Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Quote from: meow meow on October 20, 2016, 03:23:50 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on October 20, 2016, 03:17:49 PM
I'd like to see all related trades be shown as one big mega trade :P

I'll give it a crack later
It'd look awesome no doubt! You'll also need to add in things from last year too! (E.g. We got Pick 30 back from the Suns which we gave to them for Dixon last year :P)

Quote from: meow meow on October 20, 2016, 03:24:56 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on October 20, 2016, 03:22:47 PM
Quote from: AaronKirk on October 20, 2016, 03:20:18 PM
Softie has a 3 year contract. You needed to offer more. Don't whinge at Carlton. Whinge at your own people for not getting the deal done.
Crows fans tho AK, probably the umpires fault :P

It was probably lodged but blocked by the flowering VFL, amirite?
Correct!
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

TomK

Quote from: Jay on October 20, 2016, 03:17:47 PM
Quote from: TomK on October 20, 2016, 03:15:10 PM
Go flower yourself SOS you un-empathetic arrogant flog.

What a nightmare.
I'm still holding out hope that this is just a nightmare and we'll have either Lyons or Softie when I wake up  :-\

If literally all we did this trade period was re-sign Jarryd Lyons I'd be quite happy. But to lose him for nothing and not get anyone else cannot be true.

You lost Lyons for market value? Cannot complain

Softie has a 3 year contract. You needed to offer more. Don't whinge at Carlton. Whinge at your own people for not getting the deal done.
You and I have no idea what we offered, his manger said we upped our offer today, he thought it was fair, plenty of people not Crows supporters said pick 13 should be enough. I'm glad we didn't fold and give into Carltons demands but it's pretty obvious they were unreasonable. I look forward to them enjoying an unhappy player.

elephants

Quote from: TomK on October 20, 2016, 03:31:01 PM

What a nightmare.
I'm still holding out hope that this is just a nightmare and we'll have either Lyons or Softie when I wake up  :-\

If literally all we did this trade period was re-sign Jarryd Lyons I'd be quite happy. But to lose him for nothing and not get anyone else cannot be true.

You and I have no idea what we offered, his manger said we upped our offer today, he thought it was fair, plenty of people not Crows supporters said pick 13 should be enough. I'm glad we didn't fold and give into Carltons demands but it's pretty obvious they were unreasonable. I look forward to them enjoying an unhappy player.

Fairly sure Gibbs will be fine playing out his career at Carlton. He said he'd prefer a move home but would respect his contract. I'm with AK, the onus is on the Crows to satisfy Carlton's demands!

No premiership for Adelaide now, that final puzzle piece is missing!

Jukes

What is with clubs trading away youngsters with pretty decent potential (Lyons, Stewart, Caddy, Black, Stevens, and then even older guys like Cloke and Dunn) for literally flower-all this trade period? Making some trades absolutely unwinnable for some clubs, and you should go in with the goal of winning every trade.

TomK

Quote from: AaronKirk on October 20, 2016, 03:28:34 PM
True.

If Softie wanted to leave why did he sign such a long contract a few years ago?

As he is contracted for 3 more years Adelaide needed to pay above market value to get him. They obviously didn't do that.

There is no empathy in the business community when people have signed contracts so why should there be any empathy from Carlton or anyone in the football community.

Good on them for wanting the best deal possible for a guy they did not want to lose.
He wanted to leave because they had a kid  and wanted to move for family support, everyone deals with these things differently and if they are struggling as a family in Melbourne, surely you'd want to help a player out in these circumstances.

meow meow

We needed to cut Koby for cap reasons if we were bringing in Cloke (even at half price). Got to keep Jong instead so that's a win. Plus he is a dumb footballer. Tough as hell and has a crack but we won't miss him at all.

AaronKirk

Quote from: TomK on October 20, 2016, 03:35:42 PM
True.

As he is contracted for 3 more years Adelaide needed to pay above market value to get him. They obviously didn't do that.

There is no empathy in the business community when people have signed contracts so why should there be any empathy from Carlton or anyone in the football community.

Good on them for wanting the best deal possible for a guy they did not want to lose.
He wanted to leave because they had a kid  and wanted to move for family support, everyone deals with these things differently and if they are struggling as a family in Melbourne, surely you'd want to help a player out in these circumstances.

But he also said before the trade period that he was happy to stay at Carlton.

Grazz

Quote from: Jay on October 20, 2016, 03:04:28 PM
Enjoy bottom 4 until Softie is an old man, Blues!

We put all our hopes into the Softie deal, and are now left with donuts, and lost Lyons! What a disaster.

We walked in this morning saying if it doesn't come off we'll stick with the plan of drafting what we need.
Not that disappointed tbh that we didn't get it done, we didn't get robbed by the Blues.
Lyons is another story though, feel we got robbed there, wtf.

Quote from: elephants on October 20, 2016, 03:34:27 PM
Quote from: TomK on October 20, 2016, 03:31:01 PM

What a nightmare.

Fairly sure Softie will be fine playing out his career at Carlton. He said he'd prefer a move home but would respect his contract. I'm with AK, the onus is on the Crows to satisfy Carlton's demands!

No premiership for Adelaide now, that final puzzle piece is missing!

Wasn't the final puzzle piece, never was. Make us better yes but not the final piece mate.

shaker

Future headline Gibbs wants time away from the game due to personal reasons

lachie_001

I'm just mad we traded Lyons!!!
Surely they could have waiting for Gibbs and then if that fell through, up'd Lyons offer.

Gibbs will be furious, SOS is pretty unreasonable, but guess what Carlton, we'll come back and get him next year for less :)

iZander

True.

Yeah I agree, Adelaide were quite inconsiderate

elephants

Quote from: shaker on October 20, 2016, 03:39:03 PM
Future headline Softie wants time away from the game due to personal reasons

He's happy to stay at Carlton? He made that clear before the trade period.

This is being blown way out of proportion haha.

Quote from: lachie_001 on October 20, 2016, 03:39:49 PM
I'm just mad we traded Lyons!!!
Surely they could have waiting for Softie and then if that fell through, up'd Lyons offer.

Softie will be furious, SOS is pretty unreasonable, but guess what Carlton, we'll come back and get him next year for less :)

I agree Lyons went for way unders, but SOS is just doing his job. Gibbs would have preferred a move home but it was never a move home or I'm playing VFL... He'll play for the Blues for next year, and the same rigmarole will kick of this time next season where the Crows will still not satisfy the Blues demands :P

GoLions

Quote from: lachie_001 on October 20, 2016, 03:39:49 PM
Softie will be furious, SOS is pretty unreasonable, but guess what Carlton, we'll come back and get him next year for less :)
He'll still have another 2 years, and I'd wager they'd be asking for your first rounder again anyway (which won't be 18 ;))

Grazz

Quote from: iZander on October 20, 2016, 03:41:05 PM
True.

Yeah I agree, Adelaide were quite inconsiderate

How do you figure that ?

meow meow

Crazy trade period. Some teams have clearly flowered up.