Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roo boys!

Quote from: Grazz on October 03, 2014, 03:33:07 PM
To get Waite and Higgins is very handy for the Roo's but if it leads to loosing Greenwood due to salary issues then it really tarnishes the deal. Roo's have to retain Greenwood but is the money there.
That's the issue I'm a bit concerned about. Not sure how North is sitting salary cap wise but would hope they've ensured they have enough to keep Greenwood.

Quote from: JROO8 on October 03, 2014, 03:29:25 PM
Quote from: SydneyRox on October 03, 2014, 03:24:15 PM
trade radio boys make a compelling arguement he wont fit in the 22 once you bring waite and higgins in
Lol, he was close to their best player this year. I wouldn't mind him at the Tiges!
Greenwood will go close to taking home the Syd Barker tonight as Vinny said, no way he's not best 22. Doesn't even play the same role as Higgins or Waite so not sure how that comes about.

Would think Jacobs/Mullett/Bastinac give way for Higgins, and perhaps Black for Waite.

Mailman the 2nd

Malceski's manager says he's keen to stay at Sydney

Jroo

Quote from: JROO8 on October 03, 2014, 03:29:25 PM
Quote from: SydneyRox on October 03, 2014, 03:24:15 PM
trade radio boys make a compelling arguement he wont fit in the 22 once you bring waite and higgins in
Lol, he was close to their best player this year. I wouldn't mind him at the Tiges!
Greenwood will go close to taking home the Syd Barker tonight as Vinny said, no way he's not best 22. Doesn't even play the same role as Higgins or Waite so not sure how that comes about.

Would think Jacobs/Mullett/Bastinac give way for Higgins, and perhaps Black for Waite.
[/quote]
Yeah, I reckon he finishes top 2.

Agreed, Black for Waite is a no-brainer and Greenwood is easily ahead of the others. No way will he not be best 22.

I don't think he'll leave, but if another club comes to him with a much better offer than Norf's, I'm sure he'd consider it.

Capper

i thought North were in salary cap trouble? yet they bring in Missy Higgins and Waite. How can they possibly keep Greenwood then

Mailman the 2nd

Doubt Greenwood would be on much dough at all. You'd have to be wary whether he'll return to his rubbish form from past years

Ricochet

Quote from: tabs on October 03, 2014, 03:44:49 PM
i thought North were in salary cap trouble? yet they bring in Missy Higgins and Waite. How can they possibly keep Greenwood then
Must be learning off Sydney ;)

My Chumps

Quote from: Ricochet on October 03, 2014, 03:47:51 PM
Still a little disappointed we didn't sign Frawley :P

roo boys!

Were they? Concerning  :-\

Perhaps a couple moving onto the veterans list or something in that regard. Not too sure how the new veterans list works

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on October 03, 2014, 03:47:21 PM
Doubt Greenwood would be on much dough at all. You'd have to be wary whether he'll return to his rubbish form from past years
Recall hearing its around 300-350k

Capper

FS and academy players named

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-03/drafts-dynamic-dozen

Collingwood
Darcy Moore (Father-son)

Western Bulldogs
Zaine Cordy (Father-son)

Melbourne
Billy Stretch (Father-son)

West Coast
Alec Waterman (Father-son)

Sydney Swans
Isaac Heeney (academy)
Jack Hiscox (academy)
Abe Davis (academy)

GWS Giants
Jack Steele (academy)
Jeremy Finlayson (academy)

Brisbane Lions
Josh Clayton (Father-son)
Liam Dawson (academy)
Harris Andrews (academy)

Jake Long, the son of Essendon legend Michael Long, has been nominated under the pre-selection rookie draft rule, where the club will get access to him if he is not picked in the national draft.

Capper

Quote from: My Chumps on October 03, 2014, 03:54:10 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on October 03, 2014, 03:47:51 PM
Still a little disappointed we didn't sign Frawley :P
We will get Ryder though  8)

Ricochet

Patrick Keane ‏@AFL_PKeane
WBulldogs have advised AFL they will not match NMelb offer for Restricted Free Agent Shaun Higgins. Higgins now able to join Kangaroos.

Ricochet

Quote from: Ricochet on October 03, 2014, 05:43:48 PM
Patrick Keane ‏@AFL_PKeane
WBulldogs have advised AFL they will not match NMelb offer for Restricted Free Agent Shaun Higgins. Higgins now able to join Kangaroos.
also...

AFL has advised Carlton that due to contract amount offer to J Waite & player's age, there will be no compensation for his move to NMelb.

AFL has advised WBulldogs that due to NMelb contract amount offer to SHiggins & player's age, club will be eligible for r2 compensation pick

SydneyRox

meow meow

Quote from: SydneyRox on October 03, 2014, 06:20:21 PM
round 2 seems high to me?

It is too high. He's an absolute spud, the most overrated player in the competition! Soft as butter! Lazy! Got dropped this season because he is just not very good. He's almost as shower as Liam Jones.

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: meow meow on October 03, 2014, 06:24:05 PM
Quote from: SydneyRox on October 03, 2014, 06:20:21 PM
round 2 seems high to me?

It is too high. He's an absolute spud, the most overrated player in the competition! Soft as butter! Lazy! Got dropped this season because he is just not very good. He's almost as shower as Liam Jones.

Wouldn't call him overrated, don't many people rate him too highly. Definitely wouldn't be 2nd round for mine though.

Dogs get lucky, chance to get another strong player if they pick right