Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krk004

Frawley to Hawks, possibly on less than what he originally was seeking.

Perhaps pk 3 isn't the comp pk outcome for Demons............. ???

kilbluff1985

Spite

Lol Hanners absolutely loves buddy, why would he leave? He seems happy!

_wato

Suck shower Geelong, don't have any remorse for you whatsoever.

However I dunno why he would of chosen Hawthorn (apart from success) but he has to play well otherwise he'll get shafted for someone else, as seen with Mcevoy.. Very interesting - I wonder where they have him playing if they were to keep Lake? He still has a lot to give in my opinion.

meow meow

Lake will go around again IMO.

Frawley could push someone like Stratton out of the best 22. Teams rarely ever get their best 22 on the park anyway so there will always be a spot that he can fill.

Jroo

Quote from: meow meow on October 02, 2014, 03:32:37 PM
Lake will go around again IMO.

Frawley could push someone like Stratton out of the best 22. Teams rarely ever get their best 22 on the park anyway so there will always be a spot that he can fill.
Yeah Lake committed for another year.

roo boys!

Spangher, Lake, Gibson, Frawley looks pretty strong for key defensive posts to me.

meow meow

Quote from: _wato on October 02, 2014, 03:13:46 PM
I wonder where they have him playing if they were to keep Lake? He still has a lot to give in my opinion.

Chip to play KPD leaving Lake to take the small forwards every week ;D. Absolutely destroyed Wingard!

Purple 77

flower me Frawley, the one club I didn't want you to go to!

It would really be the icing on the flower-you-cake if we didn't get Pick 3 because the pay is less  >:(

Grazz

Quote from: Purple 77 on October 02, 2014, 06:01:52 PM
flower me Frawley, the one club I didn't want you to go to!

It would really be the icing on the flower-you-cake if we didn't get Pick 3 because the pay is less  >:(

Tbh Purps i can't see how Frawley is worth pick 3, a second round pick is more realistic. Do you think he's worth pick 3 when the likes of Buddy and Goddard were only worth second rnd picks. Dudge was saying having two years to run on his contract boost's his compo pick but to me that isn't right either. I just don't see him being worth that high a compo pick.

Mr.Craig

If the compensation is truly based around age and the size of the contract as the AFL claims then I would love to hear their justification for Buddy being worth Pick 19 and Frawley 3. I think it's just a sneaky way of essentially handing Melbourne a priority pick.

Grazz

Quote from: Mr.Craig on October 02, 2014, 06:25:37 PM
If the compensation is truly based around age and the size of the contract as the AFL claims then I would love to hear their justification for Buddy being worth Pick 19 and Frawley 3. I think it's just a sneaky way of essentially handing Melbourne a priority pick.

Yeh i dont get it tbh. :-\

JBs-Hawks

If the compensation is truly based around age and the size of the contract as the AFL claims then I would love to hear their justification for Buddy being worth Pick 19 and Frawley 3. I think it's just a sneaky way of eseentially handing Melbourne a priority pick.

Its because they are both getting the best pick they can. The best compensation available is after your first pick. Hawthorn got the best compensation possible, Saints did for Goddard and Melbourne deserve to for Frawley. Just looks outrageous because Melbourne are a low team and have a good first round pick which just means they need the extra compensation.

Spite

What? Buddy got the highest compensation possible, you just won the flag so you got it after your first pick. If you came last that year, you would get pick 2. It's all the formula, the formula has its flaws but there was no sneaky business, just a flawed forumula

Grazz

Cheers JB. Don't like that system but if thats how it works then so be it.