Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

From 2014 AFL Offeason on twitter/facebook

‪#‎TheRecruit‬ contestant who has been playing with Beauauris in the VAFA, Waylon Manson has reportedly been spotted at Collingwood today, undergoing fitness testing and an interview.

SydneyRox

Unless he has put some work in, we all know his fitness is shower!!

Deserves a crack, but I wouldnt want to waste anything more than a rookie spot on him.

Ricochet

From 2014 AFL Offeason on twitter/facebook

Carlton's Jeff Garlett has reportedly requested a trade to Collingwood.
Both Essendon and West Coast have been named as other clubs to express the interest in the small forward.

Mitch Robinson may have found two potential suitors, with North Melbourne and Hawthorn signalling interest in the maligned forward/midfielder.

Ricochet

Also

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/fremantle-offer-james-frawley-3m-for-five-year-deal/story-fniv64vs-1227061568883

FREE agent James Frawley is considering a five-year contract worth $3 million to join Fremantle from next season.

And in a frantic bid to bolster their big man stocks the Dockers have entered discussions with disgruntled Carlton forward Jarrad Waite.

Frawley, 26, next week, is considering a deal worth $600,000 a season from next year if he takes Fremantle's offer and walks out on Melbourne as an unrestricted free agent.

It is understood that Geelong has offered Frawley in the region of $500,000 a season over five years.

Fremantle could have won Frawley's commitment if a request from his management for a seven-year deal was agreed.

Dockers officials are believed to have ruled out such a lengthy contract to a player about to turn 26.

elephants

Ricochet

Didn't think he would come home with the family issues he has over here

Mailman the 2nd

Imagine if Frawley became Sylvia 2.0  :-X

Spite

Would love garlett at the pies! Here comes the forward line we have dreamed about for years.

Wonder how we will do all these trades with no salary cap space at all... ;)

RaisyDaisy

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Spite on September 17, 2014, 02:47:14 PM
Would love garlett at the pies! Here comes the forward line we have dreamed about for years.

Wonder how we will do all these trades with no salary cap space at all... ;)

Don't you have enough small forwards who go missing constantly?

Mr.Craig

A lot of Hawks fans have been grinding their teeth about Mitch Rob. I almost want it to be true just to see how it all plays out.

Sweetness

Quote from: Ricochet on September 17, 2014, 02:42:00 PM
Also

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/fremantle-offer-james-frawley-3m-for-five-year-deal/story-fniv64vs-1227061568883

FREE agent James Frawley is considering a five-year contract worth $3 million to join Fremantle from next season.

Frawley, 26, next week, is considering a deal worth $600,000 a season from next year if he takes Fremantle's offer and walks out on Melbourne as an unrestricted free agent.

He's not worth that much surely?

Mat0369

Quote from: Mr.Craig on September 17, 2014, 03:32:32 PM
A lot of Hawks fans have been grinding their teeth about Mitch Rob. I almost want it to be true just to see how it all plays out.

He would be a handy replacement for Sewell. He is younger and better then Simpkin

_wato

Please no to Garlett.. We already have an endless abundance of small fwd/mids, it does my scone in! I'd rather give game time to Karnezis/KMart/Thomas/BenKen etc than give him games. Good player but not disciplined enough - However it would be nice to have a 40+ goal a year kicker, something we have lacked (good small forwards)

Our forwardline would be essentially second rate when I compare it to others..

Sidebottom, Cloke, White
Garlett, Clark, Elliot

Seems like we're scraping out of the barrel when you look at Sydney/Hawthorn/Port Adelaide etc lolllll

Spite

Quote from: _wato on September 17, 2014, 04:11:39 PM
Please no to Garlett.. We already have an endless abundance of small fwd/mids, it does my scone in! I'd rather give game time to Karnezis/KMart/Thomas/BenKen etc than give him games. Good player but not disciplined enough - However it would be nice to have a 40+ goal a year kicker, something we have lacked (good small forwards)

Our forwardline would be essentially second rate when I compare it to others..

Sidebottom, Cloke, White
Garlett, Clark, Elliot

Seems like we're scraping out of the barrel when you look at Sydney/Hawthorn/Port Adelaide etc lolllll

Reads much better when you say;

Sidey, Cloke, Elliot
Garlett, Waylen, Clark  😜

All those smaller players minus karny (because he isn't small) are midfielders. None are forwards and just because we have had a lack of small forwards since didak, doesn't mean we can stuff small mids into the pockets. Karny is being groomed as a tall mid and will probably play wing. Lumumba and ball out free up room for Kmart and JT in and hopefully Clint young doesn't play and we can play another mid.

Then everyone's happy, a dynamic forward line of actual forwards, a more settled backline (with Reid back there) and a midfield of up and comers.

Although the team will be very very very young