Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lachie_001

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 14, 2016, 11:55:00 AM
Why are people denigrating Carlton in the Softie trade... Softie is the sook and Carlton have every right not to trade if the Crows aren't willing to satisfy what Carlton perceives to be the value of a former no. 1 draft pick and required player who is contracted for the next 3 years...

If anything, Adelaide are sooking because Carlton won't shaft themselves.

I know people say that "contracts don't mean anything", however, the definition remains;

"Contract - A legally binding promise or agreement"

If the term "legally binding" meant nothing in Australia, society would crumble...
They are acting pretty unprofessionally. I just think that because of this 3 year contract you could probably mistake Gibbs for being the best player in the competition. I think late next week this will be done maybe with a future 2nd pick. Cornes reporting Adelaide have only put pick 13 on the table.

elephants

Sammy Mitchell <3 props to the Hawks here, clearly wanted the best for Sammy and that was reflected in their work at the trade table.

Okay Eags, time to make a heavy play for Marcus Adams! Blokes a freak!

valkorum

Hypothetical trade in light of recent news

Freo give pick 7
Dogs give Adams & Hamling

elephants

Quote from: valkorum on October 14, 2016, 12:22:09 PM

Freo give pick 7

I know a lot of Freo supporters who wouldn't be happy with that. Apparently grooming Tim English pretty hard to one day take up the ruck role for the next decade.

Bill Manspeaker

Freo give pick 7
the Dogs couldn't take that quick enough

Ricochet

Freo give pick 7
Yuck. Don't think we'll get both but should be able to without using #7 valk

GoLions

Quote from: elephants on October 14, 2016, 12:25:56 PM

Freo give pick 7

I know a lot of Freo supporters who wouldn't be happy with that. Apparently grooming Tim English pretty hard to one day take up the ruck role for the next decade.
Yup ^

I think only one of Hamling/Adams would go, so no way Freo give up N7

TomK

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 14, 2016, 11:55:00 AM
Why are people denigrating Carlton in the Softie trade... Softie is the sook and Carlton have every right not to trade if the Crows aren't willing to satisfy what Carlton perceives to be the value of a former no. 1 draft pick and required player who is contracted for the next 3 years...

If anything, Adelaide are sooking because Carlton won't shaft themselves.

I know people say that "contracts don't mean anything", however, the definition remains;

"Contract - A legally binding promise or agreement"

If the term "legally binding" meant nothing in Australia, society would crumble...
How are we being sooks? Cause we aren't giving them a 22 year old forward who kicked 30 goals in his first year of senior football? Or cause we aren't giving them a 21 year old midfielder who averaged more touches in his third year than Gibbs has in every year? (I get they are different players but far out.) Or cause we aren't giving them a 22 year old player who was probably our best player against the Swans in the Semi and has improved every year on the list? And they are asking for anyone of these players, along with pick 13, it's not even worth a straight swap for Crouch or Gov! Don't forget they are also contracted ::)

Would you as a Port supporter give up Ollie Wines and Pick 9 for him? No, you wouldn't. Also Gibbs status as Number 1 pick means nothing anymore.

If it's true, and I doubt it is, that Carlton aren't 'answering our calls', how can you say they are not acting like a bunch of sooks cause one of their best wants to go home for family?

valkorum

Quote from: Ricochet on October 14, 2016, 12:28:35 PM

Freo give pick 7

Whats yuck about it?

Pick 7 at the draft will get us one of the following:

SPS (at best)
Tim English or Griffin Logue more likely

If we offered up pick 7 for both players, we get 2 KPD who are both 23 and can play for another 7 - 10 years.  I think the value is better to get 2 x KPD

Holz

Quote from: valkorum on October 14, 2016, 12:37:27 PM

Freo give pick 7

Whats yuck about it?

SPS (at best)

If we offered up pick 7 for both players, we get 2 KPD who are both 23 and can play for another 7 - 10 years.  I think the value is better to get 2 x KPD

Sandilands is old, Griffin is old and a back up, Clarke is a spud and i dont rate hannath, why wouldnt you want to get one of the most promising young rucks in the game.

2 KPD will certainly help, but unless you dont rate english i think the ruck situation needs the most work.

valkorum

Before Adams/Hamling became available I was all for getting English with pick 7.   It's why i wasnt upset with the move from 3 to 7 to get McCarthy.  Made sense

If we can get Hamling and Adams without giving up pick 7 then I am all for it.

elephants

I don't think both will move, Hamling will stay if Adams goes imo.

At pick 7 for the pair you're really paying a premium for how unproven they are. Not for a second saying they wont be great players, but Hamling is suddenly immensely valuable after a good finals series (3-4 games) while Adams has only played 10 or so games of footy in his AFL career!

Giving up the chance at Tim English for these two still relative unknows is risky imo.

Although I do think draft picks are overvalued in the AFL (personal opinion).

Ricochet

Quote from: valkorum on October 14, 2016, 12:37:27 PM

Freo give pick 7

Whats yuck about it?

SPS (at best)

Because why use 7 when you should be able to get them without it?

I like them but they aren't #7 quality

meow meow

Hamling and Adams for 7? POST IT UP!

RaisyDaisy

@Holz, pretty sure Hannath was delisted too

Freo only have Clarke after next year you would think