Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvalles69

Quote from: Ricochet on September 04, 2014, 02:03:49 PM
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/brisbane-lions-may-offer-secondround-pick-for-essendons-paddy-ryder-20140904-10cc1x.html

Essendon became aware it had a genuine problem with Paddy Ryder some weeks ago, but Ryder's problem with the club began, in truth, in the first half of last year.

That was when the star ruckman and his pregnant fiancee Jessica McDonald became increasingly alarmed at the health risks posed by the 2011-2012 Bombers' drugs program. Ryder's interview with officials from the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Agency and the AFL did nothing to alleviate the couple's fears.

Small grievances between the Ryder family and the club followed, the Essendon players received show-cause letters from ASADA and the Bombers agreed its players and their families would be subject to annual health checks as a result of the program that has brought shame upon the club.

Should Ryder walk, both his management and his preferred club, the Brisbane Lions, seem prepared to deal with the Bombers through a compromise trade that would see the Lions sacrifice a second-round pick - around No. 20 - to gain the services of the talented player who is worth significantly more on the open market.

Bombers deserve sweet FA!

Ringo

Quote from: Toga on September 04, 2014, 11:05:05 AM
Does he suit the needs of Brisbane or GWS though? :-X
Honest assessment for Brisbane Togs. Unless Brisbane want to get rid of one of Berger or Martin (who has just signed a new contract for 2 years) can not see him coming.  Do not see him being able to hold down a Key Forward position. He is a definite RF and if it means losing one of Berger or Martin I think there would be a riot among members who are just getting over the Fevola Debacle with Bradshaw and Rischa.
may be wrong on the key forward but that is my opinion. Interesting though Dempsey still gets a mention in some rumours linking to Brisbane and we know how he is friends with Ryder.
Personally I think we will probably be keeping our powder dry this year to make the gig play for Beams next year.

jvalles69

Quote from: Ringo on September 04, 2014, 03:03:24 PM
Quote from: Toga on September 04, 2014, 11:05:05 AM
Does he suit the needs of Brisbane or GWS though? :-X
Honest assessment for Brisbane Togs. Unless Brisbane want to get rid of one of Berger or Martin (who has just signed a new contract for 2 years) can not see him coming.  Do not see him being able to hold down a Key Forward position. He is a definite RF and if it means losing one of Berger or Martin I think there would be a riot among members who are just getting over the Fevola Debacle with Bradshaw and Rischa.
may be wrong on the key forward but that is my opinion. Interesting though Dempsey still gets a mention in some rumours linking to Brisbane and we know how he is friends with Ryder.
Personally I think we will probably be keeping our powder dry this year to make the gig play for Beams next year.

Could Martin play that role similar to Darling?  Up forward as the link up player, pushing into midfield?

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: jvalles69 on September 04, 2014, 02:33:16 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on September 04, 2014, 02:03:49 PM
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/brisbane-lions-may-offer-secondround-pick-for-essendons-paddy-ryder-20140904-10cc1x.html

Essendon became aware it had a genuine problem with Paddy Ryder some weeks ago, but Ryder's problem with the club began, in truth, in the first half of last year.

That was when the star ruckman and his pregnant fiancee Jessica McDonald became increasingly alarmed at the health risks posed by the 2011-2012 Bombers' drugs program. Ryder's interview with officials from the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Agency and the AFL did nothing to alleviate the couple's fears.

Small grievances between the Ryder family and the club followed, the Essendon players received show-cause letters from ASADA and the Bombers agreed its players and their families would be subject to annual health checks as a result of the program that has brought shame upon the club.

Should Ryder walk, both his management and his preferred club, the Brisbane Lions, seem prepared to deal with the Bombers through a compromise trade that would see the Lions sacrifice a second-round pick - around No. 20 - to gain the services of the talented player who is worth significantly more on the open market.

Bombers deserve sweet FA!

yep, pretty much. I thought they weren't getting any compensation?

RaisyDaisy

Burger and Ryder to ruck/fwd and as for Martin, the guy is the ultimate utility and can play anywhere

Ricochet

Casboult has re-signed with Carlton ending that rumour

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Ricochet on September 04, 2014, 04:47:11 PM
Casboult has re-signed with Carlton ending that rumour

Now he just needs to learn how to kick and he could be anything

Near on best set of dukes in the caper at the moment

Big Mac

Frost has requested a trade to a Vic club. Would be a great pick up

Jroo

Quote from: Big  Mac on September 04, 2014, 06:08:38 PM
Frost has requested a trade to a Vic club. Would be a great pick up
Kristian Jaksch has too.

JBs-Hawks

Carlisle to the Hawks. I like :)

Mailman the 2nd

I'm 200% sure Carlisle wants to live in Bondi for the rest of his career

RaisyDaisy

Rumour on League Teams that Port have offered Tex Walker 1M to switch to them  :o

RaisyDaisy

Damian Barrett reporting that Harry O has played his last game for Collingwood

Sounds like Harry is extremely overly sensitive about off field stuff

Ricochet

Carlton going very hard after Tom Mitchell but his manager has said he's not going anywhere