Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valkorum

Quote from: Holz on October 20, 2016, 05:31:18 PM
Quote from: elephants on October 20, 2016, 05:08:16 PM
Yep happy with the Weagles effort. Wouldn't be unhappy if I was a Freo or Giants fan either.

Lol'd when the Eagles weren't even an option on FoxSports poll for who won trade period ::)

did you really do that great?

Vardy does have talent but can never stay healthy.

Mitchell probably only around for 1 year and i doubt you get a flag from it.

you didnt give much but you didnt really gain anything long term that helps you.

Freo on the over hand killed it

they moved down from 3 to 7 and will get the guy they wanted anyway (English) then basically gave up 2 early 2nd rounders and some late picks to gain Cam Mcarthy, Hill, Kersten and got 2 later 2nd rounders back.

Cam Mcarthy + 2 later 2nd rounder + Hill + Kersten

2 early 2nd rounder

You forgot that we got Joel Hamling as well

PowerBug

Saints, Freo, Melbourne my top 3 from the period.

Power, Crows in my bottom 2. Undo the trades they did make I think both clubs would've been happier.
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

powersuperkents

Quote from: Scrads on October 20, 2016, 05:41:35 PM
Saints were definitely big winners this trade period. I'm not saying we were big winners as well but I don't think bringing in Tom Mitchell and O'Meara can in any way be a losing trade period. As people have said, Sam Mitchell and Lewis were retirements waiting to happen so losing them is really no different than for example Geelong losing Bartel and Enright.
+1

Saints and Demons will definitely be contenders for the 8 next season.

I think Lids should secure the Giants maiden flag though - bleed a lot of talent, as always, but it doesn't make any difference to them - esp. since they managed to keep Lobb

GoLions

Saints, Dees, Dockers, Giants would be my top 4 winners for the trade period

Quote from: jvalles69 on October 20, 2016, 05:17:03 PM
Losers
Crows
Power
Lions
I wouldn't say we lost anything. Odds are we basically got a top 10 pick for Hanley which is way overs, and Frost adds a bit of experience to our backline. Apparently we weren't gonna take McGrath in the draft, so dropping from 2 to 3 is irrelevant, and we have 4 picks inside the top 22. I'm happy with what happened for us.

SydneyRox

Quote from: Scrads on October 20, 2016, 05:41:35 PM
Saints were definitely big winners this trade period. I'm not saying we were big winners as well but I don't think bringing in Tom Mitchell and O'Meara can in any way be a losing trade period. As people have said, Sam Mitchell and Lewis were retirements waiting to happen so losing them is really no different than for example Geelong losing Bartel and Enright.

that's not really right. Both Mitchell and Lewis were still contracted so were 100% playing next year, they came 1st and 2nd in the B&F and have both signed multi year deals.

Bartel and Enright may have wanted to play next year but were never a realistic chance.

powersuperkents

Quote from: PowerBug on October 20, 2016, 05:52:51 PM
Saints, Freo, Melbourne my top 3 from the period.

Power, Crows in my bottom 2. Undo the trades they did make I think both clubs would've been happier.
I'm not going to disagree

I think we brought it upon ourselves when we shopped Hammer & Lobbe around - the fact we still have them and didn't gain a top 10 pick set us up to be perceived poorly by itself.

I'm personally happy with the 4 picks inside the top 31 considering 3 consecutive seasons without a first rounder.

But giving up pick 9 will be criticised - esp. if we flower up the picks

jvalles69

Quote from: valkorum on October 20, 2016, 05:49:02 PM
Yep happy with the Weagles effort. Wouldn't be unhappy if I was a Freo or Giants fan either.

Lol'd when the Eagles weren't even an option on FoxSports poll for who won trade period ::)

you didnt give much but you didnt really gain anything long term that helps you.

they moved down from 3 to 7 and will get the guy they wanted anyway (English) then basically gave up 2 early 2nd rounders and some late picks to gain Cam Mcarthy, Hill, Kersten and got 2 later 2nd rounders back.

2 early 2nd rounder

You forgot that we got Joel Hamling as well

Could it be considered a loss cos you still have Ballas?  :P  Nah you guys got what you needed really, definitely should improve off that trade period and that's really what a successful trade period comes down to, well how I look it anyway.

Holz

Quote from: jvalles69 on October 20, 2016, 05:38:46 PM

2 early 2nd rounder

The thing is we didn't really need to do much, we didn't lose any of our big names, we got an elite super experienced player to help progress our younger guys and we got the backup ruckman we were looking for not named Petrie.  We've never been massive players with trades and recruiting players, we tend to develop our own and draft really well.  So many of our guys are still improving McGovern, Barass, Duggan, Sheed, Darling heck even Gaff, Shuey and Yeo prob haven't reached their potential.  We're fine and happy to slide under the radar.  ;)

Yeah but NN is a huge out and mitchell doesnt cover that.

