on October 03, 2014, 06:40:00 PM
Quote from: Nige on October 03, 2014, 06:27:47 PM

Sorry I really couldn't see the sarcasm even looking back at it now.
Didn't say it was sarcastic, I just said you took it a bit too literally.  :P

tbagrocks

Face it, AFL free agency is the worst concept in sport, with the compensation incuded

I blame that idiot Dumbetriou as usual! Bet he doesn't give back the money he stole though

Mat0369

FA is fine, it is just some clubs have no idea how to take advantage of the system yet

Ricochet

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 03, 2014, 06:41:50 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on October 03, 2014, 06:37:54 PM

Hence why if Higgins is worth a 2nd rounder then Chip is worth pick 3. I am expecting Chip has a longer contract worth more money then Higgins
yeh was more at the Hampson comparisons that have pooped up a few times.
North supposedly tabled a four year 400k deal and Frawley has been rumoured to take less money than other offers to go to Hawks so it's going to be line ball whether Melb get 3 or not

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 03, 2014, 06:51:16 PM
FA is fine, it is just some clubs have no idea how to take advantage of the system yet
agree.  Think we're in the minority that think so though

Mat0369

Quote from: Ricochet on October 03, 2014, 06:52:37 PM
yeh was more at the Hampson comparisons that have pooped up a few times.
North supposedly tabled a four year 400k deal and Frawley has been rumoured to take less money than other offers to go to Hawks so it's going to be line ball whether Melb get 3 or not

agree.  Think we're in the minority that think so though

People are going to complain that the best team in Hawthorn got Frawley (remember they have a lot of cash they were going to use to keep Buddy)

Then they will complain that Melbourne were compensated for losing Frawley with pick 3

The moral of the story, people are going to complain

meow meow

Hawks would have lost Jordan Lewis if Buddy had have stayed. The fact that the salary cap opened up enough so that the Hawks could keep him, and are able to bring in Frawley (without needing to use a pick) is proof that there shouldn't be compensation picks given. The salary cap space opened up is enough compensation. When extra picks are handed out it throws the whole equalisation system of a salary cap and draft out of whack.

tbagrocks

Quote from: meow meow on October 03, 2014, 07:08:01 PM
Hawks would have lost Jordan Lewis if Buddy had have stayed. The fact that the salary cap opened up enough so that the Hawks could keep him, and are able to bring in Frawley (without needing to use a pick) is proof that there shouldn't be compensation picks given. The salary cap space opened up is enough compensation. When extra picks are handed out it throws the whole equalisation system of a salary cap and draft out of whack.
Blah blah, what are Melbourne supposed to do? ???

Yeah FA works wonders, StKilda and the Demons going great guns with this new age device! ::)

Ricochet

Quote from: tbagrocks on October 03, 2014, 07:21:05 PM
Quote from: meow meow on October 03, 2014, 07:08:01 PM
Blah blah, what are Melbourne supposed to do? ???

Yeah FA works wonders, StKilda and the Demons going great guns with this new age device! ::)
Its only been a couple of year man. I'm sure Demons will be much better off in 3 years with whoever they take with 3 then keeping Frawley

meow meow

They'll be much better when they add this year's pick 2, plus three former top 4 picks in Hogan, Toumpas and Trengove who didn't play 5 games between them this year. FA isn't why they're down the bottom of the ladder.

They can sign another FA next season with the cap space opened up, without needing to use a pick, similar to how the Hawks did it with Buddy/Frawley AND they will have an extra pick #3 on their list.

All they need to do is find someone who is chasing money instead of a premiership.