At least Petrie will play, Vardy probably will break down on the flight over to WA.

Mat0369

Quote from: meow meow on October 20, 2016, 04:44:34 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on October 20, 2016, 04:41:18 PM
So, it is true that Hawks gave up 48, 66 & 70 for Carlton's 2017 second rounder (say Pick 25).

Surely... SURELY, an IOU was involved in this trade. I just can't understand it, at all.

Blues are going to win the flag, then add a couple of compo picks and we're looking at pick 40ish. Not so bad...

Or in reality somewhere around the pick 20 mark. flowering awful.

We traded our 2nd to Geelong so I'm not sure what future 2nd were using.

jvalles69

Quote from: GoLions on October 20, 2016, 05:53:57 PM

Losers
Crows
Power
Lions
I wouldn't say we lost anything. Odds are we basically got a top 10 pick for Hanley which is way overs, and Frost adds a bit of experience to our backline. Apparently we weren't gonna take McGrath in the draft, so dropping from 2 to 3 is irrelevant, and we have 4 picks inside the top 22. I'm happy with what happened for us.

You're prob right if you look at it in terms of a minor rebuild, but I looked at it as you lost a decent player in Hanley and club's relationship with the captain is a little/lot "rocky".  Put it this way, oyu're not doing better next year than you did this year, but that's prob not the idea anyway.

Mat0369

Rhys Palmer likely means the end of Dennis at Carlton!

Money Shot

Teams from W.A win
Teams from Adelaide lose

I honestly don't know how to feel about Carlton!

Happy we kept Gibbs!

We wanted two first rounders and we didn't get that so we didn't trade!
We wanted Cameron, McGovern, Crouch x2 and we didn't get that so we didn't trade!

Would have had a look at someone like Luke Brown though as he is very understand

elephants

Quote from: Holz on October 20, 2016, 06:01:49 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on October 20, 2016, 05:38:46 PM

2 early 2nd rounder

The thing is we didn't really need to do much, we didn't lose any of our big names, we got an elite super experienced player to help progress our younger guys and we got the backup ruckman we were looking for not named Petrie.  We've never been massive players with trades and recruiting players, we tend to develop our own and draft really well.  So many of our guys are still improving McGovern, Barass, Duggan, Sheed, Darling heck even Gaff, Shuey and Yeo prob haven't reached their potential.  We're fine and happy to slide under the radar.  ;)

Yeah but NN is a huge out and mitchell doesnt cover that.

At least Petrie will play, Vardy probably will break down on the flight over to WA.

Nobody can replace NN's importance to us? Mitchell goes some way though (by covering another deficiency in that part of the ground).

Vardy will probably play 10 games pending injury, not sure if anyoe saw, but Giles had a flowering blinder in round 23, and I definitely wouldn't rule us out picking up a mature aged ruckman in the rookie draft.

Rusty00

Quote from: elephants on October 20, 2016, 05:28:06 PM
Quote from: SydneyRox on October 20, 2016, 05:26:09 PM
Quote from: elephants on October 20, 2016, 05:18:52 PM
Definitely disagree with anyone that says the Hawks lose!

They gave up a lot to get what came in the door. And they did some damage to players still there as well I reckon.

Handled Lewis and JOM trades really badly.

Havent got a pick in 2016 until #88

May not have lost due to getting JOM and Mitchell, but wouldnt call them winners

JOM and Mitchell have elite potential though imo, and Smitch was in his final year regardless. Lewis went real cheap, but lets be honest.. Fantasy aside he had some pretty poor games of footy last season, on the decline imo.
Lewis did finish second in the B&F. Not really sure you can call that "on the decline" :P

GoLions

Quote from: jvalles69 on October 20, 2016, 06:03:21 PM
Quote from: GoLions on October 20, 2016, 05:53:57 PM

Losers
Crows
Power
Lions

You're prob right if you look at it in terms of a minor rebuild, but I looked at it as you lost a decent player in Hanley and club's relationship with the captain is a little/lot "rocky".  Put it this way, oyu're not doing better next year than you did this year, but that's prob not the idea anyway.
Eh, Hanley didn't want to be there and he'll be 28 in a few weeks. Tom Mitchell went for 14, Blues wanted 13 + extra for Gibbs. JOM went for 10 and a 2nd rounder. I'll be laughing if Port drop a bit this year and we end up with a pick around 6 for Pearce! ;D
Rocky seemingly does want to be there, and looks like things are fine now. Can't make a call there I guess until next year though haha (or earlier if he extends his contract).